Ayr vs Raith

Ayr should've had more. Miles ahead of us and will go on to deservedly win the league now. Night and day between the teams.

Barry Smith really doesn't have a clue. We're a team with no shape and style. He has absolutely no tactical awareness and clearly must be watching different games to us fans. How the f*ck does Bobby Barr yet again get the full 90. His decision to remove Hendry was a joke.

No matter what happens this season that guy cannot be our manager going forward.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the end of that game today, Rovers had four strikers on the park, but absolutely no plan on how to make use of them. It all felt Gary Locke-esque.

If it hadn’t been for Jordan Hart chucking two in during the first meeting, we wouldn’t have beaten Ayr once this term. They’re considerably better than us.

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

We clearly aren't going to sack Smith even if he did make a rip-roaring c**t of it today. 

There are several problems right now that need to be addressed ASAP,  however. 

Realistically we won' sack him just can' see us going up with him in charge.

Biggest issue is the manager, no idea on a style of play other then kick the ball long and hope, no idea of playing the players in their best positions to get the most out of them, his subs today and in the past is of a manager that is throwing darts blindfolded and hope that something happens, how he sub Zanatta and left Barr on is a man that has no idea of football tactics and how to manage a team

As much as Shankland could have walked for the tussle earlier...Furtado could also have been sent off for his unnecessary challenge on Boyle with no attempt to win the ball, he went straight for Boyles knee

It's well seen he learned to play with Airdrie...dirty b*****d

Issue is also the defence. The way we were playing was fine to win this league if we kept the watertight defence. We are now conceding 2/3 goals per game and ever since Benedictus has come back we look awful. Not suggesting it's his fault, but there has been a clear drop. 8 goals in 4 games conceded since he came back in.

Also I think the likes of Vaughan have not delivered enough. May well be he isn't as good as we thought over a consistent basis. 

4 minutes ago, Zaltan said:

he sub Zanatta and left Barr on is a man that has no idea of football tactics and how to manage a team

I asked at about 65mins if Barr had been subbed...absolutely anonymous in the 2nd half

Biggest issue is the manager, no idea on a style of play other then kick the ball long and hope, no idea of playing the players in their best positions to get the most out of them, his subs today and in the past is of a manager that is throwing darts blindfolded and hope that something happens, how he sub Zanatta and left Barr on is a man that has no idea of football tactics and how to manage a team
Exactly. Why choose a left back who's played no games in months for a big game like this when Murray has played virtually all season there and done well and McKay has been excellent in centre. His decisions at time defy logic.

Half time we bring on Court. Where the hell did that come from? I'm not saying I wouldn't play Court but Smith hadn't had him on for 2 months then does that.

The worst thing is tonight Smith won't acknowledge the fans who have wasted yet another day away.

24 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Barry Smith really doesn't have a clue. We're a team with no shape and style. He has absolutely no tactical awareness and clearly must be watching different games to us fans. How the 

No matter what happens this season that guy cannot be our manager going forward.

Hate to say I told you so, but...

I told you so.

Plus Buchanan is an over-rated lightweight.

Did the Raith team bus not make it to Ayr today.

So many good performances and watching big Jamie' delight at scoring was worth the £16.

6 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Exactly. Why choose a left back who's played no games in months for a big game like this when Murray has played virtually all season there and done well and McKay has been excellent in centre. His decisions at time defy logic.

Half time we bring on Court. Where the hell did that come from? I'm not saying I wouldn't play Court but Smith hadn't had him on for 2 months then does that.

The worst thing is tonight Smith won't acknowledge the fans who have wasted yet another day away.

The substitution of Hendry was even worse.

Archived