What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Utter, utter, utter shitebags.

Grovelling, bootlicking cowards. Worse, subservient to bigots, and are now bigot apologists (although they've been that 'unofficially' for a while).

48 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Can anybody even remember what that row was about?

Chris McLaughlin correctly reported Rangers* fans were singing bigoted songs.

This upset the world's most Tiny TearsTM club/company, who banned him from attending Ibrox. The BBC correctly stood up for him in not sending anybody else, but have completely bent over here.

Despicable actions from a despicable organisation.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Chris McLaughlin correctly reported Rangers* fans were singing bigoted songs.

This upset the world's most Tiny TearsTM club/company, who banned him from attending Ibrox. The BBC correctly stood up for him in not sending anybody else, but have completely bent over here.

Despicable actions from a despicable organisation.

Admitting that there have been occasions where editorial standards haven't met seems suitably vague. 

It's not quite as trite as "I'm sorry that you feel this way" but it does seem like throwing out the 'bare minimum' needed in order to get this nonsense over and done with

They've not actually apologised for any individual event

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Admitting that there have been occasions where editorial standards haven't met seems suitably vague. 

It's not quite as trite as "I'm sorry that you feel this way" but it does seem like throwing out the 'bare minimum' needed in order to get this nonsense over and done with

It's vague, but it ultimately says 'we didn't do our job properly', when the truth is they just reported facts.

It's an absolute disgrace.

Imagine your employer publicly - and incorrectly - implying you'd been unprofessional or incompetent just to placate an unreasonable client or partner? I'd quit my job on the spot.

Edited by VincentGuerin

42 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

They've apologised for multiple incidents. 

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

They've apologised for multiple incidents. 

I wonder if Rangers FC will now apologies for the behaviour of their fans that cause the initial dispute, or their inability to guarantee the safety of broadcasters because they are affiliated with Celtic?

Both parties have embarrassed themselves massively here. Rangers were petulant and petty throughout, while BBC have debased themselves with this grovelling climbdown. The BBC could have avoided this by nipping it in the bud early and properly dealing with the entirely unprofessional behaviour of Jim Spence and his childish social media routine all that time ago, I genuinely think that was one of the main driving forces behind this. You can maybe slightly add Michael Stewart in there too, though I'd say that most of the outrage about him has been whipped up by the Rangers "fan media" that act as puppets for the club. The other BBC staff "involved" in this have basically acted professionally and have just been doing their jobs, I can't imagine them being too happy about being apologised for.

If the BBC felt the need to apologise, they should have done it Viz magazine/ US politician 'non apology' style, i.e.

"The BBC apologises for accurately highlighting the facts regarding the now defunct football club's long-term financial doping, association with, and propensity for being totally taken in by obvious charlatans at Board level, long standing history of, and still ongoing revelry in sectarian bigotry, their hilarious persecution complex that sees them simultaneously claim to be hard-done-by at every opportunity AND constantly bore everyone to tears with their trophy-wanking despite the obvious, irreconcilable contradiction therein, and covering the idiotic behaviour of certain personalities linked to the now defunct club when they acted like infants, threw massive toddler tantrums, made various 'demands' regarding deeds, 'people', and embarked on pointless marches that served no purpose other than to display what a bunch of seething, delusional but ultimately impotent morons they were. We'd also like to apologise for accurately reporting that the 'club' was not 'relegated', but ceased to exist and therefore was expunged from the league structure altogether, only for the new entity to be afforded special privileges for no good reason, and admitted to the league structure despite ignoring all convention and this being completely contrary to the existing ruleset.  Again, the BBC apologises unreservedly for its accurate and factual reporting throughout this lengthy farce"