The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

Fatshaft talking sense on this, as he has done for years on this subject.

I think Kingsford will be approved (albeit it’ll end up with the naysayers taking it to court), and folk will eventually accept it’s there and get on with supporting the team and club.

Cannot see the redevelopment of Pittodrie being a goer as it seems a non starter in terms of cost as we won’t have land to sell. Not an architect by any means but the mooted redevelopment sounds very “back of a fag packet” - not really enough to go on tbh.

40 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Pittodrie is a more attractive prospect than Kingsford because it is actually in the city of Aberdeen and not on the outskirts of a commuter village. Location is the absolute number one factor here. Kingsford will be a pain in the arse to get to and that will put people off. We'll get a bounce in attendances for a season or two but it'll drop off after that, IMO.

You can slag off Tynecastle all you like but we would kill for a ground like that. Hearts may not have boxes but they'll have a huge corporate offer once the stand is finished. You don't need to put rich people behind glass to extract money from them at the football, just look at most English stadiums. Their stadium is also in a good location with multiple existing transport links because it's within a city, much like Pittodrie (and not like Kingsford).

Hearts will get nowhere near our corporate income. 

34 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Yeh, your plan is to spend £20m on reducing the capacity of Pittodrie and therefore the club's ability to make money? And it doesn't include the cost of a separate training ground.

And we're the crack smokers?

Your plan is to spend what will eventually be, discounting the sale of Pittodrie and not including the cost of a separate training ground, £35m+ on a full stadium at Kingsford, with all the inconvenience of the location, which will blooter the club's ability to make money. 

I think £20m on two new stands and bigger crowds at Pittodrie is a better idea. Maybe you're right and having small crowds at Kingsford is a better idea. But we'll be able to have 10,000 empty seats which would be better than an 18k capacity Pittodrie. Clever.

Quick reminder that the club's own sums of Kingsford have £28,000,000 coming from 'sponsors, donations, naming rights, grants, debentures etc. etc.' thus apparently only requiring a £7.1m loan which we will just be able to meet the repayment of if we maintain the same average crowds as now.

That's with them still going with the £50m cost all in, despite all the new additions and requirements they have conceded. 

1 minute ago, COYR said:

Your plan is to spend what will eventually be, discounting the sale of Pittodrie and not including the cost of a separate training ground, £35m+ on a full stadium at Kingsford, with all the inconvenience of the location, which will blooter the club's ability to make money. 

The training ground is part of the development at Kingsford.

1 minute ago, COYR said:

I think £20m on two new stands and bigger crowds at Pittodrie is a better idea. 

Where is this £20m cost coming from? It's just a figure you've made up. 

Bigger crowds? In a smaller stadium? Try again.

1 minute ago, COYR said:

Maybe you're right and having small crowds at Kingsford is a better idea. But we'll be able to have 10,000 empty seats which would be better than an 18k capacity Pittodrie. Clever.

How do you know crowds will be smaller at Kingsford? This is just more shite that you're making up to try and justify a ridiculous idea of spending millions on decreasing the size of the stadium and future income.

1 minute ago, Dunty said:

The training ground is part of the development at Kingsford.

Where is this £20m cost coming from? It's just a figure you've made up. 

Bigger crowds? In a smaller stadium? Try again.

How do you know crowds will be smaller at Kingsford? This is just more shite that you're making up to try and justify a ridiculous idea of spending millions on decreasing the size of the stadium and future income.

"The training ground is part of the development at Kingsford."

I didn't say it wasn't.

"Where is this £20m cost coming from? It's just a figure you've made up."

Give us your estimate of a stand the same as Hearts which just cost £14m and a 1,200 capacity stand.

"Bigger crowds? In a smaller stadium? Try again"

Seriously biting my tongue here, but if a stadium is 18,000 capacity with 14,000 crowds, and another has a capacity of 20,000 but 11,000 crowds, which one has bigger crowds.

"How do you know crowds will be smaller at Kingsford? This is just more shite that you're making up to try and justify a ridiculous idea of spending millions on decreasing the size of the stadium and future income."

:lol:

29 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

Hearts will get nowhere near our corporate income. 

That's not because they haven't got a pane of glass in front of their hospitality guests. 

Besides, Hearts have an atmospheric stadium with steep stands, tight to the pitch, in the middle of a city and community and they also sell out most weeks. I'd trade that for more corporate income.

10 minutes ago, COYR said:

"The training ground is part of the development at Kingsford."

I didn't say it wasn't.

Then why are you saying the club need to raise £35m "not including the cost of a training ground" when it does include the cost of a training ground?

If you're not including the training ground then knock £10m off it. 

10 minutes ago, COYR said:

"Bigger crowds? In a smaller stadium? Try again"

Seriously biting my tongue here, but if a stadium is 18,000 capacity with 14,000 crowds, and another has a capacity of 20,000 but 11,000 crowds, which one has bigger crowds.

