Ayr vs Raith

8 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

I asked at about 65mins if Barr had been subbed...absolutely anonymous in the 2nd half

Anonymous is what he's been for months, with his only notable contributions being him offering the fans a square go. 

And yet, Smith won't drop him. 

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can' wait for the bullshit interview or excuses on raith t.v. It' so frustrating that it' such a poor league and yet we can find a way of making a complete c**t of it. It was alwas going to be tight between  us and Ayr but sadly  il think they will walk it In the end.

We're still top of the league?

Good win for Ayr today and mccall has had smiths number all season. Don't think it's over though, still another twist and maybe even a turn to come. Advantage Ayr for the time being though.

McHattie should never have been signed again. Injured at the time and pish for most of his career. Mckay going into cb next to bene was the logical move so naturally Smith doesn't do it. Smith has wasted his budget signing both buchanan and Spence. Both poachers who need to be in and around the box not getting long balls pumped at them. Vaughan is a cut above any other player at this level Imo however he's only that if you actually play him in his natural position. If and when we don't go up Smith should be punted asap. Doesn't have any discernable tactics and has wasted the budget he was given. Nice guy, but.

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Good win for Ayr today and mccall has had smiths number all season. Don't think it's over though, still another twist and maybe even a turn to come. Advantage Ayr for the time being though.

McHattie should never have been signed again. Injured at the time and pish for most of his career. Mckay going into cb next to bene was the logical move so naturally Smith doesn't do it. Smith has wasted his budget signing both buchanan and Spence. Both poachers who need to be in and around the box not getting long balls pumped at them. Vaughan is a cut above any other player at this level Imo however he's only that if you actually play him in his natural position. If and when we don't go up Smith should be punted asap. Doesn't have any discernable tactics and has wasted the budget he was given. Nice guy, but.

If we don't go up, we absolutely will not have the funds to pay off Smiths contract. 

If we don't go up, we absolutely will not have the funds to pay off Smiths contract. 

Unfortunately your right. He's balsed this season up for us Imo. As I say likeable guy but hasn't got what it takes to manage at a ft team. That will maybe help us next season of course.

Cracking first half and atmosphere to go with it, but when the first went in Raith never responded with anything and we dominated them all over the park, too many good performances today to pick a MOTM. Raith going down at the slightest touch in the first half never really paid off for them and they seemed to stop soon after. Ruddy had very little to do apart from one early save, and our defence again with Bell were solid.

Bobby, BOBBY....

Shankland is head and shoulders above Vaughan. He will prove this by being named player of the year from league one.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Shankland is head and shoulders above Vaughan. He will prove this by being named player of the year from league one.

Vaughan isn't as good as most people think but to be fair shankland  was pish in the championship last year found his level I think .

Just now, Frank conner said:

Vaughan isn't as good as most people think but to be fair shankland  was pish in the championship last year found his level I think .

We won't keep Shankland for next season as he's far too good, Vaugh was kept quiet by  Adams that's how good Vaugh is. 

Nobody has been able to stop Shankland, think he's ready for at least championship

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

Trouten has proved you can score loads of goals at this level (apart from when he wears an Ayr Jersey) and not perform in the championship, however, Shankland is still a young player and has been a standout this year

That Raith defence reminded me of ours at points this season. That right back is one of the worst football players I’ve ever seen - utterly atrocious.

Shankland was looking towards the referee complaining at the point of the “stamp” so any contact was clearly accidental. The Raith play acting was as embarrassing as their performance.

Looking forward to seeing the celebrations at the first again!

Be interesting how Raith react to this too.

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Not sure I agree. I know he was poor for Morton but he is easily better than league one level.

You must therefore be not sure if you disagree...

Archived