The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm stupid yet you keep deciding that everyone will travel to Kingsford from the city centre?

Not unreasonably surely? When I've come up to games I've come by train and walked to the ground. The city centre is a transport hub for the city. 

Edited by Mr Heliums

Just now, Mr Heliums said:

Not unreasonably surely? When I've come up to games I've come by train and walked to the ground. The city centre is a transport hub and a focal point of the city. 

It's not up to the home team to have a transport structure in place for away fans though. It's going to be easier for away fans who travel by car and bus to get to the new ground in any case.

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

Is Kingsford a half hour walk from the city centre like you tried to claim it was, or were you comprehensively talking utter shite?

Even Milne didn't have the balls to try and pass that lie off.  M5.png.b389c39a707cbeac19ef59063f2466e2.png

Wow. We were talking about Pittodrie. Pittodrie from the City centre is a half hour walk, as your post stated. You were responding to my post which stated:

I think it speaks volumes that the majority of folk upvoting posts stating the location of the stadium should be in the City Centre are from fans of other clubs with no real grasp of the current location etc.

If you're to look at a map of Aberdeen, it's hardly in an ideal location as it is.

You've jumped in two footed and made a c**t of it though.

Yes I can't think why they didn't want to match a stadium that cost a billion to build.
Some of the complaints on here are valid but so much hysterical bed wetting nonsense. Fucking retractable roofs, get a grip. :lol:

It’s definitely not a 15 minute bus. I’d say it’s closer to 20 and that’s not accounting for the traffic on a match day up there which is usually not great. Then you are restricted to the bus times. More often than not you end up getting a taxi and even then I’ve had to jump out because I’m going to miss kick off.

I think you’re absolutely deluded. You think this is going to be a stroll getting to the ground. It’s going to be a nightmare.

Also I’m not expecting Aberdeen to spend a billion on a stadium - but you don’t need a billion to build a quality modern stadium with character. Mr Milne is going for the cheap option that was popular during the 90-00s but is now very much out of fashion, out of fashion because it’s boring and shite. Yet people like you are being duped into thinking this is class.

Luton and Brentford - two diddy London sides are getting new stadiums that look better than your donny bowl.

IMG_5073.jpg

IMG_5074.jpg

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

It’s definitely not a 15 minute bus. I’d say it’s closer to 20 and that’s not accounting for the traffic on a match day up there which is usually not great. Then you are restricted to the bus times. More often than not you end up getting a taxi and even then I’ve had to jump out because I’m going to miss kick off.

I think you’re absolutely deluded. You think this is going to be a stroll getting to the ground. It’s going to be a nightmare.

Also I’m not expecting Aberdeen to spend a billion on a stadium - but you don’t need a billion to build a quality modern stadium with character. Mr Milne is going for the cheap option that was popular during the 90-00s but is now very much out of fashion, out of fashion because it’s boring and shite. Yet people like you are being duped into thinking this is class.

Luton and Brentford - two diddy London sides are getting new stadiums that look better than your donny bowl.

IMG_5073.jpg

IMG_5074.jpg

Why?

24 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's not up to the home team to have a transport structure in place for away fans though. It's going to be easier for away fans who travel by car and bus to get to the new ground in any case.

Wow. We were talking about Pittodrie. Pittodrie from the City centre is a half hour walk, as your post stated. You were responding to my post which stated:

I think it speaks volumes that the majority of folk upvoting posts stating the location of the stadium should be in the City Centre are from fans of other clubs with no real grasp of the current location etc.

If you're to look at a map of Aberdeen, it's hardly in an ideal location as it is.

You've jumped in two footed and made a c**t of it though.

Dons fans conned by Milne. Too much time and effort spent on attacking the nimbys and everyone is now beginning to realise what the move to Kingsford will mean. If anyone is in any doubt, have a drive along the A944 on a Saturday afternoon and experience the complete cock up the new roundabout is. Goodness knows where the 100+ buses are going to go.

