The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

Castors's website claims...

"All garments have been tested by elite athletes to ensure they excel at the highest level, worn for 100 consecutive days before being approved for full production."

Is that the The Rangers trial over then?

Although I don't think Wullie frae Govan can be classed as an "elite athlete" he has most definitely had the top on for 100 consecutive days.

23 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Castors's website claims...

"All garments have been tested by elite athletes to ensure they excel at the highest level, worn for 100 consecutive days before being approved for full production."

Is that the The Rangers trial over then?

Although I don't think Wullie frae Govan can be classed as an "elite athlete" he has most definitely had the top on for 100 consecutive days.

So Andy Murray is wearing it about his house?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have ran out of excuses not to reformat the OP of this thread and will be doing so throughout the day.

Do we think Celtic have started their banter years enough to warrant starting a new paragraph underneath and switching 2020/21 to a rundown of Celtic's woes?

Think this season needs to be enshrined too before we forget the full list of f**k ups they've made this season.

3 hours ago, HibsFan said:

I have ran out of excuses not to reformat the OP of this thread and will be doing so throughout the day.

Do we think Celtic have started their banter years enough to warrant starting a new paragraph underneath and switching 2020/21 to a rundown of Celtic's woes?

Think this season needs to be enshrined too before we forget the full list of f**k ups they've made this season.

Do it.

There's sufficient material.

5 hours ago, HibsFan said:

As much as I'd love to see it, this one was several years in the making and that's made it much better than it would have been.

Right, that's the formatting back to how it was meant to look. I am never ever trying to edit a post on my phone again. f**k that for a laugh.

I'm now covering the March - July period of Rangers turmoil, which was mainly dossiers, statements etc.

I switched off to large parts of what they were mewling about, so if I miss anything out then let us know.

On 18/01/2021 at 14:59, HibsFan said:

it does feel like it, yeah. I mean this is off the top of my head and theres doubtless more but

• Lennon's recent heads gone press conference
  • Their entire European campaign barring a last day group stage meaningless 3-2 victory
  • Everything Shane Duffy has done since joining + his reported near El Hadj Diouf level wages (ideally if you can accompany him with that photo of him getting utterly skinned)
  • Everything pre, during and post Dubai trip
  • All of their games against Rangers* so far this season ending miserably for them
  • Getting papped out of the cup by Ross County, to the same scoreline iirc that led to that "SHITE" meme about them
  • Honourable mention to nearly arsing up a 2-0 lead against 2nd tier Hearts but might not fully count since they did skadge through it in the end
  • Elyounoussi on his mobile in one of the European games and Lennon seething about it post match
  • Their form post Dubai fuckery
  • You could for brownie points try to include a graph of the points gap on Rangers* as the season progresses, which at this point is just insurmountable
  • also singing "here we go 10IAR" for years at matches. ahahahahahahahahah. nope.jpg
Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

On 18/01/2021 at 14:59, HibsFan said:

You could maybe start a bhanter years thread.

19 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

it does feel like it, yeah. I mean this is off the top of my head and theres doubtless more but

• Their entire European campaign barring a last day group stage meaningless 3-2 victory
  • Everything Shane Duffy has done since joining + his reported near El Hadj Diouf level wages (ideally if you can accompany him with that photo of him getting utterly skinned)
  • All of their games against Rangers* so far this season ending miserably for them
  • Getting papped out of the cup by Ross County, to the same scoreline iirc that led to that "SHITE" meme about them
  • Honourable mention to nearly arsing up a 2-0 lead against 2nd tier Hearts but might not fully count since they did skadge through it in the end
  • Elyounoussi on his mobile in one of the European games and Lennon seething about it post match
  • You could for brownie points try to include a graph of the points gap on Rangers* as the season progresses, which at this point is just insurmountable
  • also singing "here we go 10IAR" for years at matches. ahahahahahahahahah. nope.jpg

Brilliant , and yesterday's draw with Livingston's second team ( and Broony getting his just desserts  ) 

Yes  , and Broony's stamp on the St Johnstone player relatively recently

Edited by ewan14

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Did that not come from the ICT semi that finished 3-2?

unironically not sure, i thought it was after that game where Martin Scott scored. Knew it was one of the highlands sides in any event, ha.

having had a wee look Neil Lennon was in charge for both of those banter 2-0 losses to County too, didnt realise that!

2 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

unironically not sure, i thought it was after that game where Martin Scott scored. Knew it was one of the highlands sides in any event, ha.

having had a wee look Neil Lennon was in charge for both of those banter 2-0 losses to County too, didnt realise that!

Yes, he was temporarily in charge at the time of the first one.  Most people thought it would be enough to scupper his ambitions, but surprisingly it didn't.

He survived the latest one longer than you'd think likely too.

21 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

The fallout from Boli Bolingoli’s trip to Spain merits a mention.