What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think most Arse Cheek fans with a brain in their head (and I include you in that, FWIW as a somewhat backhanded compliment) would have to concede that as a collective fanbase, the moral high ground just isn't for you. 

Im not pretending there aren’t wanks in our support but some people seem to genuinely believe they are a better person purely based on the team they do (or don’t )support but quickly unravel themselves by being not massively different to  the traits of the stereotypical ‘old firm’ fans. 

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think you mean "moral" high ground not "morale" high ground but it's difficult to be sure what's going on here

Typo but other than that its quite obvious surely at what Im getting at here.

I feel like we're heading towards a bit of a rabbit-hole after I posted a video I thought was mildly amusing. I forgot any fan of Rangers or Celtic cannot possibly poke fun at the other without being told we shouldn't because we're just as bad.

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

I can't be arsed checking but if this isn't an actual word combining the two, it bloody well should be.

It’s actually a unit of energy, I obviously meant an energetic diddy and it definitely wasn't another typo from finding my old ipad this morning and making an arse of the keyboard.

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

some people seem to genuinely believe they are a better person purely based on the team they do (or don’t )support

It's probably truer to describe them as believing that you are a worse person purely based on the team you support

The way you phrase it makes it sound arrogant

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Old firm fans responding to accusations of being overly sensitive and whataboutery with a fresh dose of sensitivity and whataboutery, but this time United as one. 

Sad. 

Very selective here, considering the whataboutery did not come from "Old firm fans" in this instance.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I think from memory pre 2012, Rangers fans had a case for saying Celtic fans were the paranoid, touchy ones that didn't like getting slagged off. 

This is defo true. It's amazing how quickly the cream buns picked up the parnoid, "what about them?" routine.

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

Very selective here, considering the whataboutery did not come from "Old firm fans" in this instance.

Also a bit strange to be accused of being sensitive  given I was sticking up for the person slagging off my team :lol:

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Which bears any relevance to my post how?

A media (term used loosely) organisation backtracking on an editorial decision to appease foaming mouthed OF fans, that work for you?

I mean to post it for some short term warm and fuzzy feeling of one upmanship while ignoring the irony of it or even citing your 10 year pout with a degree of self awareness.

As for the BBC thing, everyone else in Scottish football knows that was a cuckolded statement to appease the masses, nobody other than you think they actually meant it. It was all about getting back into Ibrox and not having Thommo saying "after the game, Steven Gerrard said ........." in perpetuity.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

I don’t like therm diddy as find it a bit cringe but thats who I mean in this case. Somehow people think they have moral high ground purely over who they support but really they aren’t really much different to those they claim to have issue with. 

Your average "diddy" definitely has the moral high ground over your average OF fan for the simple reason they don't go to the football to be a spewing bigot every week.

That said every club has their arseholes, just seems to be a disproportionately high number that follow the OF.

We have a winner:

Steven Naismith has been named Heart of Midlothian's technical director because his lack of Uefa Pro Licence means he cannot be appointed manager.

The 36-year-old cannot begin to obtain the licence until next year, so Frank McAvoy has been named head coach.

7 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

We have a winner:

Steven Naismith has been named Heart of Midlothian's technical director because his lack of Uefa Pro Licence means he cannot be appointed manager.

The 36-year-old cannot begin to obtain the licence until next year, so Frank McAvoy has been named head coach.

del bosque soccer GIF by Fusion

I'm sure similar things have happened in the past.  I have a memory of David Platt taking over as manager of a team in Serie A but he had to officially be the assistant or something like that because he didn't have a pro license.  This would be back in the 1990s or early 2000s.