BBC bias

After reading another thread I forgot why I came here in the first place - that Albanian gangs story is an utter fucking disgrace. It is nothing but regurgitating blatantly racist Tory propaganda as a distraction indeed, as someone said above. And will the spineless wankers get any thanks for it from the Tory/gutter press, no of course not.

Every PMQs, Blackford should hold up the graph of immigrants per 100,000 “natives” and ask Rishi to explain why we are 19th in Europe, I hate the UK & what it’s become, the UK still swirls about in the belief that colonialism was a good thing! 
There is no invasion, let people arrive here legally & then make a swift decision on the merit of their case. 
But no, we’ve got a bigoted Home Sec just to appease the extreme right wing of the Con party, who by the way, chose to elect Truss over Sunak… cos reasons that are nothing to do with skin colour!!! It’s like a horror movie script that if written in 2001 would be rejected for being too horrific & dismal. 

19 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

After reading another thread I forgot why I came here in the first place - that Albanian gangs story is an utter fucking disgrace. It is nothing but regurgitating blatantly racist Tory propaganda as a distraction indeed, as someone said above. And will the spineless wankers get any thanks for it from the Tory/gutter press, no of course not.

I liked the bit of their analysis where they unpacked the reasons behind the UK losing any control over the channel as a direct result of brexit and then quoted well researched numbers to try to put the  scale of the issue into some sort of perspective. 

it’s this sort of reporting that makes the BBC the envy of the world and not just the Express on tv.

13 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The chancellor will deliver his Autumn Statement on Thursday, so we we went and asked people who are hanging around in George Square on a Monday afternoon for their considered opinions on the macroeconomic picture.

f**k off BBC. 

In fairness this is hardly a new ploy, all broadcasting media does it and has done so for years.  It’s shite journalism of course.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

In fairness this is hardly a new ploy, all broadcasting media does it and has done so for years.  It’s shite journalism of course.

It's the laziest pish on earth. Utterly pointless, if I wanted to know what your below average punter thought, I'd go outside and fucking well ask one. I know it's not new but it rips my knitting. Might as well have interviewed the dug. 

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's the laziest pish on earth. Utterly pointless, if I wanted to know what your below average punter thought, I'd go outside and fucking well ask one. I know it's not new but it rips my knitting. Might as well have interviewed the dug. 

Whereas your missus wouldn’t need to leave the house….  :P

18 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The chancellor will deliver his Autumn Statement on Thursday, so we we went and asked people who are hanging around in George Square on a Monday afternoon for their considered opinions on the macroeconomic picture.

f**k off BBC. 

"Well I told Jeremy to his face that this was completely the wrong strategy but as usual he and his party completely ignore me and everybody else at the World Bank.  Will that do?"

f**k off BBC. 
That's enterprising reporting for BBC Scotland, as they could easier take to the streets of Govan - I suspect they don't as the natives have hammered at the gates a few times.
In the days of the old HQ, it was rare to see a vox pop that didn't have the building in QM Drive as a backdrop.

Not sure who's responsible but ITN has just called a potential ESA astronaut a "para-astronaut" because he's disabled. If he makes it he'll be an astronaut, full stop. That stuff really gets on my tits, as does NASA keeping banging on about their Artemis project to put the first woman and black man on the moon, diversity's wonderful but don't undermine people like they wouldn't normally be up to it.