A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

7 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Partick Thistle team group for 1971-72.

Partick Thistle team group for 1971-72..jpg

The reserve goalkeeper Ian Dick's wife worked beside my father and through him I got loads of autographs from numerous clubs in the late 60s when he was on our books.

Also is the Archie Lochrie at the back right the same guy who played for Arthurlie in the Junior Cup final in 1981.   If so he was a great player at that level. 

Edited by paul wright scores

7 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

1st May 1968; Paul Reaney covering the goal line against Dundee in the Fairs Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg, at Dens Park.

1st May 1968; Paul Reaney covering the goal line against Dundee in the Fairs Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg, at Dens Park..jpg

This picture is actually Bobby Wilson (first left) scoring the equaliser for Dundee after Paul Madeley had put Leeds ahead 10 minutes earlier.  Other Dees in the box are Sammy Wilson and Stevie Murray. Not sure about the farthest away Dee but could be Alex Kinninmonth who died recently. Leeds players are (I think) from left Terry Cooper, Johnny Giles, David Harvey in front of Reaney and Madeley. The Leeds player farthest away is Jimmy Greenhoff. 

I was standing at the opposite end and saw Ally Donaldson famously chin Jack Charlton when a corner came over early on. Dundee played well in both legs but unfortunately Eddie Gray scored the winning goal in the return at Elland Road.

9 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Match between Partick Thistle v Falkirk at Firhill is called off shortly before kick-off because of water logging on the pitch caused by melted snow

Match between Partick Thistle v Falkirk at Firhill is called off shortly before kick-off because of water logging on the pitch cause by melted snow.jpg

What is it with Thistle and trying to clear their pitch with one brush? They tried it again in late 1992 with trying to clear snow off the pitch in a match against Aberdeen, with the same result. Probably the same brush.

13 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

The reserve goalkeeper Ian Dick's wife worked beside my father and through him I got loads of autographs from numerous clubs in the late 60s when he was on our books.

Also is the Archie Lochrie at the back right the same guy who played for Arthurlie in the Junior Cup final in 1981.   If so he was a great player at that level. 

How bad would you have to be to be reserve to Alan Rough ? 

15 hours ago, kingjoey said:

What is it with Thistle and trying to clear their pitch with one brush? They tried it again in late 1992 with trying to clear snow off the pitch in a match against Aberdeen, with the same result. Probably the same brush.

triggers.jpeg.cb571b7185d6d6c4c67b2ebfbd7c275a.jpeg

On 11/09/2024 at 22:42, Piquet said:

Walter Smith

20240911_222008.jpg

Back in January 1971 Walter Smith was a reserve player at Tannadice. First game of January and the Dundee Utd reserve match is called off. Walter Smith was from Drumchapel in Glasgow and a Rangers fan. He attended the Ibrox Disaster game it was only luck that a friend and he left by another exit.

On 11/09/2024 at 16:38, Boghead ranter said:

🤔🤔🤔

What a team that was 💛

I remember that I loved the strip when I saw for the first time when you came up in 1984/85.

In fact, I loved it so much that I went downstairs in The Rubber Shop in Aberdeen and bought the Dumbarton Subbuteo team.