Richard Leonard

Colkitto

31 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I always worry they get somebody competent in but I am not sure they have anyone competent anymore. 

They really fucked up badly by not focusing on Holyrood and sending what little talent they had to Westminster, to his credit, Blair was angry about it at the time. The SNP had some disastrous MPs selected in the rush of 2015 but at least they were kept away from the apparatus of government.

Just now, harry94 said:

They really fucked up badly by not focusing on Holyrood and sending what little talent they had to Westminster, to his credit, Blair was angry about it at the time. The SNP had some disastrous MPs selected in the rush of 2015 but at least they were kept away from the apparatus of government.

I got the impression it was the politicians themselves rather than their bosses who saw Holyrood as a place for losers with no ambition. 

• 2 months later...

I've just looked at the Labour MSPs currently in Holyrood. Can anybody see any of them standing up and saying that they agree with McDonnell? If someone in the party doesn't stand up and call for them to become representative of what seems to be a growing swing to indy, then surely they will become even more of an irrelevance. 

I noticed on LBC tonight (after the two English callers saying they wanted England to kick Scotland out of the UK and the craven Scot who phoned in after and begged to stay) a guy from Edinburgh rang in. He lamented that there was no one to challenge Sturgeon in Scotland since Cosplay had been on mat leave and “the Labour guy” (neither he nor Tom Swarbrick knew Leonard’s name) who followed “Nicola Dugdale” was useless.

Slab 😂 A mere four years after leading the march of UK nationalism and the UKNats have abandoned them. The “No Surrender” brigade are fickle whores - they’ll drop their scants for whoever screams, “RULE BRITANNIA” loudest.

I noticed on LBC tonight (after the two English callers saying they wanted England to kick Scotland out of the UK and the craven Scot who phoned in after and begged to stay) a guy from Edinburgh rang in. He lamented that there was no one to challenge Sturgeon in Scotland since Cosplay had been on mat leave and “the Labour guy” (neither he nor Tom Swarbrick knew Leonard’s name) who followed “Nicola Dugdale” was useless.
Slab [emoji23] A mere four years after leading the march of UK nationalism and the UKNats have abandoned them. The “No Surrender” brigade are fickle whores - they’ll drop their scants for whoever screams, “RULE BRITANNIA” loudest.
The craven 'Gavin Hastings' types who beg to stay are really the worst type imo.

Surely it's easy enough for them to agree on this...

Scottish labour do not want a second referendum, and will campaign against it. But if the Scottish government get it through the parliament then a labour government in London won't block it.

That's not too difficult.

Surely it's easy enough for them to agree on this...

Scottish labour do not want a second referendum, and will campaign against it. But if the Scottish government get it through the parliament then a labour government in London won't block it.

That's not too difficult.
Apparently it is too difficult.