Moral dilemnas

8 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

We had one of these threads before and I think it reached new heights of depravity when Ad Lib spent a good while mulling over whether he’d suck off his Dad to save his Mums life. 

Done worse to my dad to be honest.:(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Situation: There's a town full of near-death hunger-struck citizens in a permanently drought-stricken area that will certainly procreate en mass if saved by an already stretched charity's donations, quadrupling the problem in just a few years time. If nobody dies next year then it will be nothing short of a miracle considering they already have a 90% chance of death. Survival also absolutely relies on 4x the current amount being raised.

Question: Save the handful now and give them all a chance or let them them starve for what you may perceive to be the greater good and save probable misery for hundreds.

What do you do?

ec26ea7e63820bd718a48c7bbb913212.gif

Shared Singburi +1 like

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The answer to all dilemmas is to carry on and pretend you never seen or heard anything.

Die Antwort auf alle Dilemmata ist, weiterzumachen und so zu tun, als hättest du nie etwas gesehen oder gehört.

Say a  guy at work has moved offices, and you're clearing his desk, and come across discover a picture if him sitting in a shrine to Hitler, surrounded by Nazi memorabilia.
What do you do?

f**k it, get him grassed on. If someone had grassed up Hitler earlier we could have avoided a lot of bother. By not grassing, you’re worse than Hitler.
(Plus it’ll no doubt cause a fair bit of reaction here)

16 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Say a  guy at work has moved offices, and you're clearing his desk, and come across discover a picture if him sitting in a shrine to Hitler, surrounded by Nazi memorabilia.

What do you do?

Do you listen to Wittertainment? Just curious about the use of dilemna rather than dilemma.

15 hours ago, throbber said:

What’s the dilemma though, whether you report him to the boss or not? The easiest thing to do would just be pretend you never saw it, just because he is photographed with Nazi memorabilia doesn’t mean he’s even a Nazi, he could just be interested in WW2 attire.

And members of the KKK are probably just interested in bed linen. 

6 hours ago, sjc said:

If you'd had one from your Mum then you'd understand why......

6 hours ago, throbber said:

His mum was too stubbly for my liking.

I've been ill for the past few days. These mental images are not helping  :wacko:

24 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Situation: A certain "OP" thinks the word "dilemma" is spelled "dilemna"

Question: Do I tell him and risk embarrassing him? Or do I tell the world and let everyone know I'm a pedantic arsehole?

It's a weird one as dilemna has been used (incorrectly?) in print since at least the 1850s without being cited as typo. The OED now points out it's spelled with an mm, not mn (in an acknowledgement of the frequency of the other spelling). People swear they were taught it in schools etc too but dilemna never appeared in any dictionaries etc.

Possibly evidence of beings crossing over from an alternative universe where everything else is the same except the spelling of dilemma/dilemna.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Do you listen to Wittertainment? Just curious about the use of dilemna rather than dilemma.

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Situation: A certain "OP" thinks the word "dilemma" is spelled "dilemna"

Question: Do I tell him and risk embarrassing him? Or do I tell the world and let everyone know I'm a pedantic arsehole?

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

It's a weird one as dilemna has been used (incorrectly?) in print since at least the 1850s without being cited as typo. The OED now points out it's spelled with an mm, not mn (in an acknowledgement of the frequency of the other spelling). People swear they were taught it in schools etc too but dilemna never appeared in any dictionaries etc.

Possibly evidence of beings crossing over from an alternative universe where everything else is the same except the spelling of dilemma/dilemna.

Well, this is embarrassing. 

Archived