Cove v Spartans / Spartans v Cove

13 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Ask any good psychologist or top level coach/manager and they’d all tell you the best way to get players to produce a top performance is to absolutely lay out a doomsday scenario to the players.

Pretty sure they’ll be able to play with no fear with this ‘motivation’.

Encouragement is key obviously and to try to inspire the players in believing they can win. My comments are not suggested as being used but for some players they may like to be fired up at what is at stake for the club/fans that pays their wages as they owe it to the club and fans for what has been a very dissapointing season. 

The players and management have a chance to put it right following their hard work/improvement and commitment since Bollan came in. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Megginson will be a threat to Cowden no doubt about it.....,a very good player playing well below the  level of football he should be playing at.

Spartans goalkeeper was sensational,dont know why he isn't playing at a higher level !!

it's fine everyone shouting for the Cove but if the 'Heed fail to get promoted that's 6 heeland bus trips (two drivers) a year for 2nd division clubs, not ideal financially . Up the Coos!

Hope cowdenbeath stay up
As mentioned if peterhead don't go up three ex highland league teams in the league
No thanks

That and I don't like to see league teams drop out the league

Hope cowdenbeath stay up
As mentioned if peterhead don't go up three ex highland league teams in the league
No thanks

That and I don't like to see league teams drop out the league

Only ‘league’ teams while in the league and that’s due to it being a closed shop for so long. So if they get relegated they are no longer a ‘league’ team- Someone else is.

By that logic you wouldn’t want anyone promoted out of any league. Just pick a date in history and have all the teams stay at the same level each year.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Mon the Cove, will the new ground have a bar/lounge or is it an expensive pint at the Altens?

I believe so and hope so as theres not much in altens

9 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Megginson will be a threat to Cowden no doubt about it.....,a very good player playing well below the  level of football he should be playing at.

Spartans goalkeeper was sensational,dont know why he isn't playing at a higher level !!

I went over and have to agree what you say about Megginson and also about the Spartans goalie who turned in a fine performance.

55 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I went over and have to agree what you say about Megginson and also about the Spartans goalie who turned in a fine performance.

Megginson will be a threat but no more so than Rory M. Cove aren’t a one man band and have several decent players.

When we played Cowdenbeath in last seasons play-off I did have slightly mixed emotions.  As I've said in some other threads I don't see League 2 as being more enjoyable than the LL but when you enter a competition you have to try to win it.  This coupled with the many emotional posts provided by Cowden fans who clearly saw losing as a potential Armageddon meant I had some sympathy with them.  In the end, after 180 minutes, it went to the lottery of penalties.  I was gutted for the EK players and staff but wasn't bitter towards Cowdenbeath.

a.jpg

This season however I'm more of a mind that Cowdenbeath probably deserve to drop down a level as not only has there been no improvement it's actually got a lot worse and the lessons of last season have not been learned.

a2.jpg

This season however I'm more of a mind that Cowdenbeath probably deserve to drop down a level as not only has there been no improvement it's actually got a lot worse and the lessons of last season have not been learned.
a2.jpg.55339642c33fe35d096c59d7a9023e91.jpg

We did learn, it’s just we do not have the finances to compete at any level at the moment. Every time we drop down a League we have less money than the teams we are up against. Hence the struggle after struggle since we dropped out the Championship. No easy fix apart from the Club 135 initiative currently ongoing. I fear for the future unless something changes in our circumstances.

We did learn, it’s just we do not have the finances to compete at any level at the moment. Every time we drop down a League we have less money than the teams we are up against. Hence the struggle after struggle since we dropped out the Championship. No easy fix apart from the Club 135 initiative currently ongoing. I fear for the future unless something changes in our circumstances.

That’s why you need to drop down again until you find your natural level.

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

Well when you drop down to the Lowland League you'll have two years of parachute payments, money from the Scottish, League and Challenge cups - which should be more than most teams in the league.

8 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Well when you drop down to the Lowland League you'll have two years of parachute payments, money from the Scottish, League and Challenge cups - which should be more than most teams in the league.

Thought I read somewhere recently that the parachute payment had been cut back to one year but could be wrong about that.

I covered that. We don’t have a “natural” level. There are no limits to our dropping down. We can’t compete at any level with our current circumstances.

That money will get swallowed up with rent payments. Then we have lower crowds paying less at the gate.

52 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Any football fan that believes in 'natural levels' tends to be a complete cretin or an Old Firm fan (or commonly both). Which one do you fall under?

Any football fan that believes in 'natural levels' tends to be a complete cretin or an Old Firm fan (or commonly both). Which one do you fall under?

Neither actually but if you are claiming you can’t compete financially with every other club in the league (Scottish league 2 mind) then you are clearly not at the correct level or your club is extremely shoddily run.

Archived