9 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Google maps list it as 16 minutes and when I went there last time Aberdeen played at it it was no more than 20-25 at the absolute most. This is not the incredibly complicated route that you gave as an example of Scottish football making things as difficult as possible.

Whether those stadiums look better or not is pretty subjective. Personally I think both those designs look pretty ugly. Not sure how they look that much better than the Darlington stadium. Couldn't find a budget for the Luton one but the Brentford stadium is budgeted at £75 million and that's just a stadium and not a training facility as well.

How are Aberdeen going for the cheap option? That would imply that they have the money to spend and have gone for a less expensive option. I think the whole project is budgeted at £50 million. How much money do you think Aberdeen have? At the moment we don't even have the money to do that and have to look for outside funding. Presumably the club should near bankrupt itself to satisfy the unrealistic demands of other fans?

3 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Dons fans conned by Milne. Too much time and effort spent on attacking the nimbys and everyone is now beginning to realise what the move to Kingsford will mean. If anyone is in any doubt, have a drive along the A944 on a Saturday afternoon and experience the complete cock up the new roundabout is. Goodness knows where the 100+ buses are going to go.

I'm under no illusions that there will be initial teething problems. It's not going to be a nghitmare or disastrous as some folk have claimed.

21 hours ago, ForzaDundee said:

Been to plenty games in Germany where stadiums are in industrial estates in the outskirts yet fans get busses to games from outside the train station. It works very well and makes a great atmosphere in the town centre in the lead up to games so no reason why it can't be replicated here.

I'd like to put a bet on Aberdeen's average attendances increasing significantly following the stadium move and calls for an increase in the stadium capacity will start within a few years of the stadium opening. 

St Johnstone's average attendances nearly tripled in the first few years at McDiarmid Park.......

Just now, Tibbermoresaint said:

McD is in Perth, it isn't miles away from the city.

I know, I'm originally from Perth. I was making the point that after the new novelty factor had worn off, it's location started becoming an issue for people attending.

I think Kingsford will be the same for Aberdeen. 

Just now, sjc said:

I know, I'm originally from Perth. I was making the point that after the new novelty factor had worn off, it's location started becoming an issue for people attending.

It will be up to the club to capitalise on whatever spike we gain from it.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

It will be up to the club to capitalise on whatever spike we gain from it.

St Johnstone have just had their most successful era of their entire history and attendances have hardly budged.....

Yep. First season, second one as well if you’re lucky will see an average crowd of 18,000+. Dons fans will come on here and tell us “remember they said nobody would go to games, look who’s laughing now! CHORTLE” and then after season two crowds will plummet when the novelty wears off and folk can’t be arsed anymore. Crowds will average below 10,000 and Dons fans will start to realise the reality of having a stadium in the countryside. Bookmark this.

Just now, sjc said:

St Johnstone have just had their most successful era of their entire history and attendances have hardly budged.....

Apples and oranges though. We're getting an extra 5,000ish in compared to a decade ago. If we can keep ourselves up around the top of the league with constant semi finals and finals then I can't see that dropping because we've moved a few miles away from the city.

Just now, jamamafegan said:

Yep. First season, second one as well if you’re lucky will see an average crowd of 18,000+. Dons fans will come on here and tell us “remember they said nobody would go to games, look who’s laughing now! CHORTLE” and then after season two crowds will plummet when the novelty wears off and folk can’t be arsed anymore. Crowds will average below 10,000 and Dons fans will start to realise the reality of having a stadium in the countryside. Bookmark this.

I can tell you right now we'll have an average of nowhere near 18,000 in the first season. We'll also not average below 10,000 whilst we are at the top end of the league and competing for the cups.

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Everytime I look at the design of the new ground I die a little inside. Its basically a replica of the Darlington arena. Absolutely no thought has been put into the design. Spurs build a state of the art world class stadium and the best thing the third biggest team in Scotland can muster is a Scottish Darlington arena. Or Doncaster. Take your pick.

Heavy pish.

You're seriously comparing a team from probably the richest league in the world, to a team in the Scottish Premiership?