The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

1 hour ago, resk said:
5 hours ago, Merkland Red said:
My comment was in regards to his "there's virtually no public transport" comment. Shouldn't be hard to comprehend, I even highlighted the point with bold text emoji6.png
In regards to folks 'concerns', I've seen about three Aberdeen fans making concerned comments. Every other one posting seems to be for the stadium and then all the other concerned dissenters are fans of opposing teams.

I think I posted a few times already in this thread, but for what it's worth I'm against Kingsford and I think it's going to be fucking shite. I do agree that I seem to be in the minority of Dons fans, though.

Folk are beginning to realise what a mistake Kingsford is. You are by no means alone.

I have absolutely no idea where this is in relation to the new stadium but I have a friend who lives in Dyce (no idea how big Dyce is either but he lives a couple of streets away from BP offices) and he got a survey thing through today asking his opinion on tram links into Aberdeen.

Does Aberdeen already have trams in the city centre and, if so, would this be a possible solution to the transport issues?

18 hours ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

McD is in Perth, it isn't miles away from the city.

McDiarmid is, literally, miles from the city centre. It's over 2 miles from Mill Street and a 50 minute walk from the nearest train station.

On the crowd issue, folk seem to be under some misapprehension about our crowds at Muirton. Theyd regularly dip into three figures for midweek games, and the average attendance most season was only boosted by mammoth crowds against the bigger sides and/or Dundee. I'm fairly sure our average is pretty much exactly the same as the final chunk of seasons at Muirton.

I'd be stunned if, within 10 years of Aberdeen moving stadium, the city hasn't started to grow towards.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

McDiarmid is, literally, miles from the city centre. It's over 2 miles from Mill Street and a 50 minute walk from the nearest train station.

On the crowd issue, folk seem to be under some misapprehension about our crowds at Muirton. Theyd regularly dip into three figures for midweek games, and the average attendance most season was only boosted by mammoth crowds against the bigger sides and/or Dundee. I'm fairly sure our average is pretty much exactly the same as the final chunk of seasons at Muirton.

I'd be stunned if, within 10 years of Aberdeen moving stadium, the city hasn't started to grow towards.

McDiarmid is in the city. Kingsford isn't. McD is within walking distance of Letham and Tulloch, with the walking being done on city streets. Kingsford is within walking distance of nowhere with any walking being done on country lanes.

You can't compare attendances at McD with Muirton as we're literally in a different league now to the ones we were in then. 

I find it bizarre that people think Aberdeen will grow outwards towards the stadium. It's a one-industry town and that industry is contracting and has a finite future. If anything its population will fall and the city will shrink.

6 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I have absolutely no idea where this is in relation to the new stadium but I have a friend who lives in Dyce (no idea how big Dyce is either but he lives a couple of streets away from BP offices) and he got a survey thing through today asking his opinion on tram links into Aberdeen.

Does Aberdeen already have trams in the city centre and, if so, would this be a possible solution to the transport issues?

With the new by pass it is relatively easy to get from Dyce to Kingsford.

20 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

McDiarmid is in the city. Kingsford isn't. McD is within walking distance of Letham and Tulloch, with the walking being done on city streets. Kingsford is within walking distance of nowhere with any walking being done on country lanes.

You can't compare attendances at McD with Muirton as we're literally in a different league now to the ones we were in then. 

I find it bizarre that people think Aberdeen will grow outwards towards the stadium. It's a one-industry town and that industry is contracting and has a finite future. If anything its population will fall and the city will shrink.

The first bit about Mcdiarmid I agree with, the second bit you don't know what will happen in Aberdeen, the industries they rely on are still ongoing, whether they diversify to include others you haven't a clue about, not so sure the population will shrink by that much tbh.

24 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Fair points, tbf, but Aberdeens population has been rising every year since 2001.

28 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

New stadium development is within Aberdeen City.

Although you could stand on the south-west corner of the site and hit the 'welcome to Aberdeenshire' sign with a stone

31 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The first bit about Mcdiarmid I agree with, the second bit you don't know what will happen in Aberdeen, the industries they rely on are still ongoing, whether they diversify to include others you haven't a clue about, not so sure the population will shrink by that much tbh.

They've been talking about diversification for decades but have achieved the square root of nothing. Prior to the oil boom Aberdeen was smaller than Dundee. Who would get against that happening again after the boom?

23 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:

New stadium development is within Aberdeen City.

Although you could stand on the south-west corner of the site and hit the 'welcome to Aberdeenshire' sign with a stone

It may be within the city council area but it certainly isn't within the city.

2 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

They've been talking about diversification for decades but have achieved the square root of nothing. Prior to the oil boom Aberdeen was smaller than Dundee. Who would get against that happening again after the boom?

You may be right, you may be wrong, Ken what, I dinnae really give a f**k tbh.

Pointless post. It may be an ideal location for folk who bus to Union street beforehand or live within walking distance but it's a nightmare for anyone traveling by car.

Folk travelling by car to a football match without a very good reason to = conservative voters who should be the very last priority in any consultation plans on a new ground.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

On the crowd issue, folk seem to be under some misapprehension about our crowds at Muirton. Theyd regularly dip into three figures for midweek games, and the average attendance most season was only boosted by mammoth crowds against the bigger sides and/or Dundee.

Should read "bigger sides like Dundee."

8 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

By car or bus Dyce to Kingsford should be doable in around 10 mins, the tram survey may be part of a plan to try & reinstate what used to be the old Aberdeen to Peterhead/Fraserburgh rail line that passes through Dyce. Dyce station could possibly be used as another shuttle point to avoid city centre traffic 

5 minutes ago, peternapper said:

By car or bus Dyce to Kingsford should be doable in around 10 mins, the tram survey may be part of a plan to try & reinstate what used to be the old Aberdeen to Peterhead/Fraserburgh rail line that passes through Dyce. Dyce station could possibly be used as another shuttle point to avoid city centre traffic 

It gets more and more complicated by the day. Where are all the buses /cars supposed to go ?

Anyone that thinks Aberdeen population will not continue to grow significantly is deluded. The population of every city in Scotland will continue to grow through immigration we have plenty space, resources and most significantly a perfect climate. The future 100 years from now is a Glasgow-Edinburgh megacity and below graphs show despite perceived growth in the past we've actually had very little. England does not have the capacity for much more growth and people will increasingly look to move to Scotland.

AtkyVmB1-Xe_2HEiVNzLyZoIme7Y5xAUgNGAeUrJ

popgrowth2.png