What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

10 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

There certainly was no board last season. At full time the players did a lap of the pitch and left.

And Callum hid behind them taking the applause. That was almost as bad as him disappearing at Kelty while his players had to walk through the irate fans.

I'm fucking fuming typing that, I need to get the daft c**t out of my head!!

1 hour ago, The Master said:

I can't seem to find one for Motherwell in 2014/15 (maybe there wasn't the usual post-match stuff because of the aftermath?)

Aye we saw them bring the board out and decided to have a tear up. 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

The play-off winners get to celebrate in front of a board, which for the Premiership side is fairly tin-pot even without a trophy.

1_12118108.jpg

_96934829_acc.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000493097702.jpg?crop=1080px

I can't seem to find one for Motherwell in 2014/15 (maybe there wasn't the usual post-match stuff because of the aftermath?), nor St Johnstone in 2021/22 (maybe they realised last season how tin-pot it is?). 

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

There certainly was no board last season. At full time the players did a lap of the pitch and left.

Aye for the Premiership team it should be more a sense of relief that they weren't relegated, than celebrating staying up with a board having play off winners written on it. That's just cringe.

Fair enough for the Championship team celebrating promotion though.

The celebration police out in force again. Winning the play-off is massively important for the club and fans and players should be going daft about it. The boards I can take or leave in general, they're just a sponsorship thing.

Maybe just me but I like to think I would be able to distinguish between relief and celebration if I was a supporter of a Premiership team staying up.

The boards were there because they had them in England so the sheep had to do the same.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye for the Premiership team it should be more a sense of relief that they weren't relegated, than celebrating staying up with a board having play off winners written on it. That's just cringe.

Fair enough for the Championship team celebrating promotion though.

Why wouldn't the Premiership team celebrate?

If, as with many, relegation had a detremental effect on your contract or take home pay, you'd celebrate if staying up secured your immediate future.

10 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

If, as with many, relegation had a detremental effect on your contract or take home pay, you'd celebrate if staying up secured your immediate future.

Nothing wrong with celebrating, every team who avoids relegation on the last day would do it. The boards coming out for a faux trophy presentation is what makes it a minter.

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Nah, it pretty much says 'I've been fucking abject all season long', so you really have nothing to celebrate. Should be a case of slink off the pitch grateful you still have a job,  embarrassed about the fact the Premiership being run like a cartel meant you got a second crack of the whip rather than just being straight relegated like in any normal league.

'Celebrating' being utterly shite at your job, and the fact the SPFL makes it as difficult as humanly possible for there to be any material consequences for your ineptitude? 

It's a 'breath a sigh of relief' situation, not any sort of 'triumph'.

On 30/05/2023 at 12:27, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Is there trophies for the play of winners up here? 

Think Motherwell were awarded it omnis tempus after battering the tribute act.

Completely agree with Boo here re the “surviving” club celebrating. Wipe the sweat off the brow and f**k off into the changing rooms pronto. You’ve been caught with your knickers down but managed to whip them up again before getting pumped.  

Fans celebrating it also are weirdos.

Who gives a f**k what other countries do ffs. 😂

As I fan, when the goals go in, and the final whistle goes, of course aye you're going to celebrate beating the drop, because its football and you are there to back the team and get wrapped up in it. But that's as far as it goes. Certainly wouldn't want to see a lap of honour or champagne corks from the people who's season of failure led you there. 

Go and get to work on ensuring it doesn't happen again. 

When Edinburgh City won the playoff to go into the Scottish League we nicked the board and it had pride of place in the Social Club.

I think I passed the unused "East Stirlingshire play off winners" board at the time. Maybe I should have nicked that as well 

14 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The FA Cup final is going to have 1 hour 45 minutes of buildup on BBC One Scotland. The Scottish Cup final is getting half an hour.

Am I the only person who doesn't watch build ups and switches over just before the game starts. 

1.45 hours would have me snoring. 

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

When Edinburgh City won the playoff to go into the Scottish League

The second leg game was the worst game of football I have ever witnessed.

The highlight, away from hoofball and head tennis was when a near standing ovation was given when 3 passes in a row on the deck were made by the home team.