What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 minute ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

The “but the courts SAY it’s sectarian, so it must be!” Crowd will be in shambles at this.

They will be demanding it goes to European Court of Human rights or something now.

Amusing really. 

Big question is, when will forums stop censoring "that" word? 🤔

18 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

They will be demanding it goes to European Court of Human rights or something now.

Amusing really. 

Probably never, as a large contingent of Sevco fans simply pretend it’s sectarian and mods would probably get bogged down by them reporting and bleating about every comment.

I very much see it as a tactic to engage in whataboutery and divert attention from their own fanbases liberal use of sectarian slurs, as it conveniently makes all sides as bad as each other.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Will a Welsh team in the Challenge Cup Final count for this?

As it stands, we may have to hope Airdrie win a trophy

2018 nearly had the maximum patter outcome of no Scottish side in the final

image.png.496884d0c20fa45eef924730a67a6b38.png

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Will a Welsh team in the Challenge Cup Final count for this?

As it stands, we may have to hope Airdrie win a trophy

Have both teams ever lost the same game before?

I'd take that outcome if possible.

Was watching the Arsenal v Liverpool game yesterday via some entirely legal method.

When VVD and the keeper made a complete arse of things for the second Arsenal goal, whoever the commentary pair were started going on about how (chuckle) that's why the EPL is the best league in the world, it's so unpredictable etc etc. Anyone else and they're nailing them for catastrophic defending. 

Not strictly tinpot, but I thought an interesting insight into the mindset  of those guys, and how anything and everything must be talked up. Broadcasting as PR, nothing else.

28 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

At some clubs that would be training.

Dessers would struggle to get it in the tent.

On 03/02/2024 at 12:22, Leith Green said:

Amusing really. 

Or stop issuing warnings for using "rhyming slang"?

50 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Was watching the Arsenal v Liverpool game yesterday via some entirely legal method.

When VVD and the keeper made a complete arse of things for the second Arsenal goal, whoever the commentary pair were started going on about how (chuckle) that's why the EPL is the best league in the world, it's so unpredictable etc etc. Anyone else and they're nailing them for catastrophic defending. 

Not strictly tinpot, but I thought an interesting insight into the mindset  of those guys, and how anything and everything must be talked up. Broadcasting as PR, nothing else.

Aye, it's predictable.

I remember watching an EPL match either earlier this season or last season. It was 0-0 heading into the final 10 minutes and the commentators were describing it as "an enthralling tactical battle". No, it was boring.

23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Or stop issuing warnings for using "rhyming slang"?

Yeah, its kinda odd - but I genuinely think that this is because its inevitable (as we know the type of people we are dealing with here) that one of their "defence organisations" will take it to a higher court.

Pathetic, but probably true.

On 03/02/2024 at 12:22, Leith Green said:

Amusing really. 

You seem certain in your belief here, so no point getting dragged into a debate. It sounds like its already been done to death on here in the past so dont wish to drag it up again either. Its tedious and no argument is going to change peoples entrenched mind in this.

But me and my Celtic supporting mate were called that name on a weekly basis during school, based purely on the school we went to. They knew we werent R*ngers fans, they knew who we were, but presumably because we didnt go to the Catholic school we were ***'*.

I still sit beside people at parkhead that call anyone thats not a Celtic fan that word. Motherwell fans are **** without the bus fare. Dundee are ***dee, Hearts are obviously **** etc etc.

As with all words it depends on how its used and by whom, but as a Celtic fan I know its used in a religious way at times and then we hide behind the excuse of it only referring to fans of them, when its mostly used for anyone that's not us. just surprised that some make apologies for the intention of the word, even if it did originate as non religious. 

As I say just my experience. Makes no difference if its legislated against in the WOS as both sides will perpetuate it, makes excuses and blame the other, try to justify that one word is worse than the other. rinse repeat.

6 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Is that not to do with Suez being involved with the club?

Aye it's clearly a sustainability promo rather than the kids entertainment the tweet labelled it as. 

If he had commented on trying not to smash the ball off the electrics to the left then he might have had a point.