Sevco & Sellick colt teams maybe added to league 2

A two year trial period is mooted which will allow the colt teams of the ugly sisters to gain entrance into the SPFL. 

I implore the chairman of all member clubs to oppose this proposal, if we allow these bigoted c***s to impose any levels of control they historically held upon us again,  the game in Scotland will be well and truly f****d.

The management body of the SPFL also need to be brought to task about this, we currently have a country with a population of not even 6 million trying to keep 42 senior clubs in existence, we do not need any more additions to the senior game in Scotland.But for the SPFL to pander to the requests of the ugly sisters shows in my mind they are not fit for purpose. 

I really hope the chairman of lower league clubs reject this proposal which has solely been mooted by the SPFL to pander to the vile institutions haha known as the OF.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has not been good since they scrapped the old reserve set up. While this works in Spain with some clubs running B teams in the league they cannot be promoted to the top division and as you say they have a few more people.

6 minutes ago, capybara said:

It has not been good since they scrapped the old reserve set up. While this works in Spain with some clubs running B teams in the league they cannot be promoted to the top division and as you say they have a few more people.

Definitely. Young players learn far more playing with and against better and more experienced players. This shouldn't distract from the massive flaws in our grassroots coaching and development though.

3 minutes ago, capybara said:

It's more about all clubs outwith the OF being  cajoled by the SPFL to permit this proposal. Why should the OF be the preffered clubs in this instance, is the SPFL crumbling to Sevco because they have withdrawn their development team from the development set up in favour of playing non competitive matches against European opposition. 

I think the SPFL have taken that as a slight against their organisation and are bending over backwards to meet sevco's demands. The management committee of the SPFL need to be aware they represent all senior clubs in Scotland not just them two. 

If  this proposal is accepted I will have to think long and hard about watching a sport in my homeland that is  run heavily in favour of the ugly sisters.

Translation:

We want to give even more money to the Bigot Brothers, and give them more opportunity to hoover up any half-decent player for any other teams and stick them in an in-house team, rather than loaning them out to other teams.

Farce, pure and simple.

Won't happen. We've publicly announced we're against it. The others are letting their fans decide. The majority of fans are against it so can't see it being voted through, unless clubs want to go against their fans and lose these fans for petty bribe money.

2 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Translation:

We want to give even more money to the Bigot Brothers, and give them more opportunity to hoover up any half-decent player for any other teams and stick them in an in-house team, rather than loaning them out to other teams.

Farce, pure and simple.

It's about time this favourable treatment recieved by the OF is challenged.

Whether this should fall on the shoulders of the clubs themselves of us as fans is all that needs to be clarified, I have a feeling clubs will shy away from any possible conflict with the SPFL .

Therefore I would guess it is upto us fans to make Doncaster and his sidekicks aware that we as fans are fed up with our clubs being treated in an inferior way to The OF.

If we allow this proposal to be passed our game in general and clubs in particular will be affected adversely. I think it would be benificial if a fan from all clubs  outwith the OF sent strongly worded letters to the chairman of their respective clubs, outlining why we as fans feel this proposal should be vetoed , because I for one would stop attending matches if this gets passed.

I am sick to the back teeth that the OF think the ruling body in Scotland is exclusively there to service their needs to the detriment of the other forty member clubs.

There is a 70 page thread on this on the League 2 page which is well worth a look. Supporters are emailing their clubs to find their position, and voice their objections to this blatant attempt by Celtic and Rangers to bribe the way for their Colts teams to enter the league set up.

We should all do similar, as all clubs have a say in this.

3 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Yes maybe, as it would require consent from a majority of clubs. 

Just now. It'll be mooted in a different form not long after being rejected. The "guarantee to buy 250 tickets at £10 each" statement is fucking sickening. The SFA is literally waving cash in front of part time sides on behalf of Celtic and Rangers. That's not their job. 

It probably hasn't been planned this far, but what happens if two "new clubs" get parachuted in, presumably to League Two?  Do we just get two teams relegated the season before they start?  League reconstruction?

Shite idea, of course, but curious as to what the plan is around that.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just now. It'll be mooted in a different form not long after being rejected. The "guarantee to buy 250 tickets at £10 each" statement is fucking sickening. The SFA is literally waving cash in front of part time sides on behalf of Celtic and Rangers. That's not their job. 

Isn't it Rangers and Celtic themselves offering the bribe guaranteeing the ticket sales, and offering to play more away games as well?  I thought it was their representatives going round the league 2 clubs making the presentation and trying to sell the idea...

