What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

A team arranging to arrive in a city an hour before kick off and allowing no leeway for any problems that could happen. SPFL to sanction Rangers for this?

Are you seriously advocating a sanction due to road closures following traffic accidents? I’m sure someone said the Tay bridge was even closed at one point.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Are you seriously advocating a sanction due to road closures following traffic accidents? I’m sure someone said the Tay bridge was even closed at one point.

Why did Rangers wait until the last minute to try to get into a city where they had told their fans their would be problems getting there? Get there at lunchtime.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Why did Rangers wait until the last minute to try to get into a city where they had told their fans their would be problems getting there? Get there at lunchtime.

Okay, wow. You were being serious.

I'm pretty sure they were lunching in Fife or somewhere, however the accident on the Fife side of the Tay road bridge held them up.

I don't see what the issue is here? We have all had traffic problems at some point and this was an accident over and above what they had planned for.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I'm pretty sure they were lunching in Fife or somewhere, however the accident on the Fife side of the Tay road bridge held them up.

I don't see what the issue is here? We have all had traffic problems at some point and this was an accident over and above what they had planned for.

You don't see any issue because you are being reasonable.

Those calling for sanctions because the team bus got caught up in traffic are not.

52 minutes ago, bennett said:

Why didn't Rangers hire a squadron of helicopters to lift the team and staff off the bridge and fly them to Dundee?

The SPFL must take action due to their negligence. 

Aye, I bet they can get a few for the poppy flypast when it suits them.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Why didn't Rangers hire a squadron of helicopters to lift the team and staff off the bridge and fly them to Dundee?

The SPFL must take action due to their negligence. 

Making light, pyro reference wedged in, of Rangers organisation for yesterday's match being a shambles. Again I have to say that the club knew there were traffic problems approaching Dundee and didn't heed their own advice. Very definition of tin-pot.

If you know there are traffic problems then you might set off a bit early, but that doesn't prevent you from still being delayed by further unforeseen issues such as an accident. We had a game at Tynecastle called off a few years ago after our team bus got stuck on the M8 because of an accident, these things happen.