Scotland Centre Backs

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

David Bates starting for Hamburg tonight in their first game of the Bundesliga 2 season.

#5 shirt so I assume he's part of the first choice pairing.

Hamburg had their two first choice defenders out injured tonight (Papadopoulous wears 9 and Jung wears 28).

I've been watching football since 1996. Bates was subbed off after around an hour after giving one of the 10 worst individual performances I've ever seen in the thousands of football games I've watched. He was that bad.

Hamburg will be midtable at best this season. Bates is crap. Not worth keeping an eye on.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Hamburg had their two first choice defenders out injured tonight (Papadopoulous wears 9 and Jung wears 28).

I've been watching football since 1996. Bates was subbed off after around an hour after giving one of the 10 worst individual performances I've ever seen in the thousands of football games I've watched. He was that bad.

Hamburg will be midtable at best this season. Bates is crap. Not worth keeping an eye on.

Larsson had a stinker on his Celtic debut and cost them the game. Give the boy more than a single game before writing off his move.

Bates was generally fairly rubbish for Rangers, and was only made to look better because some of the other defenders round about him were even worse.  I don't think he'll ever get a Scotland cap - he's more likely to end up rattling around in the Scottish Championship.

5 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Larsson had a stinker on his Celtic debut and cost them the game. Give the boy more than a single game before writing off his move.

I've seen him play plenty of times.

If he'd scored over 100 career goals and had multiple international caps before making his Hamburg debut, your Larsson comparison might've been remotely relevant.

40 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I've seen him play plenty of times.

If he'd scored over 100 career goals and had multiple international caps before making his Hamburg debut, your Larsson comparison might've been remotely relevant.

No chance at all he could have been nervous on his debut or still trying to adapt? No chance that at 21 he could improve? Fair enough if you don't rate him but I think it'd be a bit ridiculous to say he's not worth keeping an eye on.

And yes obviously the Larsson thing wasn't a comparison of their respective abilities/positions/past achievements or any of that - it was just a hilarious example of fan ignorance and snap judgements. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Willing to bet you're talking utter shite.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Bates was generally fairly rubbish for Rangers, and was only made to look better because some of the other defenders round about him were even worse.  I don't think he'll ever get a Scotland cap - he's more likely to end up rattling around in the Scottish Championship.

Aye totally, Hamburg to Scottish championship, happens all the time.  Seem to remember you telling me Stuart Findlay was mince this time last year too.  Bet you don't think that now.

17 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Aye totally, Hamburg to Scottish championship, happens all the time.  Seem to remember you telling me Stuart Findlay was mince this time last year too.  Bet you don't think that now.

Multi

On 03/08/2018 at 23:01, Gordopolis said:

No chance at all he could have been nervous on his debut or still trying to adapt? No chance that at 21 he could improve? Fair enough if you don't rate him but I think it'd be a bit ridiculous to say he's not worth keeping an eye on.

And yes obviously the Larsson thing wasn't a comparison of their respective abilities/positions/past achievements or any of that - it was just a hilarious example of fan ignorance and snap judgements. 

Larsson had a poor first touch, otherwise fine.