BBC bias

The BBC commentary on this Murray/Evans match is ridiculously biased. Apparently they're going out because Murray hasn't improved since his first match - no mention of Evans' lack of ability, it's all down to Murray not trying hard enough.

Normally they're sympathetic to a GB athlete who underperforms - excuses, better next time, gave their all - but not this time.

Edited by The DA

I can cope with Adam Fleming's Scottish public schoolboy jokey BBC insider persona on Newscast radio, but giving him the Newsnight chair to juggle his eyebrows with what he thinks is sarcastic witticism when people were talking sincerely about deadly serious matters was a mistake. Good choice of guests though, probably down to the producer.

Listening to Radio 4 this morning and Emma Barnett was doing a weather roundup before the headlines.

It consisted of "It will be drizzly in the South East of England".

I heard this while looking out at a blue cloudless sky in my Edinburgh kitchen.

They just do not give a f**k.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Listening to Radio 4 this morning and Emma Barnett was doing a weather roundup before the headlines.

The weather forecast is for the Home Counties. “Hot and sunny for most of us today, thunderstorms in the midlands, rain in the west and blizzards for northern parts”

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Why is there sky in your kitchen?

8 hours ago, Leith Green said:

It was "heatwave over the UK" the other day - when it was actually London and the South of England.

On 14/08/2024 at 08:36, Leith Green said:

Don't think things have changed much since I was a laddie when I think things were Anglo-centric.

I can remember watching Football Focus or some suchlike p!sh for a summary of the day's football and being richly rewarded for wasting about an hour hearing about Cleethorps Church League Second Division or the vital local derby in Nowhere City by being told that 'and today in Scotland Rangers are away to Aberdeen and Celtic play Partick Thistle.'

Was really annoyed by Newsnight presented by quirky Paddy who normally appears on Sunday morning radio. Had 2 good panelists, one Conservative and pro Israel, other ex-Labour, sacked for having sympathy for Palestinians. They were asked if there could ever be peace while Palestinians were represented by a Hamas extremist in Qatar, never mentioning that his predecessor has been assassinated by Israel, or that Israel was led by a meglamaniac hugely unpopular in his own country, and only keeping the war going to keep himself out of jail. Apart from that Paddy did quite well. 

Edited by welshbairn

Another quirky choice tonight on Newsnight, Nick Watt who is generally great at doing the sidekick job of passing on the latest Westminster gossip with the enthusiasm of an Democrat in Chicago tonight, but having to attempt a sad face about the yacht deaths off Sicily just broke him.

On 14/08/2024 at 17:13, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It was "heatwave over the UK" the other day - when it was actually London and the South of England.

Obviously a BBC bias thread but when it comes to 'national' weather forecasts being targeted almost solely at London & the south-east ITV are the worst offenders. 

On 15/08/2024 at 09:19, Salt n Vinegar said:

Don't think things have changed much since I was a laddie when I think things were Anglo-centric.

I can remember watching Football Focus or some suchlike p!sh for a summary of the day's football and being richly rewarded for wasting about an hour hearing about Cleethorps Church League Second Division or the vital local derby in Nowhere City by being told that 'and today in Scotland Rangers are away to Aberdeen and Celtic play Partick Thistle.'

TBF the Cleethorpes Church League 2nd division is far more unpredictable and interesting than anything the Scottish top flight can throw up. And a vital local derby in Nowhere, Anywhere or Aftercare City has got to be better than a Glasgow Bigotfest.

4 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

BBC Radio Scotland talking to a paranormal investigator about ghosts in hotels. Surely for the "balance" aspect, they need a sane person on to say it's a load of sh!te?

They have the story on the front page of their website now.  Incredibly it does not name the hotel (think it's Pittodrie Hoose)

i also like this little gem that their investigative journalists managed to capture "

Del Toro used social media to praise Scotland, saying it was a country he felt close to due to his ancestors on his mother's side being from Ireland.

Why is there so much f**king attention (especially on the BBC) about this yacht tragedy?

A tragic loss caused by a natural disaster but it's mainly a bunch of wealthy f**kers and a chef.  As was pointed out on the James O'Brien show - maybe we wouldn't have had the right wing riots if we gave this much attention whenever a boatload of poor immigrants sinks in the channel.

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

They have the story on the front page of their website now.  Incredibly it does not name the hotel (think it's Pittodrie Hoose)

i also like this little gem that their investigative journalists managed to capture "

Del Toro used social media to praise Scotland, saying it was a country he felt close to due to his ancestors on his mother's side being from Ireland.

Ireland is close to Scotland tbf.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Why is there so much f**king attention (especially on the BBC) about this yacht tragedy?

A tragic loss caused by a natural disaster but it's mainly a bunch of wealthy f**kers and a chef.  As was pointed out on the James O'Brien show - maybe we wouldn't have had the right wing riots if we gave this much attention whenever a boatload of poor immigrants sinks in the channel.

Might use a local funeral director....trickle down economics at its finest