Ayr vs Raith

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You must therefore be not sure if you disagree...

What I mean is he is better than league one level and should be fine in the championship. After all he did play in the SPL for Aberdeen and scored goals for both Dunfermline and St Mirren. However, there definitely is a question mark on whether he can deliver at that level consistently.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

What I mean is he is better than league one level and should be fine in the championship. After all he did play in the SPL for Aberdeen and scored goals for both Dunfermline and St Mirren. However, there definitely is a question mark on whether he can deliver at that level consistently.

I was being pedantic. 

That was as pathetic as anything witnessed under Gary Locke. No organisation and no fight. League isn’t lost but we need to improve dramatically and fast. Wish we had players who showed the desire and commitment that Ayr showed today. 

Cute that they gave away free clackers for our visit. Shame we couldn’t rise to the occasion for you 

Very professional performance from Ayr today.  We played with such intensity and didn't react to Raith's early play acting when they were repeatedly trying to get men booked. Totally embarrassing from them but not unexpected. Once the first goal went in it felt like a case of how many and could have been more. Was really surprised how easy it was, in the end it was bizarre that with four strikers on the park Raith were even more ineffective going forward. 

Also the dozen or so Raith fans shouting abuse at Paddy Boyle after Furtado went straight through him without touching the ball and he had to get carried off what great human beings you are. Utter fuds! 

56 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

That Raith defence reminded me of ours at points this season. That right back is one of the worst football players I’ve ever seen - utterly atrocious.

Shankland was looking towards the referee complaining at the point of the “stamp” so any contact was clearly accidental. The Raith play acting was as embarrassing as their performance.

Looking forward to seeing the celebrations at the first again!

Be interesting how Raith react to this too.

Who is shankland parent club?

How is it possible to play 5 across the middle and have no width whatsoever? Smith did well to achieve that feat, it was as if Rovers didn't even have a right midfield in the first half! At least the ineffectual Barr was actually playing wide. 

Furtado should be arrested for atrocities to football. Clearly supposed to be a good thing ball up, he couldn't keep any control of it and Michael Rose had him in his back pocket all game. 

Lennox :lol:

41 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

What happened with McDaid and the Raith fans when he complained to the ref?

My brother in law being a Rovers fan was next to the incident and was due to a fan calling McDaid a monkey. He complained to the referee and stewards and police got involved. The accused then spent the rest of the game crapping himself at being arrested 

Thought today's match was perfect from all angles. On the park to a man they were a team, great football at times. Thought the fans were great too. All in all a great day. Special mention to the number of Rovers fans making the trip today. 471 I think, great numbers.

Long way to go yet and plenty of points to be won and dropped 

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

My brother in law being a Rovers fan was next to the incident and was due to a fan calling McDaid a monkey. He complained to the referee and stewards and police got involved. The accused then spent the rest of the game crapping himself at being arrested 

Shocking if true... Rovers fans should have pointed him out to stewards/police.

It was probably the same mutants abusing a clearly injured Boyle.

Fifes Finest? 

Archived