So crowds at a rebuilt Pittodrie will be 14,000? Smaller than the 16,000 average this season - I take it that's because we're losing 2,000 every time we have a capacity crowd (and that's if you can get it to 18,000, which I seriously doubt). That's what £20m gets you apparently.

And you've worked out it'll be 11,000 at Kingsford - based on what? More of your fantasy figures.

Just now, Dunty said:

Then why are you saying the club need to raise £35m "not including the cost of a training ground" when it does include the cost of a training ground?

So crowds at a rebuilt Pittodrie will be 14,000? Smaller than the 16,000 average this season - I take it that's because we're losing 2,000 every time we have a capacity crowd (and that's if you can get it to 18,000, which I seriously doubt). That's what £20m gets you apparently.

And you've worked out it'll be 11,000 at Kingsford - based on what? More of your fantasy figures.

You don't really believe we've averaged 16,000 this season, do you?

1 minute ago, Dunty said:

The club are saying it will cost £40m for a 12.5 hectares development. Car parks. Roads. All the infrastructure. A footbridge. Road and pavement alterations all the way to Kingswells. A 20,000 seater stadium with mass amounts of corporate and community facilities. Giant stadium TVs. Corners. Bars. Cafes. Shops.

You don't question that at all, but you repeatedly question £20m for 2 basic stands on their own footprint of 9,000 and nothing else :lol:

You also don't question £28,000,000 of free money from 'sponsors, grants etc etc' so I'm sure you have no problem with us raising the money for Pittodrie.

29 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

That's not because they haven't got a pane of glass in front of their hospitality guests. 

Besides, Hearts have an atmospheric stadium with steep stands, tight to the pitch, in the middle of a city and community and they also sell out most weeks. I'd trade that for more corporate income.

They don’t sell out most weeks. They get 16k home fans on a good day.

I had a quick look at the prices for corporate hospitality at Aberdeen and the 10 person boxes in the RDS are more expensive per season than the equivalent corporate hospitality for 10 by £10k

About £1,000 per head or an extra £120k a year for all 12 boxes

so conceivably Hearts could have made more by putting glass boxes at the back of the new Stand assuming we can ignore the question of whether they would reduce the number of other corporate seats available

But even if the facilities were identical the big difference is that Aberdeen are the only show in their town

In Edinburgh corporate hospitality at Hearts is going to be second best to corporate hospitality at Murrayfield

1 hour ago, COYR said:

The club are saying it will cost £40m for a 12.5 hectares development. Car parks. Roads. All the infrastructure. A footbridge. Road and pavement alterations all the way to Kingswells. A 20,000 seater stadium with mass amounts of corporate and community facilities. Giant stadium TVs. Corners. Bars. Cafes. Shops.

You don't question that at all,

It you look at similar sized new football stadiums around Europe that have been built in recent years, £40m seems about right, and I'm pretty sure the club have gone to the effort of actually working out the cost.

You've made up a capacity, made up a cost, made up what the crowds would be, and anyone who doesn't believe you must be on drugs. And when questioned on it you just use some emojis.

You're either off your head or trolling.

31 minutes ago, Dunty said:

It you look at similar sized new football stadiums around Europe that have been built in recent years, £40m seems about right, and I'm pretty sure the club have gone to the effort of actually working out the cost.

You've made up a capacity, made up a cost, made up what the crowds would be, and anyone who doesn't believe you must be on drugs. And when questioned on it you just use some emojis.

You're either off your head or trolling.

£40m doesn't seem about right at all. A lot of them cost more than that, in countries where it's cheap as chips, a couple of years ago and on footprints not much larger than the stadium itself. The 2 new super corporate Kingsfordish stands of 17,000 at Ashton Gate cost £45m!

"You've made up a capacity" no I've used the actual capacity of the stands in question

"made up a cost" again

"made up what the crowds would be" yes you corrected me that crowds at Pittodrie are currently larger. My kingsford estimate is based on what crowds drop by at the slightest inconvenience or change at Pittodrie. The laughable lack of choice, the waiting, the time on buses (40 minutes from town is not a short jaunt), parking in a fucking park and ride 2 or 10 miles away will UNDOUBTEDLY lead to many many people not going and anyone who says otherwise is indeed an idiot and probably doesn't go to football anyway.

Im sure it’s not new information but another article on the BBC with Stewart Regan saying Aberdeen won’t get Internationals without the new stadium.

"Pittodrie can only ever achieve the silver level of the Scottish FA's licensing regime because of its field and dressing room dimensions, spectator areas, the provision for disabled fans and the media facilities," he explained. 

"We are keen to see clubs across the country invest and develop their own facilities and, in Aberdeen's case, the new stadium will ensure that they can continue to be able to host top European fixtures locally in front of their own fans."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42691444?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sportsound&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=scotland