What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Shoehorning another - definitely not trying too hard - reference to ‘55’ in a protest over presumably what amounts to not spending enough cash 

Its hilarious how insecure they are 😂

Fully expect a club statement in reply to reference the 55 titles and talk about "still being the most successful club in the world".

48 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

From todays Highland League Cup semi between Buckie & Banks O'Dee

image.png.4d63f7ea03d36666d1cc9f22c3985879.png

This happens periodically despite refs having all the vital info a click away on SFA system (plus the rulebook if they fancy).

Go back 10 years a ref took an Alex Jack Cup tie between Gretna 2008 and Uni of Stirling straight to penalties, hosts won, unsurprisingly tie was ordered replayed, visitors won replay.

Few years on a ref took a Junior Cup tie (who don't play ET) between then juniors Bo'ness Utd and Blantyre Vics IIRC into ET. As it began to get dark he abandoned play and did a shootout in the gloom. Vics win controversially allowed to stand.

On 01/03/2023 at 20:26, Mark Connolly said:

How does "appointing the recently sacked manager of the only team in the league with a worse defensive record than your own basement dwellers" sound?

Dundee United, you've just been Cormacked.

Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack outlines his vision for the future of ...

8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That would be a conspiracy theory if it's proven it ceases to be a theory but remains a conspiracy.

Hope that helps

`yeah you got him there. However I have no moral high ground on this using the term "calendar year" incorrectly in another thread. In my defence I was functioning on fumes.

image.png.e4aeb5d5142341d000467746f95006a5.png

image.png.44435e19f0530ffa73954d38e9fec5df.png

image.png.e8258dcb10e1a72e117dac583aad456a.png

image.png.1181f489a52994ab77bfc0df85160c78.png

Buckie manager taking losing to some pesky ex-juniors well

Banks O' Dee defeated ten-man Buckie Thistle in the League Cup semis on Saturday - and Jags boss Graeme Stewart wasn't happy.

The Aberdeen side won on penalties following a 1-1 draw at Victoria Park, with Buckie playing three-quarters of the match a man short following Joe McCabe's dismissal.

Stewart questioned the red card decision, bemoaned his team's missed opportunities on the day and took issue with the antics of the winning team during and after their win.

Jags will appeal McCabe's sending off, with Stewart saying video evidence shows his player did not make contact with his opponent when making a tackle.

Despite losing the defender midway through the first half, Buckie took the lead direct from Andy MacAskill's 40th minute corner, reward for their first half pressure according to Stewart.

On-loan Elgin City winger Chris Antoniazzi levelled early in the second half with Stewart pinpointing eight errors made by Buckie players in the build-up to the goal.

Dee also celebrated Buckie missing penalties in the shoot-out, with Stewart saying the Aberdeen side also played a big role in McCabe's sending off.

"We were absolutely battering them, before we got that silly sending off," Stewart said.

"It wasn't a sending off but Joe probably needs to learn from it. He's not touched their boy, he went over the top of his foot but he gives the referee a decision to make in real time and the red card comes out.

"I have watched it back and there's no contact so we will be appealing the decision.

"I think Banks O' Dee let themselves down a wee bit. I could see there was a junior mentality.

"With the sending off, their whole team ran to the referee and I think they had about 20 coaches on their bench and they all jumped up and shouted for the red card.

"It was a bit embarrassing. They celebrated when we missed a penalty, which is something I tell our players never to do.

"That was disappointing, and after the game in the changing room it was like they had won the cup with the music blaring. Let's just say it's something I will make sure that my boys never do.

The teams meet again at Dee's Spain Park on Highland League business with Buckie gunning for revenge.

"It's all about the league for us now and fingers crossed we can get back to winning ways when we play them next week.

"Trust me, our dressing room will be a quiet one if we do. We never celebrate in that way.

"There's a lot of ex-junior players in that (Banks O' Dee) team and there's no doubt they have Highland League ability, but they maybe have a bit to learn on how to handle these situations."