EOS Grounds for Optimism

45 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

If a usually pay at the gate fan. Thought he was going to be told he wasn't known to the club. He/she could buy a season ticket. 

Right, I’ve heard something like this from Linlithgow fans before and I think it’s just plain weird to be honest. A boy that watches the Rose said on here he’d tried to sign up for your fans forum. I can’t remember for sure, but think it was Auld Heid (?) who said that Linlithgow’s forum membership was granted  “If known“. Cliquey and unwelcoming as f**k if that’s the case and almost sounds like becoming a Rose fan is akin to joining the Masons or something.

Anyway, I digress... I agree with what you’re saying about season tickets. I think it’s the right way to go and encourages/benefits the club and the fan usually. However, clubs need to be careful here as we’re living through difficult times and don’t know every individuals current circumstances. That boy who never misses a game, usually paying at the gate every week might now be one of the thousands of unfortunate folk who’ve since been made redundant due to Covid and may not have the disposable cash to fork out for a season ticket now. Could even have been the reason they paid at the gate in the first place before the pandemic. 

I think the right way to do it is either season tickets, or just general one-off ticket sales online. Any tickets sold physically should be in limited numbers, ideally paid for by card and ticket only issued to those with a valid form of ID required or some proof of address and any other relevant contact tracing details noted.

Edited by 8MileBU

33 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

There may be a decrease in season ticket sales this year given the uncertainty of getting the season concluded due to possible COVID disruption.

Could go either way Dave. Think some clubs might even see an increase in season ticket sales as some fans try help out their clubs. Others might just buy one to make sure they’ve a reason to get out of the house.

9 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Could go either way Dave. Think some clubs might even see an increase in season ticket sales as some fans try help out their clubs. Others might just buy one to make sure they’ve a reason to get out of the house.

Agreed BU. All clubs had season ticket holders, who ‘lost out’ last year with the enforced early end of season. Yet same fans, maybe more (?) have already bought season tickets for 2020-21, knowing there was every chance that start of season would begin with empty terraces, or with substantially reduced numbers (for some) permitted in early stages.

I saw an article from Dunfermline press today that says the developer at Rosyth is trying to back out of supplying them a new pitch.

Part of the deal was for a new grass pitch and facilities, including changing rooms, fencing and parking, to be provided for the club at the Fleet Grounds.

However, although Rosyth FC moved out two years ago, they have been left waiting on the promise of a new home to be fulfilled.

In February, the developer, MacTaggart and Mickel, applied for this condition to be removed, arguing that they shouldn’t have to deliver a replacement pitch as the club was already playing on the astroturf surface at the Fleet Grounds.

This application has still to be determined by the council, who are also looking at separate proposals that could see a replacement Inverkeithing High School built at the Fleet Grounds.

5 hours ago, gogsy said:

Best solution would be for Berwick Rangers  to move to English football then

Said this ages ago, join the Northern , or Westside League and fly through the pyramid -what a journey, ending up in the EFL 2 in the distant future. If Guernsey and Jersey can get in , then who knows eh.

5 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Said this ages ago, join the Northern , or Westside League and fly through the pyramid -what a journey, ending up in the EFL 2 in the distant future. If Guernsey and Jersey can get in , then who knows eh.

Around the time they were getting relegated from the SPFL there was some chat around that. Don't think it was ever too serious and just your typical internet what if...

The general impression I got was that there wasn't much difference. Travel to Edinburgh/Newcastle is about the same, their geography therefore has the same recruitment concerns. Probably easier to climb the Scottish pyramid or go on a Scottish Cup run than to do the same in England.

19 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Around the time they were getting relegated from the SPFL there was some chat around that. Don't think it was ever too serious and just your typical internet what if...

The general impression I got was that there wasn't much difference. Travel to Edinburgh/Newcastle is about the same, their geography therefore has the same recruitment concerns. Probably easier to climb the Scottish pyramid or go on a Scottish Cup run than to do the same in England.

Wouldn't they have to start in the Northern League Division 2 - Tier 10?

1 minute ago, Stag Nation said:

There's The Northern Alliance and Westside league below that. Northern Aliance would be most obvious.Alnwick are in that, but it's a non-starter, they do better in Scotland, I doubt they'd progress much further than the Northern League. There's a few clubs in that with similar or better pulling power for players and supporters.

1 minute ago, Stag Nation said:

No idea where they would start. I think this has been around the time when there has been some reshuffling of the English pyramid. The English FA's "Perfect pyramid" idea that I think would have the first few non-league steps brach out as 1-2-4-8-16.

With new leagues being created and much being done by applications some may have saw this as an opportunity to get at a higher spot than normal.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's The Northern Alliance and Westside league below that. Northern Aliance would be most obvious.Alnwick are in that, but it's a non-starter, they do better in Scotland, I doubt they'd progress much further than the Northern League. There's a few clubs in that with similar or better pulling power for players and supporters.

Which is why it was never much more than talk.

With their support and name recognition in Scotland, they really shouldn't fall below the EoS Premier in the current structure. That'd take some time as well. They should be able to survive in the Lowland League for a while.