Jags v Dundee 17/02/18

That was a sore one, but as has been said, we are used to it. From the North, Murray looked offside for the first but it's hard to tell from that view. We were comfortable in the first half, but were pretty anonymous in the second bar Erskines great chance to kill the game off and Doolans chance at the end.  The subs were very bizarre. Osmans legs had gone and he was constantly getting caught in possession, which ultimately led to the first goal. In the last 15 minutes I would have shoved Barton at centre half to try and shore things up. We are in big trouble now and the next two games are massive as we have a horrible run in up to the split. 

He looked off to me too.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

He looked off to me too.

You would have a better view from the Main stand but it must have been close. Winning a game like that is the greatest feeling in the world, losing like that is utterly gut wrenching!

In Copenhagen and had WiFi so decided to buy it on Jagzone and watch it. Wish I hadn’t bothered. Second half we just sat deeper and deeper. Said to my mate 20 minutes before Dundee got their first that we’d lose at least one in the last 10 minutes. So fucking predictable.

37 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

What a turn around. The guy next to me was shouting Murray you’re shite for 84 minutes. He would have noshed him off at 90. Probably not deserved but who amongst the Dee cares. McCann was looking at getting his jotters with 6 minutes to go. Glorious.

I thought Dundee-FC92 wasn’t going back to watch Dundee.

Firstly, thanks should be given to thistles live streaming facility - a very, very good service for which I would be more than happy to pay for again.

On to the game I thought thistle utterly dominated the first half, Storey have Kerr a torrid time, which was clearly a tactic from the off.

I thought Kerr (who got caught out the wrong side of Edwards for the goal), McGowan and O'Hara were the worst players in Dark Blue today all of them lost their individual battles.

In the second half it was like a different team came out in Dark Blue shirts. Dundee were more aggressive and started to press on for an equaliser for which Murray had 3 good chances.

McCanns subbies then changed the game. Curran, who the commentators referred to as Spence for around 5 minutes , offered more than Deacon had and his fresh legs started to stretch the game. Then AJLS came on for Moussa - which was a good sub - and looked lively linking with Murray.

I'm happy for Murray getting the goals, as I was happy with his signing. He could have had a hat trick before he scored, however, but he made up for it.

I'm also happy for McCann because his changes changed the game, and after the game through the week he needed that.

A little bit of distance from the bottom now, won't get too excited however as the run of games to the split isn't looking great.

After watching that absolute debacle of a 2nd half where every minute I’m seeing Dundee get more and more space and Murray grow in confidence with each half chance..., it was the gaffers fault.

Archie surely should have seen Woods and Osmans legs go out from under them? Booth and Muzzy also both not match fit and as half progressed we looked likely to loose a goal or two.

We also looked likely to score through Storey and even though he also tired I’d have left him on with Sammon and brought on reinforcements for Woods and Booth.

Lawless, Penrice, Barton all on the bench but end of the day without that 2nd goal we always look likely to drop points.

When will management see this? Doesn’t look likely and this may be a reason we end up in the championship next year.

That Dundee side are horrific. Offer nothing but that wee talented ginger up top. McGowan grafts and is decent but Dundee are poor. At least they were today.

Really have to learn from this so we don’t let it affect Accies and County games coming up. If we don’t we’re not going to stay up. It’s pure and simple.

McCann bringing on Leitch Smith changed the game. We were falling deeper and deeper and LS and Murray started running at a tiring midfield and defence. I am now seriously beginning to be concerned at the fitness levels at Firhill. Dundee had a hard game on Tuesday yet they ran us ragged in the last 20 minutes. Osman, in particular should have been hooked as he was gubbed! As for arch villian Moussa, I thought he put in a good shift for Dundee and for what it's worth the Dundee fans at the game gave him a half decent reception when he was subbed

It’s clear from this game Thistle aren’t fit enough. Booth, Muzzy, Osman, Woods all dead mid way through half. But Archie brings on Doolz for Storey? And Spittal for Erskine? I’m for finding a place for Doolan on the field but he completely missed seeing these lads needing replaced.

Penrice for Booth maybe? And Woods off for Barton?

Maybe I’m talking shite but time after time we lose goals in last ten minutes of games due to poor tactical decision making and no doubt players fitness is not there.

I support Archie but he is not beyond critical examination of his decisions from 80-90mins. Just horrific.

Two points- watched the game on Jag TV. Superb. Lots of cameras. hD. Decent commentators who predicted the Dee win five minutes before it happened.
Second point- we were much more fluent against Killie and lost. (Froze my balls off there!)
I like the Jags so I apologise for stealing the game. Yet that's sweet revenge for the Jaggie robbery last time here.

The blame for this week's standard late capitulation lies squarely with Archie.
Found myself utterly raging for the whole second half - the final outcome was as infuriating as it was predictable!
So comfortable and dominant in the first half and yet inexplicably decided to sit back for the whole second. How many times?!
Agree with others btw that half the team looked done with about 20 mins to go. Two massive games coming up now ....

43 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Firstly, thanks should be given to thistles live streaming facility - a very, very good service for which I would be more than happy to pay for again.

McCanns subbies then changed the game. Curran, who the commentators referred to as Spence for around 5 minutes 

Couldn't agree more about the Jagzone TV. DEE TV could learn a lot from them - HD TV, more than one camera, replays, score and time displayed on the screen - it made me realise how utter shite our service is. 

The reason they kept referring to Jesse Curran as Spence is that they were adamant number 27 was Lewis Spence on the teamsheets they had in front of them. The only things that did my tits in were the co-commentator's almost Old Firm-esque style bias about the second goal when he kept questioning the "legality" of it and the main commentator constantly referring to Glen as "Camera".

Anyhow, it was fucking magic in glorious technicolor. 

Archived