The Super v Stranraer FC

The performance was fucking dreadful but aside from leaving Moffat on the bench which was undoubtedly a mistake, I’m not sure what else he could have done differently with what he had to work with. That back four that finished the game.... we had a centre half at right back, a centre midfielder at centre half, and a right back at left back. 
It was clear that McCall was playing for a draw second half and I said to my mate if we are going to play the dangerous game of trying to get a draw then we better not lose. Aye.
All that being said, these idiots who constantly shout abuse at players and management should all be flung in the gutter outside.

We were the only team who really threatened in the second half so definitely wouldn’t say he played for a draw.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We were the only team who really threatened in the second half so definitely wouldn’t say he played for a draw.

You will need to clear that squad out if you get promoted ,Not one of them good enough

That was most of our under 20s you were up against today

Thought Rose played well when he went to RB, and Adams & Bell were solid enough in the centre, wasn't that impressed with Ferguson today or Moore who was way off the boil.

Crazy stuff from Shanks today, if  he wanted to get a dig in he should have been subtle about it like he was against Raith.

Looks like the defence is down to the bare bones again. Didn't work out so well last time, hopefully it won't have an effect on the two games left and allow us to stutter over the line.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If you seriously think Stranraer were the better side in the second half then you are utterly clueless.

I didn’t say Stranraer were the better side. I said we played for a draw. Given we left Moore up front by himself until 4 minutes from time and he was badly isolated most of the time, the Stranraer keeper had nothing to do and we created nothing other than Moore’s fresh air kick, I’d say that it’s a fair shout. If you want to get all pissy and start calling other fans clueless then go ahead. We are all hurting. Whatever helps you.

You would think that at this stage of the season the SPFL would send competent officials to important games.

The ref missed the Stranraer left midfielders stamp on Reid, several fouls by Neil on Shankland, including the one where Shankland got sent off. The flying elbow on McGuffie and Hamill only got a booking for a stamp on Moores groin. One of Neils challenges could have broken Shanklands leg.

Losing Reid and Shankland early on and having that clown back in goals made it a long afternoon. playing one up front (Moore was very poor today) with Forrest and McGuffie contributing very little didn't work and it took until the 86th min for McCall to put Moffat on. 

Stranraer had nothing up front but for some reason we played deep for most of the second half, creating a big gap between Moore and everyone else. We didn't pass the ball well and didn't look like shooting any time we got forward and kept putting ourselves under pressure. 

We go in to an away game next week, without 3 of the usual back 4, Two midfielders at centre half, possibly without Shankland and the equivalent of a short outfield player in goals.  

If Ayr hadn't had a man sent off think its very debatable whether Stranraer would have won but given what we have been through recently what an achievement to win 4 in a row when it looked like our season would just dwindle away. Some of the play wasn't great but the players worked ever so hard for the cause - well done to Stevie Farroll for keeping them all going and not allowing team spirit to collapse.

I can see Jamie Adams is popular with Ayr fans but seriously his conduct on the park is a joke. Hes a very physical player but hey I have witnessed many players like that over the years. But never have I seen a player who is no stranger to a hard/dirty tackle throw himself about like such a fairy when anyone challenges him or in some cases simply comes within 5 yards of him.  At one point in the game he put a shocking tackle in on Turner (he seems to like a crunching tackle on a youngster) and then minutes later was rolling about when Scott didn't even make any contact (after he had just been booked for a tackle on him). Its one thing trying to get an edge (part and parcel of football) but hes just a blatant cheat and a bully on the park.

Our players and our coaching staff have performed better than I expected after being put in a very difficult situation in January.  Hopefully we can retain some of these youngsters for next season and add a bit of quality within an affordable budget. Games like today prove that you don't need to spend loads to get decent results at this level.  Well done to everyone for providing an exciting day for the hard core fans who continue to follow week in week out - they deserve it.         

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Nope. Just our fans talking nonsense.

First goal. Tame ball into the box and didn’t look much threat. No blatant fumble by goalie but stuck on goal line and then scrambling when ball hit the net. Will need to see highlights but positioning looked bad. 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

First goal. Tame ball into the box and didn’t look much threat. No blatant fumble by goalie but stuck on goal line and then scrambling when ball hit the net. Will need to see highlights but positioning looked bad. 

Also made a meal of every basic thing he had to do

7 minutes ago, tuckersloan said:

If Ayr hadn't had a man sent off think its very debatable whether Stranraer would have won but given what we have been through recently what an achievement to win 4 in a row when it looked like our season would just dwindle away. Some of the play wasn't great but the players worked ever so hard for the cause - well done to Stevie Farroll for keeping them all going and not allowing team spirit to collapse.

I can see Jamie Adams is popular with Ayr fans but seriously his conduct on the park is a joke. Hes a very physical player but hey I have witnessed many players like that over the years. But never have I seen a player who is no stranger to a hard/dirty tackle throw himself about like such a fairy when anyone challenges him or in some cases simply comes within 5 yards of him.  At one point in the game he put a shocking tackle in on Turner (he seems to like a crunching tackle on a youngster) and then minutes later was rolling about when Scott didn't even make any contact (after he had just been booked for a tackle on him). Its one thing trying to get an edge (part and parcel of football) but hes just a blatant cheat and a bully on the park.

Our players and our coaching staff have performed better than I expected after being put in a very difficult situation in January.  Hopefully we can retain some of these youngsters for next season and add a bit of quality within an affordable budget. Games like today prove that you don't need to spend loads to get decent results at this level.  Well done to everyone for providing an exciting day for the hard core fans who continue to follow week in week out - they deserve it.         

Have a word with yourself :lol: Adams was the one who had his head burst open from your players. Hammil and Neil could have both walked for several challenges on our players today, but that’s football. Stranraer fans love to paint Adams as the pantomime villain because of his ties to the, but get a grip woman.

If I remember correctly the first was an outswinging ball in that was nowhere near him, followed by a cracking header to the back post.

Also made a meal of every basic thing he had to do

Nonsense. Think you clearly have an agenda against him. What basic things?

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Have a word with yourself :lol: Adams was the one who had his head burst open from your players. Hammil and Neil could have both walked for several challenges on our players today, but that’s football. Stranraer fans love to paint Adams as the pantomime villain because of his ties to the, but get a grip woman.

Adams head hit the post no contact with Stranraer player clean your glasses. did you not see the abuse our centre got tackled from behind countless time with ref taking no action.

[emoji23]

Archived