1 minute ago, forameus said:

It probably hasn't been planned this far, but what happens if two "new clubs" get parachuted in, presumably to League Two?  Do we just get two teams relegated the season before they start?  League reconstruction?

Shite idea, of course, but curious as to what the plan is around that.

For the two season trial period the bottom league has 12 teams.  The Colts teams cannot be promoted, but cannot be relegated. 

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Isn't it Rangers and Celtic themselves offering the bribe guaranteeing the ticket sales, and offering to play more away games as well?  I thought it was their representatives going round the league 2 clubs making the presentation and trying to sell the idea...

I've maybe read it wrong, thought the SPFL/SFA had sent around plans for all the clubs to assess and then vote on. 

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've maybe read it wrong, thought the SPFL/SFA had sent around plans for all the clubs to assess and then vote on. 

The SPFL wrote the document and it's being used specifically by Rangers and Celtic in a charm offensive. They decided on the bribe level as a way to dissuade other clubs from joining in on cost grounds. Nothing to see here, all fine.

Here is the text from the article in the record:

Celtic and Rangers colt teams set to play in SPFL as early as next season

Reps from all 10 League Two teams met with Celtic and Rangers’ development chiefs last weekend to discuss the two-year pilot scheme.

ByGordon Waddell
* 06:00, 21 JAN 2018UPDATED14:01, 21 JAN 2018

A plan to see two colt teams introduced to the SPFL could be in place as early as next season.
It’s understood reps from all 10 League Two teams met with Celtic and Rangers’development chiefs Chris McCart and Craig Mulholland last weekend to discuss a two-year pilot scheme.

And although the move would require a vote and majority approval from all 42 league clubs, MailSport believes at least seven of the 10 who’ll be directly affected by the plan have given their encouragement.

MailSport - who broke the news of the initial moves to broker a deal as part of Project Brave 13 months ago - has obtained a copy of the latest proposal aimed at kicking off in the 2018/19 season.
The plan involves a two-year trial period which would see League Two grow to a 12-team set-up but:
* Neither team would be allowed to win promotion or be relegated during the pilot. If they finished top or bottom or in any of the play-off places, the senior team in the next place down would automatically take that spot.
* Neither side would benefit financially from the distribution of funds to the league.
* The colt teams involved in the pilot project will also guarantee the purchase of a minimum of 250 tickets for each of its away fixtures at £10 per ticket, giving each team, they claim, a £15,000 lift each season.

The full details of the fixture set-up with a 12-team division have yet to be decided. There is a favoured model of a 33-game schedule, although an alternative of creating a Premiership-style split and 38 games is an option.

There is also an offer for both colt teams to play all games away from home, although it's expected both would have to register full league-compliant grounds.

MailSport revealed last June Celtic had already made moves to make Cappielow their home away from home if the plan ever made it off the drawing board.
Teams would have to name a squad at the start of the season - effectively an under-21 squad with two permanent overage players - and players would not be allowed to migrate from the parent club’s top team except in transfer windows.
League sources were keen to stress last night that the plan is not limited to Celtic and Rangers’ set-ups, despite the pair being front and centre of the bid to persuade clubs of its benefits.
It's also understood, however, that others who have expressed an interest previously - Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs - may be interested in the long term but aren’t ready to take up a place as early as the summer, paving the way for the two Glasgow clubs.

An SPFL source said: “Historically there have always been objections to this but what we need to understand now is this isn’t the same debate we’re having - this is about development of our young players, it’s not about Rangers and Celtic leaving legacy teams behind as they seek to move on.
“So as this goes through the approval process, if it achieves support, other Premiership teams may yet want to be involved.”
MailSport understands the plan is to work their way up through the leagues with their discussions before calling an egm vote.
Any change would require the approval of 11 of the 12 Premiership clubs and 23 of the 30 (75 per cent) lower league clubs.
One League Two source who attended the meeting last weekend told us: “There were fewer objections than I’ve heard previously because Craig and Chris presented a strong case for why it would help in terms of the overall development strategy which Project Brave has been addressing. And it would be financially beneficial to a degree as well.
“But there are still a lot of questions to be answered, not least what would happen in year three. As usual with these things, we’re getting bits of the story but it would have been more helpful to hear it all and to have the SFA there as part of the discussion.
“The fact it was just Rangers and Celtic doesn’t help the perception that it’s the greater good being served, no matter how convincing the case they’re putting is.”

The actual proposal

Elgin City put it online as a .pdf.

joke proposal drawn up on the back of a fag packet, and being touted around he lower leagues by representatives from those who will benefit directly rather than the SFA itself. Blankety Blank cheque book and pens at the ready.

Scottish football is rotten to the core.

Archived