Accidents Will Happen

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many, many years, mid 80s, ago we (my father and a much younger me) were late leaving for the Thistle game. My younger self was obsessed about not missing kick-off and when we got to Queens Cross the game was just kicking off so I sprinted across the road. I didn't make my destination as I was hit by a car. My father saw me go flying in the air and was convinced I was dead by the time I hit the ground. 

Somehow I managed to escape with nothing more than a concussion and an overnight stay in the Western Infirmary.  When the ambulance arrived I was insistent on still going to the game. What a fud I was (am). 

13 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Nail through foot

Head cracked with rocks and golf clubs

Electrocuted

Fallen out of a car onto head

Head slammed in car door

Run over

Fallen down trap door

Burned hand on car brake disk

Quite accident prone.

Were the assailants justified?

12 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Were the assailants justified?

These were just accidents (I think). Not included anyone trying to do me harm. Was having a rock-flinging fight/contest with a pal (Fife kids make their own entertainment) and my pal got me with a beauty. The ear cushioned the blow.

31 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Nail through foot

Electrocuted

Head slammed in car door

Run over

Fallen down trap door

Quite accident prone.

vinnie-jones-o.gif

Nearly choked to death unblocking a hoover (by sucking it). 

Chased and bitten by a Alsatian. He was South African.

Got a decent bite off another dog when stopping it attacking mine as a kid. Spent Cup Final day in Ninewells A&E

Hit in head with a wooden mallet

Hit own thumb with heavy mallet knocking some metal pins into ground

Stabbed with a pencil (still got the lead in my hand) by a P&B poster

Shot in the foot (just an air gun) - deserved it tbf

Various high speed road bike (like cheese grating your arms and legs) and mountain bike crashes

Jumped off a balcony and landed on my nuts on the railing/banister below

Fell through one of those roundabouts (as a kid) shaped like a spider's web and it hit me on the back of the head (bloody)

Jumped my bmx and landed on my head (no helmet, very bloody, forgot where I lived)

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Nearly choked to death unblocking a hoover (by sucking it). 

Chased and bitten by a Alsatian. He was South African.

Got a decent bite off another dog when stopping it attacking mine as a kid. Spent Cup Final day in Ninewells A&E

Hit in head with a wooden mallet

Hit own thumb with heavy mallet knocking some metal pins into ground

Stabbed with a pencil (still got the lead in my hand) by a P&B poster

Shot in the foot (just an air gun) - deserved it tbf

Various high speed road bike (like cheese grating your arms and legs) and mountain bike crashes

Jumped off a balcony and landed on my nuts on the railing/banister below

Fell through one of those roundabouts (as a kid) shaped like a spider's web and it hit me on the back of the head (bloody)

Jumped my bmx and landed on my head (no helmet, very bloody, forgot where I lived)

You make @19QOS19 attempt at amputating his thumb look shit.

47 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Nail through foot

Electrocuted

Head slammed in car door

Run over

Fallen down trap door

Quite accident prone.

couldn't be long before p and b's resident walter mitty came in

Was in Northumbria and was horse riding on the moors near Hexham. We were galloping along a rocky path and my horse tripped and fell, I went flying and fractured my pelvis.

The worse thing was that I don't think they thought I was that badly hurt and made me ride back to the stables, absolute agony. It was only once I got back off that it was apparent that I couldn't actually walk and they took me to hospital. When I got there and was waiting to be checked by the doctor, the hospital priest came in and asked how I was and if I needed anything - he was just trying to be nice but I wasn't quite at the last rites stage.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

These were just accidents (I think). Not included anyone trying to do me harm. Was having a rock-flinging fight/contest with a pal (Fife kids make their own entertainment) and my pal got me with a beauty. The ear cushioned the blow.

Can you not just put the exciting ones up, surely everybody's had some of those.

Archived