Accidents Will Happen

5 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Back on topic. I took a ridiculous amount of Diazepam and drink, that resulted in a tumble head first down the stairs. Triple fracture to the skull and 2 metal plates later, I decided drink, sedatives and stairs were a no go from now on.

Ahh Dumfries.

I went out one Thursday night in Edinburgh and after taking advantage of some cheap drink offer in Hive, a friend and I decided to walk along to McDonald's on Princes Street. I had to pee pretty badly so thought, no problem, let me just hop the fence into Princes Street Gardens, piss, and jump back over. Ended up briefly impaling my foot on a spike.  Six stitches, leaving the outside of Carphone Warehouse looking like a murder scene and paid sick leave over Christmas and New Year was the result.  I was going to abide by the P&B rules of pics or GTF but not sure how much people would want to see them

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Ahh Dumfries.

I went out one Thursday night in Edinburgh and after taking advantage of some cheap drink offer in Hive, a friend and I decided to walk along to McDonald's on Princes Street. I had to pee pretty badly so thought, no problem, let me just hop the fence into Princes Street Gardens, piss, and jump back over. Ended up briefly impaling my foot on a spike.  Six stitches, leaving the outside of Carphone Warehouse looking like a murder scene and paid sick leave over Christmas and New Year was the result.  I was going to abide by the P&B rules of pics or GTF but not sure how much people would want to see them

Lynn!  I've pierced my foot on a spiiike!

5 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Speak to HR about their poor safety standards that led to your incident, while encouraging them to pay for your treatment privately. If they’re not willing to assist, get yourself on the phone to anyone of them no win no fee cowboys and take them for damages.

Back on topic. I took a ridiculous amount of Diazepam and drink, that resulted in a tumble head first down the stairs. Triple fracture to the skull and 2 metal plates later, I decided drink, sedatives and stairs were a no go from now on.

Moving to a bungalow?

30 minutes ago, The OP said:

Not entirely happy at the use of the term “electrocuted” to describe a non-fatal electric shock tbh. 

Was sitting in the ERI hooked up to some monitor thing. A doctor came in with some med students, looked at my notes (ignoring me the whole time) and said “we have to watch these ones. We had one in like this last week who seemed fine after a shock then dropped dead a couple of hours later” before shuffling out the room. Cheers doc. 

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Was sitting in the ERI hooked up to some monitor thing. A doctor came in with some med students, looked at my notes (ignoring me the whole time) and said “we have to watch these ones. We had one in like this last week who seemed fine after a shock then dropped dead a couple of hours later” before shuffling out the room. Cheers doc. 

Probably Doctor Jan I Tor.

Put my back out sneezing the other day 
i also managed this the other day. in agony.

also tore the muscles down my spine years ago getting out a beanbag. jut twisted as standing up. the missus was on a night out so had to just stay where i was for hours until she got home.

I think I've been lucky with injuries- the worst I had was going to let the cat out, tripping over the wee fud and dislocating my shoulder. Two weeks of not sleeping probably due to pain followed by six months of physio wasn't fun but I got to skive work. 

Maybe I could have spun it out a bit more- it was my right shoulder I dislocated and I don't think the work realised I'm left handed.. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I was playing golf at a tournament in Ayrshire as a junior and was teeing off on a par three when I heard a whizzing noise and all of a sudden was hit by a titleist pro 90 on the left temple. Knocked out completely and couldnt finish my round, had to go for an MRI. No fucker claimed that ball.

No such golf ball.  

10 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Chased and bitten by a Alsatian. He was South African.

Come on now, make up your mind. Where was he from?

My story is that a group of friends and I were nearly home after a very pleasant bike ride. Rolling down a long hill, doing maybe 30 mph or so, my front wheel collapsed without warning and I went down through the bike frame. Being attached to the pedals via the toe clips, I then somersaulted over and slid for about 20 yards leaving the best part of 1/2 a stone's worth of skin on the ground. I ended up looking like a pile of raw mince. The heid E.R. nursey said it was the worst injuries she'd seen on someone who hadn't broken a bone. I was there for almost four hours while a team of Lisa Cuddys wielding sandpaper and salt scrubbed the gravel out of me. By the time they let my friends take me home, I was covered in more bandages than an Egyptian Mummy with a bandage fetish.

And the pain...oh fucking hell, the pain.  I think I would rather watch a show about the Kardashians than go through that again.

9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Look at that, accident black spot! These aren't accidents! They're throwing themselves into the road gladly! Throwing themselves into the road to escape all this hideousness!

Throw yourself into the road, darling! You haven't got a chance!

withnailjaguarscrubbersjz4.7577.jpg

Scrubbers!

20 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Put my back out sneezing the other day 

I'm halfway through this thread and so far this is the only thing that could be classed as a genuine accident and not as a direct result of someone's stupidity / incompetence.

EDIT: At the end now. I stand by my comment.

9 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Come on now, make up your mind. Where was he from?

My story is that a group of friends and I were nearly home after a very pleasant bike ride. Rolling down a long hill, doing maybe 30 mph or so, my front wheel collapsed without warning and I went down through the bike frame. Being attached to the pedals via the toe clips, I then somersaulted over and slid for about 20 yards leaving the best part of 1/2 a stone's worth of skin on the ground. I ended up looking like a pile of raw mince. The heid E.R. nursey said it was the worst injuries she'd seen on someone who hadn't broken a bone. I was there for almost four hours while a team of Lisa Cuddys wielding sandpaper and salt scrubbed the gravel out of me. By the time they let my friends take me home, I was covered in more bandages than an Egyptian Mummy with a bandage fetish.

And the pain...oh fucking hell, the pain.  I think I would rather watch a show about the Kardashians than go through that again.

It's amazing the damage you can do to yourself on a pushbike on the road. People just presumed it was a motorbike crash when seeing the damage. Even with a good scrub you might get bits of road appearing for a while yet. 

Archived