What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Airdrie 'supporters' with a "Stop the Boats" flag at their game yesterday.

Less "tinpot" I guess, more just Airdrie's wee bunch of hanger on weirdos.

Edited by AUcal

On 31/07/2024 at 21:03, Ron Aldo said:

Tenuous SPFL link but this cracked me up 

A bit more detail…

“For thousands of ‘orrible Brits who make the pilgrimage every year, Bucharest is a stag do Mecca, where you’re handcuffed to a stripper at baggage reclaim and plied with watered down Raki by your zorbing instructor.

You’d like to think a culture vulture like Neil Lennon would shun that seedy underbelly, but it sounds like the new Rapid Bucharest gaffer might have slipped into stag mode.

According to local reports, the former Celtic boss turned up to training hanging out of his arse after a midweek piss-up at a brewery, and then proceeded to urinate on the training pitch in front of his horrified squad.

The term used by Romanian press was actually “defecate”, but we’re hoping that’s an error from Google Translate…”

https://www.upshot.email/p/sold-bag-oregano

12 hours ago, AUcal said:

Airdrie supporters with a "Stop the Boats" flag at their game yesterday.

Less "tinpot" I guess, more just Airdrie.

Tbf, imagine being a refugee who ends up being housed in Airdrie. Poor people. 

58 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Haven't you heard? There's thousands of migrants sailing up the Monklands Canal.

That's nonsense of course, they'd come in upstream from the Clyde into the River Calder. I haven't seen any yet, but I'll burn the Tudor Hotel down later, in case they get any ideas.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's nonsense of course, they'd come in upstream from the Clyde into the River Calder. I haven't seen any yet, but I'll burn the Tudor Hotel down later, in case they get any ideas.

Tommy Robinson telt me thae AsYluM seekers are Oompah Loompahs. Better burn down the Orange Lodge too...

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The scary part is you probably mean that.

45 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Tommy Robinson telt me thae AsYluM seekers are Oompah Loompahs. Better burn down the Orange Lodge too...

If it spread to Legends bar I'd never forgive myself. As the Barrel Vaults it was part of my youth and should be due a blue plaque.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

23 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Wiping out Harry's Bar would be a disaster for the more discerning of Airdrie's pub-goers. They'd be aghast at having to resort to cheap pints and karaoke in Yesterdays. Best to just head them off in the direction of Coatbridge and let them worry about it.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Screenshot_20240806_091643_Reddit.thumb.jpg.42a0e99065d8a5415b5f26fdc2c4bd5d.jpg

Might be the same "artist" that created our infamous Dougie Imrie on a trampoline display. Fair play for the man hours spent to create this though and at least they can commemorate wining a cup(s) Accies just don't do cups unfortunately