Ayr vs Raith

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Agree with this. Problem is I didn't want to see that this season. We should be good enough to out play teams at this level and not just hope they make a mistake and we grind out a 2-1 win.

But for a few absolute howlers from your keepers you'd be well clear right now.

Problem is we've been trying to do that very thing lately but chucked daft goals in late on.  We rarely ever look like winning a game by more than one.

Congratulations on Ayr today the easiest 3 points you will win all season , played with believe , fight, intensity on the other hand my team well enough said ! Waste of money, waste of a Saturday afternoon and to top it off a drive home in atrocious weather conditions.

Barry Smith take a look at yourself totally out witted today by a manager IMO the best in the league regarding playing attacking football, the ultimate in winding up  opposition fans and players Ian M cCall ! love him hate him I like the way he sets his teams up playing attractive football the total opposite from my team drab percentage boring football

53 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

As he’s a fucking no-mark i’ve no idea who he is? 

When he runs down the wing he's as fast as lightning...

Rovers are top of the league in March and only brought 470 fans to a top of the table clash?
You wonder why you get called the "wee team".
It's basically because although we're top the football has been from the dark ages. Horrendous to watch. I genuinely think it'll be lucky if we take 100 to Forfar on Tuesday

Congratulations on Ayr today the easiest 3 points you will win all season , played with believe , fight, intensity on the other hand my team well enough said ! Waste of money, waste of a Saturday afternoon and to top it off a drive home in atrocious weather conditions.
Barry Smith take a look at yourself totally out witted today by a manager IMO the best in the league regarding playing attacking football, the ultimate in winding up  opposition fans and players Ian M cCall ! love him hate him I like the way he sets his teams up playing attractive football the total opposite from my team drab percentage boring football

But you were grinding out results for a period, while, for all our attacking flair, our defence and keeper were woeful at times. Seems both sets of fans want a happy medium somewhere between the two, although ours is certainly more entertaining to watch regardless of the final result.

Might need to check the stats but I think Adams picked up his 6th booking of the season today. As long as Arbroath goes ahead on Wednesday he’ll be suspended for Forfar. A game he’d have missed regardless.

27 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Rovers are top of the league in March and only brought 470 fans to a top of the table clash?

327 Dunfermline fans when they are only 5 points off the playoffs....

327 Dunfermline fans when they are only 5 points off the playoffs....

Big difference

Might not like the Pars but they pretty much filled out the Railway end in the two away games two seasons ago.

Well that was considerably more comfortable than I was expecting. Could even have scored a couple more.
Raith were poor, I understand the pre-match negativity from them now! I actually thought the boy Furtado did quite well in holding the ball up first half but he’d no support. Was delighted when he was moved out wide.
Don’t think we had a particular stand out today, was more a very good team performance. More of the same on Wednesday please.

7 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
25 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It's basically because although we're top the football has been from the dark ages. Horrendous to watch. I genuinely think it'll be lucky if we take 100 to Forfar on Tuesday

Frankly i’m amazed 470 of our fans  travelled to Ayr in the pishing rain to watch Smith’s depleted side, given our poor away form.

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Val McDermid calling us agricultural on twitter. Bit of a brass neck that one.

Yeah, poor Raith snowflakes.

Especially given when they were 3 nil down and couldn't get near our players they started clubbing them. Boyle, Kerr & Shankland all took sore ones.

Starting to agree with Yogi (scary thought) when he said she knew nothing about football! :blink:

Archived