A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Wondered if the opposition were Dunfermline, although they normally didn't have white shorts in that era.

Thanks, @HibeeJibee!

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Possibly East Fife?

Thanks everyone. Looking at the Historical Football Kits site Montrose wore that type of jersey in 1952/53 when they were in the C Division (North & East) so could it be a game against Leith Athletic or Dunfermline Athletic Reserves? East Fife Reserves and Berwick Rangers were also in this Division. If they wore it pre-WW2 then Leith Athletic or Dunfermline Athletic in old Division Two late 1930’s.

Thanks to everyone on this truly addictive topic, I caught COVID at the Ireland game and have spent the last 2 weeks reading my way through every page, you guys knowledge is outstanding (only on page 459 please don’t spoil the ending)

Just found pictures of my first ever match the Rous Cup 85, I was right next to the fence when the NF came over and when the NF fans trying to open the gate from the trackside only to have a massive cop with his cape flying behind him kick the gate shut and the tips off his fingers. As a young kid I wasn’t frightened and just mesmerising watching the chaos around me, as a dad who now takes my son every week I bet that wasn’t my dad’s thoughts.

8 hours ago, Eednud said:

Just read that John Duncan passed away yesterday. Here he is scoring the second and winning goal for Dundee at Tynecastle in December 1972.

John Duncan should have received Scotland caps: maybe his injury record worked against him, but on the evidence of his goals he deserved recognition. A clever striker rather than a battering ram as I recall, and a decent manager when his playing career was over.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Is that Dunfermline v Celtic?

Pretty sure it is. Was it not a game where Celtic won the title? Sure there is a story about a wall collapsing or such like, but not 100% sure.

EEP was and to be fair, still is, a cracking ground that deserves top flight football. The players in the pitch, not so much....

4 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Pretty sure it is. Was it not a game where Celtic won the title? Sure there is a story about a wall collapsing or such like, but not 100% sure.

EEP was and to be fair, still is, a cracking ground that deserves top flight football. The players in the pitch, not so much....

Celtic had won the League and the Pars had won the Cup, both the week previously I think? And yes there were a few injuries and one fan jumped over the wall but then felt bad and mailed a postal order for the price of a ticket in the days following. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Celtic had won the League and the Pars had won the Cup, both the week previously I think? And yes there were a few injuries and one fan jumped over the wall but then felt bad and mailed a postal order for the price of a ticket in the days following. 

Thanks to the Dons winning 3-2 at Ibrox the previous Saturday. (Rangers only league defeat of the season.) (Dunfermline were playing in the cup final.)

Rangers could have won the title if Celtic had lost 14-0.

In the week we've lost one of the last surviving stars from Hollywood's Golden Age (the studio system), I think it's fitting to reflect when Hollywood came to Scottish football.

None so remarkable as when Grace Kelly,then Princess Grace of Monaco,  arrived at Tannadice with her hubby, Prince Rainer on UEFA Cup business.

She would die in car crash less than a year later...

A2096-1981-09-30_02-Princess-Grace-and-Prince-Rainier-of-Monaco-CDCT_edited-1-e1475156288173-1024x616.thumb.jpg.d4494780da95e9afc80ac0a9112044c9.jpgA2096-1981-09-30-Princess-Grace-and-Prince-Rainier-of-Monaco-CDCT_edited-1-1024x858.thumb.jpg.1961f34e62b3b3a61bf0d75e6386b667.jpg

Edited by Bogbrush1903