Scotland Centre Backs

The interesting thing with Clarke is that he's essentially never had his full selection of centre-backs to work with, so I have absolutely no idea who his first choice pairing is. At a guess it will be McKenna and Cooper, but he is always a difficult guy to read or predict in terms of his team selections and preferences.

You could say the same about the rest of the team, actually. The only players I'm 100% confident will start the Israel play-off if available are Marshall, Robertson, McGregor and McGinn.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The interesting thing with Clarke is that he's essentially never had his full selection of centre-backs to work with, so I have absolutely no idea who his first choice pairing is. At a guess it will be McKenna and Cooper, but he is always a difficult guy to read or predict in terms of his team selections and preferences.

You could say the same about the rest of the team, actually. The only players I'm 100% confident will start the Israel play-off if available are Marshall, Robertson, McGregor and McGinn.

Marshall is a joke I hope?

14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm just not sure that Clarke will be watching enough of the Greek Reserve League to put his faith in Bobby "Yashin" Allain.

Edited by craigkillie

10 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Why would the 34 cap first pick from Clarke's previous squads be a joke?

We have a keeper who has played over 75 minutes for Greek side Olympiakos. Definitely worth a look.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Someone said on here  (good source IMO) that Hanley's the first-choice CB but has never been fit. Clarke seemed to like Mulgrew before his injury but it's hard to make a case for him now. 

On 21/08/2020 at 22:42, craigkillie said:

Joe Baker spent his early 20s playing for Torino and Arsenal, Jack Elliott spent his playing for South Florida Surf and Bethlehem Steel.

1 )  much more importantly Joe Baker           started off at Hibs

2 )  U.S.A. beat England at World Cup           finals many years ago

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Someone said on here  (good source IMO) that Hanley's the first-choice CB but has never been fit. Clarke seemed to like Mulgrew before his injury but it's hard to make a case for him now. 

Mulgrew hasn't played a single match in 2020, he has little to no chance of even getting into the squad, nevermind starting. It'll likely be, Gallagher, McKenna, Cooper and Hanley (if all fit)  that are in the squad, none particularly sensational stand-outs. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/08/2020 at 15:18, craigkillie said:

I wonder what it would take for him to drop Robertson? He’s obviously the captain and a tremendous player but he just doesn’t play well for Scotland. I’d like to see Tierney in there for a match or two and see if there is improvement. 

11 hours ago, RobbieD said:

Jack Hendry got 90 mins for KV Oostende today and scored their injury time winner

11 hours ago, RobbieD said:

Steven Caulker also got a last minute winner today

1 hour ago, DavidMcG said:

George Johnston made his Feyenoord debut yesterday