Sevco & Sellick colt teams maybe added to league 2

3 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Can someone tell us any realistic benefits of this idea?

The OF obviously benefit m9 , if it wasn't beneficial to these vile vile vile did I say f*****g vile clubs they wouldn't be interested.

Why does the SPFL which is a body there to represent all its member clubs. have this F*****g overall desire to assist the two clubs with the biggest budgets to gain an advantage over its other member clubs.

Let me expand on those thoughts, if this proposal is met with a sufficient level of support to allow its implementation the OF will be able to blood their development teams to senior football all be it at a lowly level but it shall still offer them exposure to senior football.Meanwhile the remainder of clubs in the Premiership only have the option of throwing any young talent straight into the rigours of top tier football, the other avenue available is to loan any emerging talent to lower league clubs to introduce them into senior football, this must be seen as an unfair advantage thrust upon the OF by the SPFL as they will be able to monitor their full development squads development at senior level whilst other clubs under their governance don't have the same opportunity offered to them.

I really am in a complete state of disgust towards the lackeys at the SPFL and I might just decide to spend my Saturday afternoons shopping with her indoors or spending time with the grandkids, rather than be a third party contributer to this pantomime of a governing body.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldnt be allowed to happen. Every other team should vote against it ! Why should they get to do this ? At the end of the day alot of small clubs benefit from the Old firm letting players they dont think are good enough. Some of these young players go to smaller clubs and prove them wrong. Prime example lewis morgan .. let go by rangers and has developed greatly by going to st mirren, they got 300,000 grand from celtic for him. Which im sure will help them cover costs and help them with funds if they are promoted. 

This proposal is absolutely shite and needs to get into the fucking sea, preferably the Marianas Trench, never to return.

Celtic and Sevco are a cancer on our game. It's fucking pitiful seeing baw-sacks like Regan pandering to these vermin at every opportunity.

Get to utter f**k. c***s.

1 minute ago, jupe1407 said:

This proposal is absolutely shite and needs to get into the fucking sea, preferably the Marianas Trench, never to return.

Celtic and Sevco are a cancer on our game. It's fucking pitiful seeing baw-sacks like Regan pandering to these vermin at every opportunity.

Get to utter f**k. c***s.

It's more Doncaster than Regan m9,Doncaster as the head of the SPFL could have rejected these proposals at their inception, but as stated in a previous post I think the SPFL have taken sevco's withdrawal from their development league as a personal slight, and are trying to address this by bending over backwards to accommodate sevco and their partners in crime by permitting the inclusion of their "colt-development teams" into league 2 of the SPFL.

34 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

The OF obviously benefit m9 , if it wasn't beneficial to these vile vile vile did I say f*****g vile clubs they wouldn't be interested.

Why does the SPFL which is a body there to represent all its member clubs. have this F*****g overall desire to assist the two clubs with the biggest budgets to gain an advantage over its other member clubs.

Let me expand on those thoughts, if this proposal is met with a sufficient level of support to allow its implementation the OF will be able to blood their development teams to senior football all be it at a lowly level but it shall still offer them exposure to senior football.Meanwhile the remainder of clubs in the Premiership only have the option of throwing any young talent straight into the rigours of top tier football, the other avenue available is to loan any emerging talent to lower league clubs to introduce them into senior football, this must be seen as an unfair advantage thrust upon the OF by the SPFL as they will be able to monitor their full development squads development at senior level whilst other clubs under their governance don't have the same opportunity offered to them.

I really am in a complete state of disgust towards the lackeys at the SPFL and I might just decide to spend my Saturday afternoons shopping with her indoors or spending time with the grandkids, rather than be a third party contributer to this pantomime of a governing body.

Wish I could greenie this more than once.

It's more Doncaster than Regan m9,Doncaster as the head of the SPFL could have rejected these proposals at their inception, but as stated in a previous post I think the SPFL have taken sevco's withdrawal from their development league as a personal slight, and are trying to address this by bending over backwards to accommodate sevco and their partners in crime by permitting the inclusion of their "colt-development teams" into league 2 of the SPFL.
It was a reference to Regan's pathetic "social unrest" shite tbh. Doncaster is a total c**t.

16 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

As this plan is supposed to ultimately help the Scottish national team I'm guessing any Colt side admitted to League Two wouldn't be able to include any non Scots in their squad? 

read the whole proposal on Elgins web page, no rules around including non scots so they could fill the colts with promising foreigners if they want

1 hour ago, John MacLean said:

As this plan is supposed to ultimately help the Scottish national team I'm guessing any Colt side admitted to League Two wouldn't be able to include any non Scots in their squad? 

If this is the reason for these 2 clubs to enter colt teams into league 2 we should withdraw from being affiliated to FIFA & UEFA and suspend any competitive football in Scotland with immediate effect, how the f*** can the two bodies responsible for the legislation of the game in Scotland come to the conclusion that permitting the admittance of the ugly sisters colt teams into league two, increase our prospects of qualification by the international team into tournament finals.

I always thought Jim McInally was a peroxide haired wee nyaff, turns out he's one of the good guys. I shall buy him some champagne next time I am researching a Mark Caine novel in Peterhead,

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/peterhead-boss-slams-colts-idea-from-old-firm-clubs-he-says-are-out-to-bully-way-in/

It has not been good since they scrapped the old reserve set up. While this works in Spain with some clubs running B teams in the league they cannot be promoted to the top division and as you say they have a few more people.

I’m not saying getting back to the old fashioned reserve league would solve all of our problems but it does seem to me that Scottish football has had the worst period in its history since we got rid of it.

15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

3 pages of moaning and groaning is there anybody oot there who can see the pros or cons?

The pros are lower league clubs will increase their gate receipts if they allow themselves to be bribed by Sellick & Sevco. 

The cons are fairly obvious, the body that governs and legislates the league set up in Scotland being coerced by the OF to even put this proposal to the vote.

The aforementioned clubs have a sizeable advantage financially over all other member clubs, they should not be allowed the opportunity to exert even more authority within the game by suggesting these proposals, both clubs would gain unfair advantage over every other member club by having their " development-colts" fast tracked into senior football.

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

I always thought Jim McInally was a peroxide haired wee nyaff, turns out he's one of the good guys. I shall buy him some champagne next time I am researching a Mark Caine novel in Peterhead,

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/peterhead-boss-slams-colts-idea-from-old-firm-clubs-he-says-are-out-to-bully-way-in/

Yes, spot on.

I also had him down as a complete tool, but fair play to him on this particular issue.

6 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

The pros are lower league clubs will increase their gate receipts if they allow themselves to be bribed by Sellick & Sevco. 

The cons are fairly obvious, the body that governs and legislates the league set up in Scotland being coerced by the OF to even put this proposal to the vote.

The aforementioned clubs have a sizeable advantage financially over all other member clubs, they should not be allowed the opportunity to exert even more authority within the game by suggesting these proposals, both clubs would gain unfair advantage over every other member club by having their " development-colts" fast tracked into senior football.

Even that opening line is debatable if such a step sufficiently pisses off core supports.

The biggest problem is the insult it poses to competitive football at those levels.  Clubs there exist and thrive in their own rights without the need or desire to provide some experimental backdrop for others.

14 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

I would question why its just celtic and rangers only and why aberdeen hearts hibs etc cant have colt teams,having the colt teams in the diddy cup is a good idea for me.

Archived