Netflix

Biscuits

Still on The Last Dance. Have said before I dont get anyone who says MJ took it too far or was a dick in his drive to win. What I have taken from the last couple I have watched is that I just cant believe he kept his performance level so high. The way he talks and the way its presented, the business on the court must have been so hard to keep a focus on. All the shit he had going on and he still had to be better, hungrier, fitter that everyone else that had a fraction of the distractions he had.

My respect for the man grows with each episode.

The wife is watching Space Force, i am only watching it in the background, my god it is unfunny and completly shit!!
I like steve carrell, i like john malkovic, how did they read this script and say 'i am doing this'?
First one was ok without having many laughs. I watched the second one earlier and as I said above I genuinely had tears streaming down my face with the chimp scenes. Will stick with it now. Taking it for what it is, an utterly ludicrous comedy not taking itself seriously.

Still on The Last Dance. Have said before I dont get anyone who says MJ took it too far or was a dick in his drive to win. What I have taken from the last couple I have watched is that I just cant believe he kept his performance level so high. The way he talks and the way its presented, the business on the court must have been so hard to keep a focus on. All the shit he had going on and he still had to be better, hungrier, fitter that everyone else that had a fraction of the distractions he had.

My respect for the man grows with each episode.
Totally agree his focus and sheer will to be the absolute best deserves nothing but respect imo.

Loved the quote from the first episode that you could argue that Michael Jordan was as good at his job as anybody has ever been at their job ever, in anything.

Watched that Epstein thing. If you're familiar with the works of James Lee Burke and his Robicheaux detective books, Epstein is like a baddie straight out of one of the books with his private island and paid-off police. The girls/women in it are very brave to tell their stories so openly and the bits that really nail Epstein are the snippets from guys who looked after the phones etc on his island describing what they saw. Could probably have been condensed to a much shorter running time but a sad/interesting show anyway. 

Started watching "The Eddy". 

Jazz club in Paris. Some bad people visit. Lots of French people pout and the camera gets in everyone's face. 

Made by the guy who did Whiplash and La La Land and so far it's like a very downbeat relative of Whiplash. He certainly knows what he's doing in terms of filming live music. 

Could have easily given up half way into the first episode but something dramatic happens at last so will stick with it. 

Netflix removing all series with blackface depicted on it at the moment.

League of Gentleman
The mighty boosh
Little Britain
Come fly with me

I do wonder if they’ll remove Still Game, or the episode where Jack and Victor take the pills due to how it ended.

Netflix removing all series with blackface depicted on it at the moment.

League of Gentleman

The mighty boosh

Little Britain

Come fly with me

I do wonder if they’ll remove Still Game, or the episode where Jack and Victor take the pills due to how it ended.

I dont recall blackface in The Mighty Boosh. Having said that, enjoyment of that particular show is enhanced by ones own chemical balance so maybe there was.

ETA just googled it. It's the "spirit of jazz" character, who is meant to be a ghost of a jazz musician. His face was black, but was covered in random white markings and he wore a flaming hat. Netflix being a bit silly in this particular instance IMO. Cant speak for League of Gentlemen.

I dont recall blackface in The Mighty Boosh. Having said that, enjoyment of that particular show is enhanced by ones own chemical balance so maybe there was.  
ETA just googled it. It's the "spirit of jazz" character, who is meant to be a ghost of a jazz musician. His face was black, but was covered in random white markings and he wore a flaming hat. Netflix being a bit silly in this particular instance IMO. Cant speak for League of Gentlemen.
It's certainly a can of worms. You could go through a lot of past shows with a fine toothed comb and find something offensive to someone. In Sunny in Philly they use blackface as well as saying the N word. They also say the N word in The Office. Neither are offensive in the context but I don't know how far this will go just now.

I've only watched TLOG in bits but I knew they had a blackface character.

411full.jpeg

36 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's certainly a can of worms. You could go through a lot of past shows with a fine toothed comb and find something offensive to someone. In Sunny in Philly they use blackface as well as saying the N word. They also say the N word in The Office. Neither are offensive in the context but I don't know how far this will go just now.

411full.jpeg

It's actually one of my favourite scenes from Mighty Boosh. 

13w8.gif

411full.jpeg.ba288a3639020ded59ddd6f08e53ed25.jpeg
Papa Lazarou. He's the only relevant character I remember.

Not sure what's going on but I didn't post that picture above although that was the character I was referring to. 

Self reported to the mods for clarification in case I get into trouble with snowfakes.

Edited by jimmy boo

You quoted a post that contained the picture, hence the picture appeared in your quote. Are you new to the internet? 😉

I'm leaving the picture on as it seems to make more sense to leave it here so that those who have never seen the programme will know what people are on about.

You quoted a post that contained the picture, hence the picture appeared in your quote. Are you new to the internet? [emoji6]
I'm leaving the picture on as it seems to make more sense to leave it here so that those who have never seen the programme will know what people are on about.
I quoted a post? I only mentioned a characters name and a picture somehow appeared. Never happened before so someone is at it.

29 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:
You quoted a post that contained the picture, hence the picture appeared in your quote. Are you new to the internet? emoji6.png

I quoted a post? I only mentioned a characters name and a picture somehow appeared. Never happened before so someone is at it.

Do you like the playstation? Ah like the playstation.