What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Was this one.

He'd not long been done for gambling on games.

Recently passed away.

I was in the away end that night. A lot of hilarity watching that unfold on the big screens until Craig brown appeared. Think we got pumped too. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I was in the away end that night. A lot of hilarity watching that unfold on the big screens until Craig brown appeared. Think we got pumped too. 

Didn't realise they actually stream it live for the standard orcs too, what a strange fan base.

35 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hahahah no way they stream it on the big screens?

I refuse to believe even they would be that much of a riddy?

If they do, someone video it next time so we can all have a good laugh at how utterly detached from normality it is.

8 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

It all seems a bit “ masony” to me and there is defo something sinister about it. I wonder if they sell replicas in the club shop to cash in .

Massive missed opportunity if not. Guarantee literally hundreds of bigoted orc families would have it out, kitted out in their club or masonic regalia to toast whichever leeching monarch is on the throne at the time when the king's/queen's speech comes on the telly every Christmas time.

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Was this one.

He'd not long been done for gambling on games.

Recently passed away.

See to be honest, the shallowness of the tilt on them lifting that vase thing suggests that it’s either nearly full to the brim, or it’s fucking empty and the whole thing is a charade.

I wonder which it is.

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

See to be honest, the shallowness of the tilt on them lifting that vase thing suggests that it’s either nearly full to the brim, or it’s fucking empty and the whole thing is a charade.

I wonder which it is.

Inconsistent tilt levels between participants and not a single wee grimace at the taste of whisky. I'm with you. Like the reincarnation of their club, the whole thing here is a fucking sham.

27 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I wonder which it is.

That would be up there with the great Sevco water swindle. 

4 hours ago, Stevie Kirk said:

It all seems a bit “ masony” to me and there is defo something sinister about it. I wonder if they sell replicas in the club shop to cash in .

Putting aside any thoughts of tin-pottery for a moment, its origins have nothing to do with masonry nor could it be described as sinister.

It was a gift to the club after we participated in a benefit match to raise funds for the dependants of 30 miners who lost their lives in an accident in Sheffield.

7 hours ago, gannonball said:

Didn't realise they actually stream it live for the standard orcs too, what a strange fan base.

7 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Hahahah no way they stream it on the big screens?

I refuse to believe even they would be that much of a riddy?

If they do, someone video it next time so we can all have a good laugh at how utterly detached from normality it is.

Oh aye, what’s the point in making a completely meaningless toast to ‘the king’ if you can’t broadcast it to the idiots? 

In fairness, this is going back a few years (maybe 2016-ish) so don’t know if they still do. 

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Oh aye, what’s the point in making a completely meaningless toast to ‘the king’ if you can’t broadcast it to the idiots? 

In fairness, this is going back a few years (maybe 2016-ish) so don’t know if they still do. 

I think it takes place ahead of the match but aye, they still play the clip on the screens at half time.