The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Genuine question since I've never been to the area; what is there around there?

The town of Westhill is 10 minutes walk away. There's bars (plural) and plenty of places to eat. Yes, and a costa if that's your thing.

Head in the other direction towards prime four and there's a big hotel. There is also talk of a retail unit opening there.

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

There’s a Costco nearby...

Two pubs within half an hour’s walk if I’m not mistaken, one of which is attached to a premier inn.

Shepherds Rest, Westhill Inn, Broadstraik Inn, Key West, and the golf club & Red Star if yer feeling energetic. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye just seen that. Costa (coffee is shit) is across the road from the Premier Inn. Drinking pricey pints at a Premier Inn that is a half hour walk away doesn't sound all that appealing. Plus you have to hope it's not one of those hotels that ask for your room number when you order a pint.

none of the FOUR pubs in Westhill/Elrick are 30 minutes away. Shepherds Rest will be 5 minutes walk. Westhill in & Key West under 10. Broadstraik maybe 15 if yer slow. 

There’s no pubs there now, which isn’t the same as there won’t be any pubs if and when the thing is built, or in the years after.

Building a pub next to a football ground to cater for once-a-fortnight crowds isn't a sustainable business model. If pubs do open, they'll soon close again.

Pubs open in large population centres to ensure that they can make money on any given day. Sensible football clubs do the same.

8 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

none of the FOUR pubs in Westhill/Elrick are 30 minutes away. Shepherds Rest will be 5 minutes walk. Westhill in & Key West under 10. Broadstraik maybe 15 if yer slow. 

You won’t get many in the bar at the Holiday Inn or the Sheperds Rest or even the Broadstraik (if you ever get served, I know I’m in there often enough)  and Key West isn’ t huge. The Premier Inn has it’s own problems unless you book a room. I think town is a bit more attractive.

17 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

You won’t get many in the bar at the Holiday Inn or the Sheperds Rest or even the Broadstraik (if you ever get served, I know I’m in there often enough)  and Key West isn’ t huge. The Premier Inn has it’s own problems unless you book a room. I think town is a bit more attractive.

Right, but, we've established for the very few who will have a 45 minute wait, there's enough to keep you entertained?

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Mendacity noun untruthfulness.

synonyms:

lying, untruthfulness, dishonesty, deceit, deceitfulness, deception, dissembling, insincerity, disingenuousness, hypocrisy, fraud, fraudulence, double-dealing, two-timing, duplicity, perjury, perfidy

Westhill shopping centre has an M&S, A Costa, a Home Bargains, a Co-op, a Domino’s, a chippy, 3 Indian/Chinese carry-outs and the Key West (a pub with a capacity of maybe 100). There’s also a plethora of card & gift shops…

There’s a Holiday Inn (hasn’t been the Westhill Inn for 10 years) across the road with an American Sports Bar themed public bar that might hold 50.

Not far off there’s a Tesco and a Brewers Fare style restaurant.

The other end of town, actually in  Elrick 2 miles away, is the Broadstraik Inn restaurant. About 2 miles in the other direction there’s the Fourmile House, another restaurant.  The Red Star is 3.5 miles (1 Hr walk away) and is now Da Giorgio Trattoria :lol:

Anyone suggesting these are pubs in the style of the Scotia, Pittodrie, Bobbin Mill, Red Lion, Archibald Simpson’s etc etc and so forth is probably the sort of rustic dimwit whose only dealing with the city is mendacity

Edited by EdTheDuck

1 hour ago, Dunty said:

Right, but, we've established for the very few who will have a 45 minute wait, there's enough to keep you entertained?

Best just wandering about in Tesco, if you can get in. Football fans won't be the only ones visiting Westhill. It will be warmer than standing in a queue for a bus.

A couple pages ago the main Kingsford cheerleaders were telling us we’d be out of there so quick we’d be prone to time dilation effects. No need to worry about missing out on pub time, we could text the barman as we left the ground and be sipping the pint before the head evaporated.

Now there’s plenty to do and in fact the surrounding area is a football fan’s amusement arcade. In fact there’s so much entertainment available in these pastoral surroundings why bother going to the game at all?

It’s almost like they’re desperately scrabbling around because they’re talking shite?

So much anger in this thread.

Don’t think anyone would pick kingsford as the first choice but some people are maybe just choosing not to lose the head and suggest the club will go into oblivion over it.

I get that it’s a huge thing for the club but so much anger towards people who might want to have a positive outlook on it is baffling to me.

3 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

synonyms:

lying, untruthfulness, dishonesty, deceit, deceitfulness, deception, dissembling, insincerity, disingenuousness, hypocrisy, fraud, fraudulence, double-dealing, two-timing, duplicity, perjury, perfidy

]Westhill shopping centre Key West (a pub with a capacity of maybe 100). 

There’s a Holiday Inn (hasn’t been the Westhill Inn for 10 years) across the road with an American Sports Bar themed public bar that might hold 50.

Brilliant. Key west only holds 100 apparently, the Westhill hotel (which has two bars by the way, and also a huge function suite that they may see a money making opportunity from by opening on match day) only holds 50.

