F1 2018

die hard doonhamer

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I would like to see Liberty introduce is a similar concept to the Holmatro Safety Team. They are always fantastic, quickly onsite, with decent equipment to help the drivers and assist with the clear up operation. Would be a real benefit in F1 I reckon.

Well for all the bad luck at Australia, it swung in favor of Lewis today, right place right time to capitalise.

What Red Bull and Horner do next potentially has a major impact on whether Ricciardo commits to them or not for next season.  Max has got away with a lot because Marko backs him up historically, however he was totally at fault for that crash and if there is no internal punishment from Red Bull, can see Ricciardo asking his agent to get in touch with Mercs and Ferrari for next season.

Perez is in the clear so keeps his third

While he probably did nothing to warrant a penalty anyway, I think the new owners have been keen to stop the farce of results changing after the race has finished which was happening too much in the past.

3 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Hamilton complaining about Vettel driving tactics behind the safety car. :lol: he wasn't a great deal better himself at Baku himself last season. Loves a moan when chips are down does our Lewis.

Must admit I did think Vettel was being a bit reckless watching it in real time. The problem was he left it so late to go that every time he accelerated the pack thought it was go. Now i know that is his right as the lead car, but it became dangerous. Maybe limiting the amount of dummies allowed to one could improve safety and still keep things exciting?

3 hours ago, fanny paddery said:

Must admit I did think Vettel was being a bit reckless watching it in real time. The problem was he left it so late to go that every time he accelerated the pack thought it was go. Now i know that is his right as the lead car, but it became dangerous. Maybe limiting the amount of dummies allowed to one could improve safety and still keep things exciting?

Wasn’t he still slowing the pack down even though they had passed the SC line and green flags were waving? You could see how bunched up they were behind him at one point and he should’ve went long before he actually did.

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

Wasn’t he still slowing the pack down even though they had passed the SC line and green flags were waving? You could see how bunched up they were behind him at one point and he should’ve went long before he actually did.

Unlikely as they could just have driven past him then?

48 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Unlikely as they could just have driven past him then?

Good point :lol: was expecting him to floor it as soon as he went round the final 90 degree corner (15?) and it was weird he held back for so long.

Good point [emoji38] was expecting him to floor it as soon as he went round the final 90 degree corner (15?) and it was weird he held back for so long.
Didnt want to give anybody an aero tow for too long along the straight,[emoji6]

5 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Didnt want to give anybody an aero tow for too long along the straight,emoji6.png

Yeah, it is just the nature of the circuit. With turn 1 being so close to the start/finish line I think every driver would have adopted the same tactic. It is the rules that allow him to be reckless, rather than laying the blame all on Vettel

Archived