What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

I know you are desperately trying to crowbar us as the same as them but really it was just one arsehole who was putting his own business interest ahead of the entire league  system and even dare say I his own club imo.

Spot on. They are horrible glory hunting, bigots who have affiliated themselves with one side in the Israel-Palestine and Irish conflicts whereas you are - ah, wait a minute.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

I know you are desperately trying to crowbar us as the same as them but really it was just one arsehole who was putting his own business interest ahead of the entire league  system and even dare say I his own club imo.

Celtic are a plc which gives individual board members a bit less leeway to drive their own agenda

Theoretically as the boards of Hearts, St Mirren and Motherwell are ultimately answerable to their fan-owners we could pressurise them into voting against something if there was sufficiently widespread and determined opposition to it

but personally I can’t be bothered 

On 07/05/2024 at 18:07, tamthebam said:

I find the higher up the ladder you go the shiter the food. 

For example

Jeanfield Swifts pies- £2.00. Lovely

Scotland match pies- £3.50. Shite. 

I have ranted about this before.

A ground with 50,000 selling 25,000 pies. If they buying 25,000 pies the discounts for economy of scale must make these incredibly cheap to buy.

I was at Elgin on Sat and a 2 pies & bovril was wasn't less than £7. About 1,000 folk there better quality of pie and they would have had to buy a lot less so would have cost them more.

Same at Banks O Dee, Cove and elsewhere I been recently.

Food at the bigger games is a rip off.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

In a couple of weeks the most tin-pot thing could well be this creation straight out of "MS Paint for Dummies":

East Kilbride F.C. - Wikipedia

What’s with the Bridget’s Cross?

Bit Celticy.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

In a couple of weeks the most tin-pot thing could well be this creation straight out of "MS Paint for Dummies":

East Kilbride F.C. - Wikipedia

31 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Would love to think they are known as the Oyster Catchers.

east-kilbride-mascot-olly-the-oystercatc

kVjwEC9O_400x400.jpg

50 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

You mean Bride/Brigid/Brigit's Cross.

Kilbride means St Bride's Church.

Explains that then. Have they put it on the right as it’s “to the east”?

That badge is a real triumph of primary 4 graphic design.

On 24/04/2024 at 08:51, kingjoey said:

I like Hampden, and I like going there to see Aberdeen and Scotland. Interesting on Saturday though getting our food pre match. Turnstiles opened at 11.00 and we were in about 11.30. Up to a not busy counter and asked for a hot dog, Hampden pies are shite, and a bovril. I could see the puzzlement on the girl's face. I said "bovril" three times and she eventually went away and came back with a wee Glaswegian lassie who showed her what a bovril was. Then she wandered about with the cup for about 30 seconds and came back to me. "No hot water. Will be 5 minutes." My friend was at the other end of the counter and when he asked a different person for his bovril she came back with a bottle of water. Obviously not a single second's training, and no hot water 30 minutes after gates open. Then the bloody screens went off after 10 minutes of the game for the remainder of the first half, so no idea how long had gone or was left. Not great. Apart from the game, which was magnificent. 

This is no doubt just my age showing but I absolutely hate going for food at the football because of how the service is operated. One person to take the money, one person to get the food and a few people just to watch these people. 

You would think someone would explain that at half time you need to speed up a bit to try and get everyone back as soon as possible.

Again it’s just my age and I’m not of these types who thinks football fans are “customers” but you just want them to go fast and at least have a rough knowledge of what’s happening around them. 

Shout out to Hibs for the slowest kiosk workers in the league.

7 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

A ground with 50,000 selling 25,000 pies. If they buying 25,000 pies the discounts for economy of scale must make these incredibly cheap to buy.

I was at Elgin on Sat and a 2 pies & bovril was wasn't less than £7. About 1,000 folk there better quality of pie and they would have had to buy a lot less so would have cost them more.

Agree with this. Better value for money and quality at Hurlford, for example, compared to almost every top flight team.

8 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Food at big games is a rip off, and it’s usually worse quality. 

The business model does change up the tiers tho, almost nobody does their own catering, for the clubs it’s purely on who will offer them the most money to do it instead and those willing to pay the highest money do so in the plan to take as much as they can from fans.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

This is no doubt just my age showing but I absolutely hate going for food at the football because of how the service is operated. One person to take the money, one person to get the food and a few people just to watch these people. 

You would think someone would explain that at half time you need to speed up a bit to try and get everyone back as soon as possible.

Again it’s just my age and I’m not of these types who thinks football fans are “customers” but you just want them to go fast and at least have a rough knowledge of what’s happening around them. 

Shout out to Hibs for the slowest kiosk workers in the league.

Kids as casual labour on minimum wage = poor organisation 

16 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

You mean Bride/Brigid/Brigit's Cross.

Kilbride means St Bride's Church.

And oystercatchers are associated with Brigit in Gaelic folklore.  Gaelic for oystercatcher is gille-Brìde (servant of Brigit). 

Every day is a school day.

and a priori means "what went before" as there was a short lived East Kilbride FC in the 1870s. 

Unpopular opinions thread for this pish but I quite like the badge. 

44 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

and a priori means "what went before" as there was a short lived East Kilbride FC in the 1870s. 

The  ingredients are good

It wouldn’t take too much tweaking to take it out of the tin pot category and the start of a new era would be the ideal time to do it

43 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Its got all the right things, just not necessarily in the right places.

Morecambe and Wise – Greig's Piano Concerto | Radio Errols Annex