Scott McTominay

41 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Will score and make a complete c**t out of Harry Maguire at the same time!!!

Things you love to see.

It is an interesting one though, from a physical perspective he's 6 foot 4 and throws himself at defenders he nearly headbutted that Cypriot defenders toe to score. Also his goals never look like clean strikes he gets on the end of them sometomes woth deflections and they just evade everyone. I wonder if he'll be man marked as the main threat. 

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

Things you love to see.

It is an interesting one though, from a physical perspective he's 6 foot 4 and throws himself at defenders he nearly headbutted that Cypriot defenders toe to score. Also his goals never look like clean strikes he gets on the end of them sometomes woth deflections and they just evade everyone. I wonder if he'll be man marked as the main threat. 

His first against Cyprus, second against Spain and his goal against Georgia were all excellent strikes. 

Not usually. As a matter of course I avoid bet builders as they're generally terrible value, but for example on William Hill they have McTominay first scorer 12/1 and Scotland 1-0 11/1, but as these are effectively connected events (i.e. if McTominay scores first then the chances of Scotland winning 1-0 are considerably higher) they reduce the combined odds (which is fair enough but generally the amount they reduce them is excessive), so in this case the combined bet on WH is 75/1. McBookie have the same bet at 180/1 (it's actually over 200/1 now). I assume they do this on all their sports markets which seems crazy.

2 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Tried to go on and get in on this. Even though McT has gone up to 16s, a fiver on this Bet Builder only returns 250 now.

I managed to get this on. It didn't work doing it as a Bet Builder, but adding them to bet slip separately and putting on as a Double is returning over a grand for a fiver atm! Must be a glitch

9 hours ago, pub car king said:

Things you love to see.

I’m not convinced England setup to play anyone in a particular way. They seem setup to nullify their own attack, and be hard to beat. 

My sense is they aren’t as bad as the games against Hungary etc last summer, but neither as they as good as they appeared at the WC.

They’ve got a coach who has stopped taking risks, and now seems to have the same issues he inherited - picking players by their names, and previous form/reliance in a white shirt.

I’m very much a believe of ‘careful what you wish for’ - Southgate’s not all that, but England has had better sides than this that achieved absolutely nothing.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

8 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Tried to go on and get in on this. Even though McT has gone up to 16s, a fiver on this Bet Builder only returns 250 now.

Aye had seen on Sunday he was 7-1 to score anytime, I went to back that last night and he's dropped to 11-2.

9 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

9 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

I managed to get this on. It didn't work doing it as a Bet Builder, but adding them to bet slip separately and putting on as a Double is returning over a grand for a fiver atm! Must be a glitch

Surely must be a glitch, but certainly one that's worth putting a fiver on until it's rectified as it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Must say, that I would love for McSauce to have the game of his life tonight and for something like this to happen to him. In this more advanced role, I think he has been brilliant and is wasted sitting in the stand at Man U, so it would be great for him to show Ten Hag what he can do along with the English media because the likes of Talksport would be all over that.,

9 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

They’ve got a coach who has stopped taking risks, and now seems to have the same issues he inherited - picking players by their names, and previous form/reliance in a white shirt.

I’m very much a believe of ‘careful what you wish for’ - Southgate’s not all that, but England has had better sides than this that achieved absolutely nothing.

Southgate seems smart and self aware enough to realise if he's going down a particular path or taking a wrong turn.

Whatever information he has will be telling him that his approach is the best solution for this England team imo. Everything about him is well thought through, all the bases covered - I'm certain he'll have a good basis and reasoning for his decision making around the England team.

The same issues that have arisen around Southgate's squad (loyalty) are also present in Steve Clarke's squad with similar decision making but the discussion is shaped differently.   

The thing that always confuses me about Southgate's England is that they have some of the most talented young forwards and midfielders in the world who are all smashing it at club level playing in high press systems, however for some reason they choose to sit off instead. 

You can't argue with their recent tournament record but it still has to be said that they have massively struggled against sides of a similar level to them. Nearly every time they have come up against a top ten side they have lost. 

I don't think they are going to win anything until they can learn to impose themselves on proper opposition by getting more comfy with the ball.

Edit: Agree that McSauce totally wasted at Man U btw. His international goal scoring record is right up there. Needs to be given his head to play further forward.

Edited by The Algebraist

27 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Southgate seems smart and self aware enough to realise if he's going down a particular path or taking a wrong turn.

Whatever information he has will be telling him that his approach is the best solution for this England team imo. Everything about him is well thought through, all the bases covered - I'm certain he'll have a good basis and reasoning for his decision making around the England team.

The same issues that have arisen around Southgate's squad (loyalty) are also present in Steve Clarke's squad with similar decision making but the discussion is shaped differently.   

Ok I’ll bite.

What player(s) is Clarke being overly loyal to that deserve to be dropped? 

32 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Ok I’ll bite.

What player(s) is Clarke being overly loyal to that deserve to be dropped? 

You've gone the wrong way on that one, I'm not criticising Steve Clarke, Scotland or any of our team.

I'm trying to say there are two different responses to the same questions. I think Southgate is being is being harshly treated when his decision making and reasoning is probably quite similar to Steve Clarke's and is probably quite standard across international football.

Edited by 2426255