No Kingsford levels of nonsense now.

Edited by Dunty

20 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So much anger in this thread.

Don’t think anyone would pick kingsford as the first choice but some people are maybe just choosing not to lose the head and suggest the club will go into oblivion over it.

I get that it’s a huge thing for the club but so much anger towards people who might want to have a positive outlook on it is baffling to me.

Any anger is directed at the various members of the board over the years. They have put us into this situation thanks to their neglect of Pittodrie and failure to make the most of the opportunities that were available to them over the last 25 years.

At the same time they managed to run up cumulative losses of something in the region of £25M over the same period although some of ours fans held up one of their number as some kind of saviour for underwriting the debt to keep the bank off our back. The debt he was fucking instrumental in running up in the first place.

It also coincided with the longest trophy-free run the club has endured in the modern (post-war) era and some of the darkest, most painful times in the history of the club. Finishing bottom of the league. Having to endure relegation playoffs. KO’d from the cups & Europe by part-timers.

And now we have to listen to our esteemed chairman wish upon a star for a Stronger Rangers.

Too fucking right there’s anger.

Any anger is directed at the various members of the board over the years. They have put us into this situation thanks to their neglect of Pittodrie and failure to make the most of the opportunities that were available to them over the last 25 years.

At the same time they managed to run up cumulative losses of something in the region of £25M over the same period although some of ours fans held up one of their number as some kind of saviour for underwriting the debt to keep the bank off our back. The debt he was fucking instrumental in running up in the first place.

It also coincided with the longest trophy-free run the club has endured in the modern (post-war) era and some of the darkest, most painful times in the history of the club. Finishing bottom of the league. Having to endure relegation playoffs. KO’d from the cups & Europe by part-timers.

And now we have to listen to our esteemed chairman wish upon a star for a Stronger Rangers.

Too fucking right there’s anger.

Oh you have no arguments from me there don’t worry!

15 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Brilliant. Key west only holds 100 apparently, the Westhill hotel (which has two bars by the way, and also a huge function suite that they may see a money making opportunity from by opening on match day) only holds 50.

No Kingsford levels of nonsense now.

:lol:

Oh the Key West holds, what,  150?  200? Problem solved.

Which is the other bar in the Holiday Inn West?  Luigi's Italian Restaurant or the all-seated Glentannar Lounge (which advertises 'serves breakfast, dinner, Desert')?  And they *may* see a money making opportunity may they? Then again they *may* not, eh?

7 hours ago, Dunty said:

It doesn't matter how many explanations are made to you, you live in your own little bubble where the Sims are real and you can build what you like without having to worry about cost or modern building regulations.

:lol::lol::lol:

Your entire wealth of knowledge is based off your incorrect interpretations of the incorrect interpretations of some boy on Donstalk who thinks the RDS is built where it is so there's an equivalent sized concourse behind it :lol::lol:

By the way, another of your mistakes is about Tynecastle not being allowed if it was built now. That's nothing to do with the footprint of the stands or the angle of the seating.

Also, to save me quoting another one of your posts, Aberdeen could not build a stadium with an open terrace. I actually thought that was the worst of your comments, until you said let's build a stand like St Mirren's.

You can have terracing. f**k knows why you keep saying you can't. I didn't say build a stand like St Mirren's, I was using that as a marker for a stand of the capacity mentioned.

You still can't give a price or rationale for anything. I was right long ago when I said there was no point discussing it and I'd be wasting my time.

4 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

synonyms:

Westhill shopping centre has an M&S, A Costa, a Home Bargains, a Co-op, a Domino’s, a chippy, 3 Indian/Chinese carry-outs and the Key West (a pub with a capacity of maybe 100). There’s also a plethora of card & gift shops…

Not far off there’s a Tesco and a Brewers Fare style restaurant.

The other end of town, actually in  Elrick 2 miles away, is the Broadstraik Inn restaurant. About 2 miles in the other direction there’s the Fourmile House, another restaurant.  The Red Star is 3.5 miles (1 Hr walk away) and is now Da Giorgio Trattoria :lol:

Anyone suggesting these are pubs in the style of the Scotia, Pittodrie, Bobbin Mill, Red Lion, Archibald Simpson’s etc etc and so forth is probably the sort of rustic dimwit whose only dealing with the city is mendacity

Let's face it...it's a stadium for posh arses, which is a fair chunk of the Aberdeen support.

A couple pages ago the main Kingsford cheerleaders were telling us we’d be out of there so quick we’d be prone to time dilation effects. No need to worry about missing out on pub time, we could text the barman as we left the ground and be sipping the pint before the head evaporated.

Now there’s plenty to do and in fact the surrounding area is a football fan’s amusement arcade. In fact there’s so much entertainment available in these pastoral surroundings why bother going to the game at all?

It’s almost like they’re desperately scrabbling around because they’re talking shite?

Kingsford is apparently still in the city of Aberdeen yet you can walk to a pub at the far end of end of Westhill in less than 15 minutes.