BBC bias

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Scotland is doing shite 

No challenge or interruption 

Scotland is outperforming England 

Hang on a fucking minute..

Why can he talk about the health and education outcomes without citing any data but to refute his claims you get interrupted and asked for proof.

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but I occasionally go on the Daily Mail and Daily Express websites to have a wee look.

It’s different universe stuff where we don’t have a PM whose u-turning and fucking up all the time or a Chancellor who has taken the country to the brink of collapse.  Their main stories are about celebrities and the royal family.

33 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but I occasionally go on the Daily Mail and Daily Express websites to have a wee look.

It’s different universe stuff where we don’t have a PM whose u-turning and fucking up all the time or a Chancellor who has taken the country to the brink of collapse.  Their main stories are about celebrities and the royal family.

Is "All Grown Up" still a thing?

Asking for a prince.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Bread and circuses to keep the people from rioting 

BBC Oatcake. We found a Tory to interview.  

Baron Offord of Garvel, 2 weeks ago you backed Trussonomics to the hilt, that's now all in the bin, where does that leave you and the prime minister?

You don't seem to understand how the UK works Martin, I'm a life peer. I could litetally take a shite live on air right now and I'd still have a job forever. Why do you think I'm here and not any of my cunty little elected colleagues?

10 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Baron Offord of Garvel, 2 weeks ago you backed Trussonomics to the hilt, that's now all in the bin, where does that leave you and the prime minister?

You don't seem to understand how the UK works Martin, I'm a life peer. I could litetally take a shite live on air right now and I'd still have a job forever. Why do you think I'm here and not any of my cunty little elected colleagues?

Footage?

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Footage?

It's from The Sunday Show.

It's not on iPlayer yet but will be I'm sure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001dbdh

Malcolm Offord is not to my taste, not at all. I find him to be condescending with a dash of underlying bullying menace. Apart from that I'm a big fan of him and his status as a lifelong lawmaker.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

A yes, Offord, the political giant who is so well respected by his fellow Tories that he was placed 5th on the 2021 Lothians Conservative Party list behind Miles Briggs, Sue Webber, Jeremy Balfour and Rebecca Fraser.  His party's low opinion of him meant that he couldn't be elected as a list MSP at a time when Stephen Kerr could. 

Never an organisation to let such obvious political talent go to waste, the Tories sent Offord to the Lords. He had previously donated over 135k to the Conservative Party. Pure coincidence.

Maybe Dross was still knackered after running the line yesterday to give his considered views on the political scene. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/oct/18/bbc-centenary-fewer-big-salaries-richer-rivals

"At any stage in the BBC’s history, a useful interview question for new recruits would be the relative significance of the words in the organisation’s title.

British, which applicants until recently would have been wise to put first, seems an escalating fantasy, with Scotland, Belfast and Cardiff politically pulling away from London, thereby making viewers in the nations ever more dubious about the “impartiality” of BBC News.

Broadcasting, something done only by the BBC until 1955 (ITV’s arrival), and long after that only on devices called TVs and radios, now comes from everywhere by anyone on everything.

Corporation meant a staff, often staying for life, pensioned and union-protected. But almost all of the BBC’s biggest hits are now made by external independent companies

So a more accurate name for the organisation now would be EDC – English Digital Consortium."

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

What a coincidence 

Can’t help but think they’re missing some important information about her 

Because the BBC is basically a pr hoor for the fucking tories (sorry, I realise she was a "Change UK" candidate.................)

It's become a complete and utter parody. The Musselburgh episode had folk in one of my whatsapp groups, mainly full of actual Musselburgh residents, constantly pinging away with folk asking if anyone else recognised anyone in the audience, and funnily enough, not one single person did.

Wonder if they'll go back to Dundee and have another 'representative' audience that is 50% Tory, 30% Labour, 10% Britain First, and 10% SNP?