What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

21 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The Hibs online ticket system is easily the worst I've encountered.

No one was more surprised than me when I ended up with a ticket last season and I am unlikely to be able to replicate the combination of moves to unlock another one this year.

2 hours ago, ropy said:

No one was more surprised than me when I ended up with a ticket last season and I am unlikely to be able to replicate the combination of moves to unlock another one this year.

They’ve only got 4 turnstiles for the whole away end so if they do let people buy all the tickets it’s a mess

their online ticketing will be designed to help make such events less likely 

its for your own good

On 16/07/2024 at 13:17, tamthebam said:

It's deliberately made difficult to protect the mental health of the vulnerable and prevent them from watching Hibs

After our 5-1 drubbing, my mental health is definitely at risk.

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s like me walking into a shop and asking if I can buy a jacket but they won’t get paid until I’ve had offers for my listings on Vinted.

What a Beamer 😂.

C2FF53CE-78C3-4336-99D4-A4640E3D6CBE.jpeg

Whether this rumour is accurate or not, it’s relatively common that you see transfers lined up that are contingent on other transfers happening, particularly now with FFP restrictions.

Most people can appreciate that we’re not in a situation where we can just keep freely adding to our squad by spending millions. Last summers transfer window has severely hamstrung us here. But if we have this guy lined up ready to come in once we have shifted someone, with personal terms already agreed, then I’m quite content with that.

Edited by AJF

On 01/06/2024 at 21:11, HibeeJibee said:

Is there any risk Man Utd v Rangers will hit 66k? e.g. segregation/electronic hoardings/etc.

Murrayfield holds 67,144... Liverpool v Napoli in 2019 drew 65,442 (biggest in Scotland since 1989 cup final)... but all-time Edinburgh record is 65,860 (being Edinburgh derby at Easter Road on New Year Monday in 1950).

56,574 apparently 

i just walked the dog and there was a mix of Mancunian/Glaswegian family outings trying to remember where they’d parked and rough looking ne’er do wells swilling buckfast in the street.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

The all time football record is as stated above by HJ. 

It being Edinburgh the all time record was for the egg chasing. 100,000+ Scotland v Wales in the early 1970s although I think a Hogmanay do in Princes Street had 200,000. 

By comparison the last public execution in Edinburgh in 1864 attracted a crowd of c.20,000. It was botched:

"They say it took up to forty minutes for Bryce to slowly expire, and in that time the town worthies found that the missiles were now headed in their direction, and with enough venom to make them flee. Public unrest rose, with fights and violence spreading in the combustible crowd into the streets beyond the site of the gallows. It is said that Askern (the hangman) only just escaped with his life as the mob swarmed the gallows. He left on the ten-fifteen train out of Waverly Station in a compartment blocked off for him to travel alone. Crowds gathered around the train before it left and Askern sat with his back to the window to avoid being seen."

Edited by tamthebam

17 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

56,574 apparently 

i just walked the dog and there was a mix of Mancunian/Glaswegian family outings trying to remember where they’d parked and rough looking ne’er do wells swilling buckfast in the street.

Aye but what effect did the football have ?

On 20/07/2024 at 23:06, tamthebam said:

He left on the ten-fifteen train out of Waverly Station in a compartment blocked off for him to travel alone. Crowds gathered around the train before it left and Askern sat with his back to the window to avoid being seen.

Hasn't that happened to every sacked Hibs manager (and Cathro) for the past 20 years?

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Does sexist, homophobic and racist abuse of women playing cricket count as tinpot or is it too bad for that?

Must have been the Mancs, couldn't have been Sevco as cricket is a Tory sport.

Edited by Vietnam91

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Does sexist, homophobic and racist abuse of women playing cricket count as tinpot or is it too bad for that?

You are Edinburgh police. Do you actually do your duty and arrest drunk Rangers fans who are breaking the law by spouting homophobic and racist abuse at innocent people trying to play their sport in peace or do you threaten Edinburgh City with a 3000 quid policing bill for every match because you can't handle a lot of 12 year old fannies?