What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

4 hours ago, jagfox said:

Falkirk - sponsor a square of their new pitch 

20230614_182658.thumb.jpg.2acbdfb43c1113632544f97406dddb10.jpg

Might see some better games at least...

20230614_182638.thumb.jpg.25f1e46cb9ded61cc3b8efcca6823da1.jpg

having chucked a couple of grand at Foundation of Hearts entitles me to apply for honorary “ownership” of a bit of the pitch at Tynecastle

I’ve not bothered applying because it seems a bit silly

but good luck to the people that do

On 13/06/2023 at 08:46, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Do Livingston still hold the copyright on “Meadowbank Thistle”

George Gaworska had bought the rights (I think Massone flogged them)  but he's passed on.

4 hours ago, jagfox said:

Falkirk - sponsor a square of their new pitch 

20230614_182658.thumb.jpg.2acbdfb43c1113632544f97406dddb10.jpg

Might see some better games at least...

20230614_182638.thumb.jpg.25f1e46cb9ded61cc3b8efcca6823da1.jpg

I was going to say that's Falkirk's defence last season but then I realised battleships turn faster

42 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The world's thinnest skinned, prettiest, juvenile, arrogant, moronic and childish clubs has put a(nother) tear soaked tantrum of a statement and withdrawn their B team from the Lowland League.

You've narrowed it down to two, neither could be described as pretty.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The world's thinnest skinned, pettiest, juvenile, arrogant, moronic and childish clubs has put a(nother) tear soaked tantrum of a statement and withdrawn their B team from the Lowland League.

Amazingly Sevco.

Big fan of the quote:

"...there is no suitable, governing body led development structure for players between 18 and 21 in Scotland".

Except of course for the ability to develop players capable of playing for the first team at that age, the loan market or the general way things have been for the past 100+ years.

Siding Maxwell alongside their tear stained pish should be a sackable offence im itself.

Edited by Jacky1990

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The world's thinnest skinned, pettiest, juvenile, arrogant, moronic and childish clubs has put a(nother) tear soaked tantrum of a statement and withdrawn their B team from the Lowland League.

That's actually good.

Despite personally being against the idea of B Teams and a Conference League, I actually thought the Rangers statement was quite measured and rather complimentary to the Lowland League while reaffirming the club stance on the matter.

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

Despite personally being against the idea of B Teams and a Conference League, I actually thought the Rangers statement was quite measured and rather complimentary to the Lowland League while reaffirming the club stance on the matter.

Nah, it strikes more of a thin and insincere veil to hide their fucking huge petted lip and outrage that they didn't get their own way.

They trumpeted their arrival as a great thing for all the teams at that level and promised a cash injection along with increased interest and gate money due to their presence. I've genuinely no idea how that panned out as I've paid no real attention, but having whinged and wheedled their way in, they've now suddenly dropped it after only 2 seasons and left the league to reshuffle their numbers at short notice due to their arrogant and selfish withdrawal.

The league should have put conditions and sanctions in place to cover these eventualities when they first allowed them in, e.g. a seasons notice of intent to quit or else a financial penalty imposed. The self serving nature of the clubs involved meant this could always have happened and I wouldn't be surprised if the others soon follow suit.

35 minutes ago, AJF said:

Maybe because you became accustomed to Jim traynor. It’s not on that level, but the message is clear. 

13 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Nah, it strikes more of a thin and insincere veil to hide their fucking huge petted lip and outrage that they didn't get their own way.

They trumpeted their arrival as a great thing for all the teams at that level and promised a cash injection along with increased interest and gate money due to their presence. I've genuinely no idea how that panned out as I've paid no real attention, but having whinged and wheedled their way in, they've now suddenly dropped it after only 2 seasons and left the league to reshuffle their numbers at short notice due to their arrogant and selfish withdrawal.

The league should have put conditions and sanctions in place to cover these eventualities when they first allowed them in, e.g. a seasons notice of intent to quit or else a financial penalty imposed. The self serving nature of the clubs involved meant this could always have happened and I wouldn't be surprised if the others soon follow suit.

I'm not really doubting the reasons for pulling out are as you mention, I just disagreed that it was the tear-stained mess folk are making it out to be. The self serving nature that you mention is precisely what motivates this decision and they've communicated that quite clearly - they've not attempted to hide that the decision is being made with our own interests as one of the main factors.

Each club will act in their own interest and Rangers clearly feel without a Conference League in place, continuing their own programme of development is better suited than the Lowland League. Our Academy Director has also just left his position at the club so I assume there is a different opinion now on how we proceed with youth development.

In terms of the league having to reshuffle at short notice and financial sanctions, I'd imagine a league of 18 is now much more simple to organise than what was a league of 19.

It also gives a lot of Scottish football fans what they want (myself included) - no Rangers B team in a competitive Scottish League.

Edited by AJF

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm not really doubting the reasons for pulling out are as you mention, I just disagreed that it was the tear-stained mess folk are making it out to be. The self serving nature that you mention is precisely what motivates this decision and they've communicated that quite clearly - they've not attempted to hide that the decision is being made with our own interests as one of the main factors.

Each club will act in their own interest and Rangers clearly feel without a Conference League in place, continuing their own programme of development is better suited than the Lowland League. Our Academy Director has also just left his position at the club so I assume there is a different opinion now on how we proceed with youth development.

In terms of the league having to reshuffle at short notice and financial sanctions, I'd imagine a league of 18 is now much more simple to organise than what was a league of 19.

It also gives a lot of Scottish football fans what they want (myself included) - no Rangers B team in a competitive Scottish League.

Aye, my response wasn't a dig a yourself, but the club. We both agree on lots of the points here, the sudden short notice withdrawal is just such a dicky, selfish move. More fool the leagues for not foreseeing the potential for such behaviour and allowing them in in the first place. Rangers' actions here could backfire and influence votes against them in any future reorganisation attempts (hopefully).

1 hour ago, AJF said:

They promised Lowland League clubs a guaranteed £40k a year for as long as they agreed with Rangers policies, and then pulled out in a huff leaving these clubs with a huge unexpected shortfall in income just a month before their season begins, but at least they said some nice things.

The statement is just a total puff piece to try and get Rangers fans into the "it was only voted against because we wanted it" mindframe that no doubt will appear everywhere alongside claims Rangers games are more important than anyone elses so its unrealistic to expect them to play young Scots in the top flight.

Edited by RandomGuy.