Ayr vs Raith

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Either way, i’m not worried. Ayr will lose or draw at Arbroath on Wednesday.

Us drawing doesn't help you. Our superior goal difference is worth a point. We can afford a draw, a loss and it's advantage to you again.

You're right though it's certainly not over and there will be some shocks during the run in on both sides.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic stuff.  Shite day to be a Rovers fan (though a good one if you enjoy laughing at idiots who go mental at players goading fans when the away support give them flack). 

Smith was shown up today. We played one up top and we got utterly overrun in midfield. At 1-0 down, we had players backing off all over the pitch. There was no pressure at all. McHattie and Bene looked well off the pace (as you'd expect for the former, given it's about his first game back in a good while). Furtado would take the ball down and then he'd lose it as nobody else was near.  Bobby Barr played throughout the game, and we hook Zanatta.  He made a big change bringing on Court, but brought on Buchanan when Spence hasn't been getting a look in. It's groundhog day at the moment. We missed Robertson a ridiculous amount, but should have the depth to show something a bit different. 

The atmosphere in the away end was excellent at the start, but it was all very much reminiscent of St Mirren away last year where the players and manager weren't there. 

Fair play to Ayr. Tactically spot on and they're well ahead of us. Moffat was superb with his link up play, and their set pieces created no end of problem.  

For Rovers fans, we probably have to start to question, if we're going to get hammered in games like this then what would happen if by some miracle we get promoted?  It's hard to see where we progress. If we're forced into a decision, I'd be delighted if we went back for Ray McKinnon. Out of work, knows a lot of the players and overall took us to our highest league position in years. 

Wouldn't surprise me if there were folk shouting that. There was a lad behind where I was on the terracing calling Shankland a nonce at every opportunity. Exactly the type of people who'll happily goad a player all game trying to get a reaction, only to burst into a frothing mess when opposition players score in front of them. 

Title's Ayrs to lose now. Pretty incredible how many times both teams have bottled the league. 

Why move a guy to a different position when he’s on fire! Smith to blame in my opinion.
Smith is bad for that. Instead of playing some youth player he’ll try and shoe horn an older more experienced player into an unfamiliar position.
Either way, i’m not worried. Ayr will lose or draw at Arbroath on Wednesday.

Confident you will beat Forfar then?

I think the chat last time was to do with an Ayr song referencing our Kilmarnock brethren as you mentioned above.
Totally different from racially abusing a player though.

Wow, there’s a difference in making monkey gestures towards a black player and calling a set of people manky [emoji38]

Trogdor has pretty much summed up my confusion there callum. No offense intended on my part.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Trogdor has pretty much summed up my confusion there callum. No offense intended on my part.

Hope it’s a load of pish, that kind of stuff is what tomorrow is all about, not this level of football.

We  have an element of our fanbase stuck in the 70s. It's dreadfully sad to hear this kind of stuff going on at this level though.  What hope do we have trying to attract a new generation of fans?

You can see why Raith are right in the hunt and why they have ground out results. They have a strong team not shy to bully players around and at one point I thought it wasn't going to be our day.

However, as the game went on, we were playing the better football and while we may have the upper hand over Raith, we tend to f**k it up every now and then. Raith tend to grind out results better than we do.

I still can't call the title.

Joyous result, great play from us, superb atmosphere and well done to the numbers down from the Rovers.

Highlights for me:

Big Jamie's goal and celebration.

Shankland.

Rose and Bell.

Somerset Road end, rocking all game.

We  have an element of our fanbase stuck in the 70s. It's dreadfully sad to hear this kind of stuff going on at this level though.  What hope do we have trying to attract a new generation of fans?

We have some too. It's across all of Scottish society I'm afraid. Mainly guys in the 50-60 age bracket.

We have some too. It's across all of Scottish society I'm afraid. Mainly guys in the 50-60 age bracket.

Have an older guy sits behind me at starks who iv told to shut up with the racist nonsense in the past, which he has done to an extent, but now he's all about calling everyone a poof or a Jessie. This type of stuff needs eradicated from society. It's a complete disgrace that these people get away with that sort of thing but the stewards don't do their jobs and it's left to decent fans to say something.

Didn't see or hear exactly what happened with McDaid at the end, so not going to comment on hearsay.

However, we certainly have one complete p***k among our support - the muppet who thought it was big and clever to chuck food at the Ayr goalkeeper right at the start. The keeper clapped our fans, but was only acknowledging the fact we had a decent sized and noisy support - he certainly wasn't doing it in any sort of provocative or malicious way. 

As far as the game is concerned, it was mutual hoofball and blood and thunder for 25 minutes, but only one team in control thereafter. 

In the end, we were maybe fortunate to get away with 3-0.

You can see why Raith are right in the hunt and why they have ground out results. They have a strong team not shy to bully players around and at one point I thought it wasn't going to be our day.
However, as the game went on, we were playing the better football and while we may have the upper hand over Raith, we tend to f**k it up every now and then. Raith tend to grind out results better than we do.
I still can't call the title.
Joyous result, great play from us, superb atmosphere and well done to the numbers down from the Rovers.
Highlights for me:
Big Jamie's goal and celebration.
Shankland.
Rose and Bell.
Somerset Road end, rocking all game.
Agree with this. Problem is I didn't want to see that this season. We should be good enough to out play teams at this level and not just hope they make a mistake and we grind out a 2-1 win.

But for a few absolute howlers from your keepers you'd be well clear right now.

Archived