What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

8 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Ah, sorry as a Morton fan this must need some explaining.

When teams have away fans and win, the fans celebrate and sing songs and just generally have a good time.

Must be an alienating concept to fans of some clubs, I do admit.

I'm familiar with the concept.

Just, when we do it, we don't sound like out of breath versions of the seagulls from Finding Nemo. Perhaps that difference is the source of confusion :)

I mean, the Hooligans shite is tragic enough, but 'Active Service Unit'? Why does absolutely everything these loathsome wee fuds do need to have a hint of, or nod to their paramilitary worshipping shite? Fucking tragic, however it looks like the Feyenoord lads kicked their cnuts in, so that's nice.

Screenshot_20230919_141039_X.thumb.jpg.cde9900b54091ce9faded9ac68c90380.jpg

On 17/09/2023 at 15:11, gannonball said:

A bit of a tangent but often governments have to do step in and make a decision that isn't targeting the real culprit but it's still ultimately the right decision. For instance people think parents should always be providing healthy nourishing meals for their kids but many don't hence why free school meals have to be provided. They aren't targeting the source of the issue but it still needs to done for the greater good.

Further tangent but free school meals are provided to kids whose parents would struggle even further financially if they had to pay for their bairn's lunch.

It's not because parents are neglecting their children and just deciding not to provide them with lunch. 

No doubt there are the very occasional families to whom this would apply, but the example of dinner ticket weans is, at best, a clumsy analogy.

9 minutes ago, velo army said:

Further tangent but free school meals are provided to kids whose parents would struggle even further financially if they had to pay for their bairn's lunch.

It's not because parents are neglecting their children and just deciding not to provide them with lunch. 

No doubt there are the very occasional families to whom this would apply, but the example of dinner ticket weans is, at best, a clumsy analogy.

Sorry but even parents who earn enough  can be found to not  provide the right type of meal which studies showed can hinder brain development especially at a young age. This is why I'm for blanket free school meals and the Scottish government is looking to roll this out further. My initial analogy was to (loosely) relate it to another point tbh.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Sorry but even parents who earn enough  can be found to not  provide the right type of meal which studies showed can hinder brain development especially at a young age. This is why I'm for blanket free school meals and the Scottish government is looking to roll this out further. My initial analogy was to (loosely) relate it to another point tbh.

Aye fair enough, I went a bit two footed as I thought you were just talking about existing dinner ticket weans rather than the suggestion of blanket free school meals. Cheers for clarifying.

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Ross County v Aberdeen cup quarter final.

No VAR (apparently County don’t want to pay their half).  
No live TV.  
No PPV option from Ross County.

Backward thinking & pathetic. 

If there's no VAR, it's the same for both sides. Seems fair enough to me.

You think tv companies are going to bother their arse coming to Dingwall if they don't have to?

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

No live TV.  

At least fans can celebrate any goals without waiting for it to be chalked off three minutes later.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

At least fans can celebrate any goals without waiting for it to be chalked off three minutes later.

Yeah it has been refreshing playing these cup games without VAR, knowing whatever decision is or isn't being given will stand, and that's it done with for the duration of the game. Back to VAR tomorrow playing at Ibrox though, we'll be sure to get a penalty or 2 awarded against The Rangers.

37 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah it has been refreshing playing these cup games without VAR, knowing whatever decision is or isn't being given will stand, and that's it done with for the duration of the game. Back to VAR tomorrow playing at Ibrox though, we'll be sure to get a penalty or 2 awarded against The Rangers.

At the Ross County match on Sunday I certainly celebrated every goal as they went in, but then as the teams are lining up for the restart I couldn't really believe we'd scored until the whistle is blown to kick off.

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

No live TV.  

RedTV International will have a live, single camera feed for the game. 

I assume viaplay have exclusivity and clubs don’t have the option of PPV like we do with sky. 

You won’t find me complaining about a lack of VAR but it does make a mockery of suggesting VAR is all about fair play and quality of officiating if clubs can choose not to use it in certain games because they can’t be arsed paying.