What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dunno, but we've claimed it as part of our history, transitioning from Ferranti Thistle-Meadowbank Thistle-Livingston.

The thistle badge theme is still there too.

image.png.5f524bdb4c5656734eeecd6d53314eaf.png

Livingston 1974, that's Rangers level delusion.

6 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

There's mention of it in the 12th Century but it was officially designated in 1962

Is that like when people claim there's been mention of Rangers since the 1870's, but they were only officially designated in 2012?

19 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Is this like the agricultural shows where you buy a square and a cow shit determines the winner?

Looks like it. Or one of the original football commentaries where they would say what square the action was happening in, and you could refer to your grid.

47 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Looks like it. Or one of the original football commentaries where they would say what square the action was happening in, and you could refer to your grid.

Much safer than a square of your patch, what with all the broken glass 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Much safer than a square of your patch, what with all the broken glass 

Motherwell's has got a selection of used needles decorating it, so small mercies.

In all seriousness, in what possible way is this tinpot? Club raises a few quid in harmless manner, fans feel a tiny bit of ownership of the stadium, everyone's a winner. Some of you guys really need to get your hole.

I actually got sent a Fife version with Wighton's napper in the six yard box, which was almost amusing.

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Motherwell's has got a selection of used needles decorating it, so small mercies.

In all seriousness, in what possible way is this tinpot? Club raises a few quid in harmless manner, fans feel a tiny bit of ownership of the stadium, everyone's a winner. Some of you guys really need to get your hole.

I actually got sent a Fife version with Wighton's napper in the six yard box, which was almost amusing.

Aye, if this was Dunfermline or any other club doing it you'd be calling it a "great idea".  Would you f**k.  

It's okay, you don't have to defend your club at every turn.  

1 minute ago, Antiochas III said:

Aye, if this was Dunfermline or any other club doing it you'd be calling it a "great idea".  Would you f**k.  

It's okay, you don't have to defend your club at every turn.  

Looking for anywhere I said it was a great idea... nope, zero results.

It's perfectly harmless. Move on.

The world's thinnest skinned, pettiest, juvenile, arrogant, moronic and childish clubs has put a(nother) tear soaked tantrum of a statement and withdrawn their B team from the Lowland League.

Edited by DA Baracus

On 12/06/2023 at 22:18, BTFD said:

I like how they're just an unnamed SPFL club in the headline, presumably in case the Sun's audience had no idea what an Edinburgh City was.

Bit of a disappointment they're not taking back the Meadowbank Thistle name, but hopefully they can avoid being killed and the corpse put on display in a random new town.

If I was involved with Edinburgh I’d be avoiding at all costs any reference to medowbank, it’s by far a bigger embarrassment than their current horrific name.

On 13/06/2023 at 18:22, Sergeant Wilson said:

Livingston 1974, that's Rangers level delusion.

Aye. At least Airdrie don't claim they were formed in 1965.

I've just had a look on the Livingston website (I feel dirty). Is there a tribute to Thistle legend Adrian Sprott? Is there foxtrot