Phrases that scream a***hole

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Artisan

Upcycle

Artisan is very useful shorthand for "overpriced pretentious shite".

It's very considerate of tedious wankers to mark their kohlrabi pickles and quince gin so clearly to avoid them being bought by normal people. 

I'm not sure if you can call a pub an arsehole, but the recent trend for pubs to advertise their menu as "street food". It's cooked in a kitchen with four walls and a ceiling, then brought to me on a ceramic plate, and eaten with a metal knife and fork. In what possible way is that "Street Food" ??

Bonus points if it's advertised as "pop-up street food" ... Especially if it's been there the last 15 years. 

I'm not sure if you can call a pub an arsehole, but the recent trend for pubs to advertise their menu as "street food". It's cooked in a kitchen with four walls and a ceiling, then brought to me on a ceramic plate, and eaten with a metal knife and fork. In what possible way is that "Street Food" ??
Bonus points if it's advertised as "pop-up street food" ... Especially if it's been there the last 15 years. 
Of course you can. Wetherspoons is an arsehole.

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

There's a burger van in Rosyth that has rebranded itself as "Scottish Street Food". Quite admire that. Artisan processed burgers, undercooked bacon rolls etc. 

12 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

"My BMW..." 

Usually interjected into any conversation about cars 

slightly OT but an admirable illustration of the arsehole/car juxtaposition: my (now) boss at work and me were at some tedious meeting with a very successful female print company director; he was braying on about his new mercedes f-class or whatever the f**k it was, some tawdry piece of shit anyway - to which her response,clearly intended to make him look more of a c**t than he had already managed himself, was "oh really - that's exciting for you - if you get a chance, do come up to Brooklands for one of our promo days  - I'm a co-owner of the track and quite often take my Veyron for a spin round there...."