Ayr vs Raith

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Bobby Barr has spent more time on twitter than trying to play football. It's annoying cause there's actually a player there but his effort is awful

I used to think there was a player in there somewhere. This season has disabused me of that notion. Absolute waste of a shirt. As someone has already said, he’ll end up at Clyde very soon 

11 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

I used to think there was a player in there somewhere. This season has disabused me of that notion. Absolute waste of a shirt. As someone has already said, he’ll end up at Clyde very soon 

Feel sorry for Clyde 

Furturdo's tackle is gubbins being a striker and flying in that way, really, and Shankland's looked naughty standing on the boy too. Surprised (not surprised) neither ref or linesman punished him for that.

Shankland's stamp was a tap and an over reaction from the Raith player. Yellow card at most but ref probably got it right. Furtardo's challenge was poor and was at the very least a yellow. Think the ref probably got that one right as well.

6 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Shankland's stamp was a tap and an over reaction from the Raith player. Yellow card at most but ref probably got it right. Furtardo's challenge was poor and was at the very least a yellow. Think the ref probably got that one right as well.

Well said, exactly my thoughts having now seen the highlights. I'd like a different angle of the Furtado one though. The fact the ball ends up static when he went in at that speed makes me think he totally missed the ball but not convinced at all tbh.

9 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
9 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
My money is on it being the Raith fan in the blue jacket, who after the third (I think) goal went toward the Raith dugout, incensed, to give them what I can only imagine was a jolly good talking to.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's Smith's tactical adviser.

Probably wasn’t a good talking to then.

Gonna have to agree to disagree here.

Just because he doesn't lift his foot up and stamp it down doesn't make it any less of a red card for me.

He knows exactly what he's doing and deliberately stands on him with his full body weight on the leg.

He was very clever about it and didn't visibly break stride so fair play to him for that.

I would love Shankland in my team and if did cute stuff like that for us I'd be delighted.

Actually really like him. The way he handled the embarrassing foaming at the mouth abuse was pretty funny, huge big grin and flexing his muscles and laughing.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Bring back Graeme Smith!

Just need Lennox is in goals and Benedictus is in defence everything will be fine #roaringback 

I had to laugh when Smith mentioned injuries in his post match interview. The Rovers fans were frothing at the mouth when McCall mentioned that after the game in Kirkcaldy.

Although McCall was proved right our first team pumped them. :angel

Feel quite sorry for the Raith fan, as that performance yesterday reminded me in some respects of when Roberts was in charge....well in the managers seat. 
Aside from the hatchet men job after the first 15 minutes, there was zero direction or leadership on the pitch. 
The side has definitely regressed since the first game at Somerset. 

Might be proven wrong and don't want to count chickens yet but that Raith side looked like they had zero confidence straight from the kick off, we had won the mental battle before the game kicked off. Strange for a side who are sitting top.  Very much looked a side that is one defeat away from free fall.  Alot of football still to be played between now and May. 

14 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

He wipes out Boyle's standing leg, and then hooks the ball away. It's at least a yellow card.

Furtado gets to the ball 1st and catches Boyle with his trailing leg.

Just now, ayrmad said:

Furtado gets to the ball 1st and catches Boyle with his trailing leg.

The ball first thing is about a decade out of date.

If it’s a foul and card then it’s a red card. End of story. The fact that Boyle got carried off demonstrates the referee failed to acknowledge the dangerous element of it.

Feel quite sorry for the Raith fan, as that performance yesterday reminded me in some respects of when Roberts was in charge....well in the managers seat. 
Aside from the hatchet men job after the first 15 minutes, there was zero direction or leadership on the pitch. 
The side has definitely regressed since the first game at Somerset. 
Might be proven wrong and don't want to count chickens yet but that Raith side looked like they had zero confidence straight from the kick off, we had won the mental battle before the game kicked off. Strange for a side who are sitting top.  Very much looked a side that is one defeat away from free fall.  Alot of football still to be played between now and May. 

We won the mental battle after McCall called them out for being “unprofessional”. Rattled them a wee bit at the time and they’ve only won 3 games since then.

Mind games and aw that.

Archived