What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

53 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

If you're happy with substandard uncompetitive drivel masquerading as a 'top flight football league' then good for you and so glad you've a smile on your face. But personally I find the passive acceptance of this shite far more boring. 

Only in Scotland eh

56 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

If you're happy with substandard uncompetitive drivel masquerading as a 'top flight football league' then good for you and so glad you've a smile on your face. But personally I find the passive acceptance of this shite far more boring. 

Aye, if we all just post angrily about it on the internet, I’m sure the old firm dominance of Scottish football will end soon enough. 

Just noticed that the tables at St Mirren’s PoTY do at the Normandy Hotel were decorated with balloons that had ‘Top 6’ printed on them. That’s a wee bit cringe-worthy-tinpot-oofftt-was-that-really-necessary. Mind you, nowhere near as cringeworthy as pissed-up ‘old firm’ fans trying to out-do each other in the alcohol-fuelled ‘let’s use our five millionth trophy win as an excuse to make it look like we own Glasgow, can wreck much of it, and act like an untouchable mob of kunts’ stakes.

Edited by pozbaird

16 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Sadly the league table sums up just how tin pot this league is.

3rd place loses almost 5 times as many games as 2nd place and the best of the rest can't even make it into plus goals.

tinpot.JPG

Servette qualified for the champions league this season as runners up in the Swiss Super league drawing more games than they won and coming second with a goal difference of only +5

54 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Is there trophies for the play off winners up here? 

No, it's only Farmers Leagues like that tinpot organisation down south that does that. And then had to give out trophies for the second placed finishers because they weren't getting something whereas the other 2 promoted sides did.

On 30/05/2023 at 12:27, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Is there trophies for the play off winners up here? 

Better no be, we didn't get any.

Imagine if there was though, and the 2nd worst team in the Premiership won the play off final and got presented with a trophy. Could call it 'The being shite all season but winner of a 2 match play off Trophy.'

They've found him.

Paul McGowan Dundee Football Club can now confirm, having spoken to the player in question, that Paul McGowan will be leaving the club upon the end of his current contract this summer. Read a special tribute to Paul on the website

20 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Better no be, we didn't get any.

Imagine if there was though, and the 2nd worst team in the Premiership won the play off final and got presented with a trophy. Could call it 'The being shite all season but winner of a 2 match play off Trophy.'

The play-off winners get to celebrate in front of a board, which for the Premiership side is fairly tin-pot even without a trophy.

1_12118108.jpg

_96934829_acc.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000493097702.jpg?crop=1080px

I can't seem to find one for Motherwell in 2014/15 (maybe there wasn't the usual post-match stuff because of the aftermath?), nor St Johnstone in 2021/22 (maybe they realised last season how tin-pot it is?). 

On 09/05/2023 at 10:52, coprolite said:

Every single manager in the poll for "xxxxxx's next permanent manager" would have won the league with Celtic this year. Except John Hughes. 

If you'd told me 10 years ago John Hughes and then Billy Dodds would both take my club to the Scottish Cup Final I'd have laughed in your face. 

I'm still not 100% sure it's not some sick dream tbh.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

The play-off winners get to celebrate in front of a board, which for the Premiership side is fairly tin-pot even without a trophy.

1_12118108.jpg

_96934829_acc.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000493097702.jpg?crop=1080px

I can't seem to find one for Motherwell in 2014/15 (maybe there wasn't the usual post-match stuff because of the aftermath?), nor St Johnstone in 2021/22 (maybe they realised last season how tin-pot it is?). 

There certainly was no board last season. At full time the players did a lap of the pitch and left.