What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

On 04/06/2023 at 20:25, Shotgun said:

Every summer holiday I vowed that this year, I was going to watch every episode of Robinson Crusoe. The whole thing, all the way through. That usually lasted about 3 episodes. After that I was out all day every day building dens, exploring rock pools etc, not stuck in front of screens like today's kids.*

Actually I wasn't but I'm pretty sure I spent more time outside than I do today.

I was reminded by a friend that Robinson Crusoe started at the end of the Scottish holidays and the beginning of the English holidays and I couldn't have possibly have seen it all.

I reminded him that when he went back to school that summer, I was on the dole for two months.

Trivia alert.

The TV series was filmed at Playa Ingles on Gran Canaria.

37 minutes ago, AJF said:

Which bears any relevance to my post how?

I think they are insinuating that any pointing and laughing from one side of the divide that the other is fragile or easily offended, falls on deaf ears as both sides take the hump as soon as anyone says something remotely touchy to them.

18 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I think they are insinuating that any pointing and laughing from one side of the divide that the other is fragile or easily offended, falls on deaf ears as both sides take the hump as soon as anyone says something remotely touchy to them.

I think from memory pre 2012, Rangers fans had a case for saying Celtic fans were the paranoid, touchy ones that didn't like getting slagged off. 

But as the old saying goes, "these things tend to even themselves out over an 11 years and counting, side splittingly hilarious liquidation"

25 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I get that, but why can't it just be a case of we can laugh at one side when they get fragile or easily offended and then laugh at the other side when they get fragile or easily offended?

It's like not celebrating a goal because the opposition has the chance to score one back. Just live in the moment, man.

26 minutes ago, AJF said:

I get that, but why can't it just be a case of we can laugh at one side when they get fragile or easily offended and then laugh at the other side when they get fragile or easily offended?

It's like not celebrating a goal because the opposition has the chance to score one back. Just live in the moment, man.

One thing I have noticed about on here is for all the claims against whataboutery, they absolutely love to use it.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Who's "they"?

I don’t like therm diddy as find it a bit cringe but thats who I mean in this case. Somehow people think they have moral high ground purely over who they support but really they aren’t really much different to those they claim to have issue with. 

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I don’t like therm diddy as find it a bit cringe but thats who I mean in this case. Somehow people think they have morale high ground purely over who they support but really they aren’t really much different to those they claim to have issue with. 

I think most Arse Cheek fans with a brain in their head (and I include you in that, FWIW as a somewhat backhanded compliment) would have to concede that as a collective fanbase, the moral high ground just isn't for you. 

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I don’t like therm diddy as find it a bit cringe but thats who I mean in this case. Somehow people think they have morale high ground purely over who they support but really they aren’t really much different to those they claim to have issue with. 

I think you mean "moral" high ground not "morale" high ground but it's difficult to be sure what's going on here

10 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

It took you lot 10 years to let the BBC back in ......

It took the BBC 10 years to apologise and cover our games. 

"The BBC is committed to reporting the Scottish Premiership fully and fairly across all clubs. However it recognises that the club has genuine concerns about the accuracy and balance of some coverage.

"The BBC acknowledges that there have been occasions when parts of the coverage of Rangers FC have not met its editorial standards. It has apologised for those instances and is happy to repeat these apologies now

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think you mean "moral" high ground not "morale" high ground but it's difficult to be sure what's going on here

If you're into finding typos, my posts should keep you busy.