Cove v Spartans / Spartans v Cove

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, afca32 said:

Aye, looked like men against boys. Don't know what was up with Spartans, they didn't look remotely interested.

Wow. I've taken a bigger interest in the EoSL and SoSL this season, mostly because I was interested how Kelty would get on. Which clubs will be entering at that level next season? i would assume with such a big influx and probably more to come, the leagues below the LL will need a restructure? What is the current boundary between East and South? I'd have expected Hawick to be South. Where would west coats clubs entering the pyramid go currently?

I feel like HibeeJibee should just do a 30 minute presentation on football below L2 every season and all questions should just be directed to it tbh.:lol:

Can’t believe you’ve missed the huge threads on both EOS and Junior forums about this - details on those of the clubs which have applied to join EOS league!

Edited to add - I see Hibee Jibee has already added the list of clubs.

Still worth a look at the other threads too.

Think I'll head down to Kelty in a couple of weeks time for the second leg of that play-off.
Surely there has to be a change to the LL structure where two go down automatically and the champions of the leagues below come up (assuming already licensed or with an application in process).
The system at present is far too complicated. Will be a real shame for whoever of Kelty or Threave misses out on their just rewards- a season in the Lowland League.

You could say the same about Cove or Spartans missing out if Cowden win the play-off.

15 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Couldn’t believe I’d watch the old firm game and see a more one sided game with a such an inept performance. Then the cove-Spartans highlights arrive emoji15.png

Something not quite right. It was never going to be easy for Spartans, but it wasn’t so much that they were poor, they didn’t even try.

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 14:22, The_Judge said:

Suffice it to say that if Cove don't go all the way we'll have to suffer another round of "..they lost on purpose because they don't want to leave the HL" :thumbsdown

17 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Aye, looked like men against boys. Don't know what was up with Spartans, they didn't look remotely interested.

2 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Something not quite right. It was never going to be easy for Spartans, but it wasn’t so much that they were poor, they didn’t even try.

Something not quite right?  You think they're guilty of cheating?

2 hours ago, The_Judge said:

Something not quite right?  You think they're guilty of cheating?

You’d think they would play like it was one of their biggest games. Look at the body language of the players. No disgrace in losing if you aren’ t good enough. 

20 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Love the 3rd goal, no 7 does his audacious flick to set up the goal and turns to the bench and mimes 'done my bit, now sub me  '

You’d think they would play like it was one of their biggest games. Look at the body language of the players. No disgrace in losing if you aren’ t good enough. 

Thought they’d fall a bit short prior to the game as I said they didn’t have (imo) enough quality at top of park and mental strength to win big games against other good sides.

Heard the score and thought this to be true, then watched the highlights. Wow.

Absolute lack of anyone doing the basics. No pressure on the ball at all, crosses allowed in and runners not tracked or marked. All over the highlights there are clips of cove men with no one near them passing balls forward to teammates with no one near them. Heads should be absolutely rolling after that game.

17 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Just seen the highlights.

Welcome to the SPFL Cove Rangers.

More than good enough.

Blow me over with a feather a conservative backing a Rangers:lol: suppose you have a soft spot for Berwick as well:P

6 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I've never really been convinced by Spartans a few times this season, hence why I wanted them to win the LL:lol:, in the games I seen them they were good for battling to the last and grabbing last minute goals etc but not a patch on previous Spartans sides from years gone bye.

Archived