What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

54 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Also would explain their total apathy after the Nazon red card but just can't be as pre match he made some comments about having practiced penalties. He doesn't strike me as having much emotion, very little encouragement from him (or anger) seems very passive.

It would indeed tie in with the apathy on the field in the closing minutes.  For him to have believed that though, the entire team would surely have needed to be operating under the same illusion.  

I love the idea of him being wrong in this way but the explanation is bound to just be a more prosaic one about him having been glad to have survived the away leg against the Premier League side. 

Still ridiculously unambitious, still embarrassing anyway, and obviously hilarious in the light of how awful the penalties were, but essentially less brilliant than his thinking they were through.

I'd love to learn I was wrong though.

I think people are reading into the Neilson "celebration" too much. It was a tense, dramatic and pressurised environment, people do weird things. I don't think he was thinking anything. There were people around me doing all sorts at the final whistle from cheering to crying. I don't think it's worth reading anymore into it. I guarantee you if he'd actually thought he'd won his celebration would have been a bit more than that.

5 hours ago, GAD said:

I think people are reading into the Neilson "celebration" too much. It was a tense, dramatic and pressurised environment, people do weird things. I don't think he was thinking anything. There were people around me doing all sorts at the final whistle from cheering to crying. I don't think it's worth reading anymore into it. I guarantee you if he'd actually thought he'd won his celebration would have been a bit more than that.

Let us have our fun at Robbie Neilson's expense please. He thought Utd were promoted and straight into the Champions League and that's the end of it. 

6 hours ago, GAD said:

I agree with this. I think he was giving himself a sort of ‘come on’ gesture, that’s been misconstrued as a celebration of getting to the end of the game. 

Jokes that explicitly cross check against the correct etymology are my favourites. 

FWIW I think the Hearts "dug-bow-tie" is excellent. Worth buying a dog for. 9.5/10.

It shouldn’t even qualify for “most tinpot Hearts themed dog-tat” never mind the general award

Of course dogs are colour blind so even if your dogs a Hibs fan they won’t notice

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Of course dogs are colour blind so even if your dogs a Hibs fan they won’t notice

What if he was to catch sight of the badge in his reflection?

18 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That would be hilarious and would explain his odd reaction to the whistle.

Surely not though?  That would be a catastrophic error and would surely have emerged as such by now.  It's a lovely thought though.

Had a similar, but reverse, experience at Bolton Wanderers in the Anglo Scottish Cup back in the day. I’d been chucked out the ground earlier (long story) and as it was a Tuesday evening I watched “Its a Knockout” in a pub across from the ground then sneaked back in the home end when they opened the gates with 15 to go.

At the end of 90 we’d lost 2-0 (Sam Allardyce double) and as we’d won the home game 4-2 and I was on my tod in the home end, I thought we were out on away goals and headed for the exit.

Soon realised no-one else was leaving. Turned out away goals only counted after extra time (odd rule). The rest is history. Jimmy Bone scores. We won the game and later the cup itself. Finally got to leave the ground for the third time, for good, in triumph. They knocked it down and moved to the Reebok a few years later, but I’ve no been back.

11 hours ago, MarbellaDEE said:

hahaha maybe not tinpot but utterly hilarious, mutants to a man. 

This encapsulates (part of) Scottish football perfectly.

A 350 year old Irish battle, stoked up in the streets of Glasgow in the 20th / 21st century for commercial gain by "their" clubs,  being re-enacted in Turkish pleasure boats in some nightmarish "Spanish Armada" nonsense by people a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Sadly it seems they didnt sink each other..............

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

And to think I'll be in Turkey in a couple of months.  f**k MY LIFE.

In a couple of weeks I'll be in Belfast on a stagger involving a group of staunch Celtic fans...

Guest Moomintroll
In a couple of weeks I'll be in Belfast on a stagger involving a group of staunch Celtic fans...
Are Celtic fans allowed to be staunch?