A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

A rather bizarre fixture this, a friendly at Easter Road between Hibs and Celtic in 1985 due to some bad weather leaving both clubs without a game for a few weeks, the home side winning 6-3 in a game that featured an Ally Brazil hat trick, Celtic players pictured are Tommy Burns, Alan McInally, Davie Provan and Judas Rat b*****d who, thankfully looks in some pain.

IMG_20190201_201821.jpg

IMG_20190201_203119.jpg

Edited by Flybhoy

22 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

IMG_0566.jpg

Probably my favourite photo this year......

Is that Ibrox?

The enclosure at Rugby Park always sloped down at that corner due to the houses in behind it, the current stand there does the same and I don't recall the terrace behind the goal being as large, I may be wrong though.

39 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Is that Ibrox?

The enclosure at Rugby Park always sloped down at that corner due to the houses in behind it, the current stand there does the same and I don't recall the terrace behind the goal being as large, I may be wrong though.

Is it not Love Street?

9 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Not Rugby Park, looks like Ibrox looking towards the corner where the away fans are housed now.

I was just assuming it was definitely Ibrox.  

It's the right type of stanchions, that survived the rebuild.

Maybe not though.  The terracing might not be high enough - could be Love Street I suppose.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Is it not Love Street?

That’s what I thought. The terracing at Ibrox was much bigger, had passageways, and it had a solid white boundary wall. No tenements on the Govan side either, just industry. 

Edit - found a photo

4ACA5E05-2B4D-4C9F-83C6-44D44F633C6F.jpeg.2faee492c4cb69b646c0ba6085ba08ea.jpeg

Edited by The Mantis

On 31/01/2019 at 18:45, Flybhoy said:

John Collins is 51 today, here he is after scoring his penalty against Brazil in the 1998 World Cup in France with Darren Jackson and Paul Lambert. 

IMG_20190131_175601.jpg

Jackson and Lambert genuinely look delighted at Scotland's equaliser, Collins genuinely looks delighted he scored, in a vain, self loving way. 

13 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Is that Ibrox?

Definitely Love Street.  Check the tenement block at the bottom left of the picture. 

lovestreet1.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg.78b216d155b99484caa9d06783fc346e.jpg

Edited by jamtart1972

On 02/02/2019 at 10:01, jamtart1972 said:

Definitely Love Street.  Check the tenement block at the bottom left of the picture. 

lovestreet1.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg.78b216d155b99484caa9d06783fc346e.jpg

Definitely Love street.   

That's a really old picture, as I don't remember the tenements at the back the North Bank at all.  

Edited by paul wright scores

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in.... Shawfield. 
5c5636dd5588d_domsullivan.thumb.jpg.29f476729805f3c8b81393928d42362c.jpg
Ex-Celt Dom Sullivan in his Clyde days... 

Do you work for the Scottish MSM ?

Aberdeen Appearances 98
Celtic Appearances 84

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 08:57, Flybhoy said:

Bound to have a pop at one of them the bold Frank Mcavennie, my money is on Kathy/Gillian Taylforth, always did strike me as a bit of a dirty. 

FB_IMG_1549097646006.jpg

Probably both. At the same time...

On 1/3/2019 at 00:30, tamthebam said:

When I first started watching football Clydebank were in the Premier Division. And nearly stayed up, except Falkirk pulled off an unlikely win at Parkhead IIRC.  After relegation they were then a respected midtable First Division side (who annoyed me because Meadowbank could never beat them!!) for many years. Kilbowie wasn't the worst ground to watch football at in those days and the support wasn't too bad either. 

Seeing these old photos of the Bankies makes me think that perhaps they were the Third Lanark of the modern era- shafted and then disappeared. Although there seems to have been more sympathy for Third Lanark's disappearance over the years than Clydebank's (maybe Scottish football is full of 1965 era embittered East Stirlingshire fans). The sorry history of the Bankies should perhaps ring warning bells for every club in the 1st and 2nd Divisions- no matter how well run you appear to be there's always that chance you won't be around a few seasons later. 

The reformed by fans  Clydebank FC found a home in the West Juniors, doing well there and reaching the Junior Cup final a few years ago. They would benefit from having a ground of their own but I'm not sure the local Council are too keen on helping them out. I'm sure a Bankie will put me right on that score though. 

Playing at Maryhill this season but will move back to Holm Park as joint tenants with Yoker, following the redevelopment which started last week.

Unsure what will happen next season as far as on the field matters go. We did vote to move the club into the EOS league as it would provide a path into the senior leagues, but with ongoing chat about the West region signing up to the pyramid I think it’s currently a case of wait and see.

Looking good for the short term future. Having a permanent ground sorted and being able to build with that base is definitely a huge positive for us.